View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 2387 of 2733 FirstFirst ... 1387188722872337237723852386238723882389239724372487 ... LastLast
Results 35,791 to 35,805 of 40994

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Design fail. Forcing players to get out and back in a game to see zombies on horde night.

...hey, this IS fun.
    The design is that once you die they stop attacking. However, this is a known workaround to restart the horde if they would want to, after they killed the horde off or took too long to get back into action and the horde despawned. I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings, hopefully you can see that with my previous post. I would hope for some good design ideas and exchanges is all. Sometimes you have good ideas, or intent, other times I wonder how you ever though of anything good This one is the worst I've seen, no offense.

Marketing fail. Not advertising a18 experimental on steam. How did you word it? "We don't need to advertise experimental."
    We don't need to, its doing fantastic. We're in the top 20 games selling on steam, if you take away all the fire sale games. Number 17 on steam charts. We'll advertise broader once its stable. Did you eat a snarkers candy bar or what today, geesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard69 View Post
    Except when you go to an airdrop you are expecting to fill your inventory with items. For many years no player expects repairing his stuff on the go to fill his inventory.

It would be unnecessarily creating a situation that could lead to huge player frustration if the conditions were right. Which seems more like design fail than a player should git gud at preparing for a repair.
    This. Please piss on that fire.

If you're doing something you know is going to drop your mods down the side of a mountain, that's a player fail, not a design fail. It's like getting an airdrop crate when your inventory is full. That a design fail? Nope. It's a dumb player move.

Try again.
    Have to agree with MM on that one. I doubt anyone will intuitively know to to make sure they have enough bag space when repairing. That's bad design in my book and unnecessary micro management.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    That would be a better design than random broke, but would take a bit of engineering.
    I would like to have the crafting benches for rent. Another idea is they are all broken and as you complete quests and build rep they become available.

But, I really like the idea of them being rented.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    Care to elaborate? I meant that all facial hair of all the zombies look grey-ish in stead of black. I've only seen this after the latest patch though.
    The zombies will look night and day better once redone. Like the terrain of 18 compared to alpha 1. The hair looking grey might be something in the post process stack, we haven't touched zombies art at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSamuelAdam View Post
    ^^^^Just add Guppy'a blood moon trickle. ^^^^^
    Trickle is boring. I'd rather see full on madness until 4am.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Trickle is boring. I'd rather see full on madness until 4am.
    Then make it happen baby! 😁😁😍😍😀

@Madmole:

Something that seems way to easy at the start is not requiring the anvil in the forge to make iron arrowheads, pot and grill, and ammo. It makes sense you would need an anvil for those items, and it adds satisfaction it getting enough resources to make one or finding one.

It looks like right now the anvil only speeds up the forge, and thats what the advanced bellows are for.

I get you are trying to simplify crafting, but IMHO these were all easy to understand and made sense before.

There isn't much sense in even having stone arrows if on day one you already have iron arrows available with little or no effort.

If you are keeping this over simplification, you might as well just get rid of the anvil and stone arrows.
    Last edited by Gareee; 10-20-2019 at 11:04 PM.

I find myself putting a point into the forge every game.... and I hate myself for it. It takes to look long to find the schematic for something I could get so early with 1 point. I have no good solution though, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard69 View Post
    Except when you go to an airdrop you are expecting to fill your inventory with items. For many years no player expects repairing his stuff on the go to fill his inventory.

It would be unnecessarily creating a situation that could lead to huge player frustration if the conditions were right. Which seems more like design fail than a player should git gud at preparing for a repair.
    seriously, make a box and throw stuff in it for a few seconds if you cant bear the thought of dumping your items on the ground... hell, even find a bird nest... they are everywhere. Your problem is NOT 'game over'

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrkura View Post
    Finally got around to taking those screen shots of my group's A18 base.

Outside 1 - Main building has a 12 x 12 footprint.
    Spoiler: 

Outside 2 - Blade trap moat is 6 blocks wide for a total base footprint of 24 x 24.
    Spoiler: 

Crafting (1st) Floor 1 - All crafting stations, one of each except for forges which we have two of. Basement hatch next to cooking station.
    Spoiler: 

Crafting (1st) Floor 2 - Stairs hidden behind crafting stations. Four switches on one wall for blade trap pit: one for each quadrant.
    Spoiler: 

Crafting (1st) Floor 3 - Storage containers all labeled.
    Spoiler: 

Crafting (1st) Floor 4 - A few clever construction techniques used to maximize floor space for crafting floor.
    Spoiler: 

Will post part 2/2 soon.
    Thanks for posting that, can you show the stairs, is that a walk way above your crafting station? Do you turn the corner, then go on the walkway, or go up the stairs to the roof? Just kind of curious how that part flows. Very cool base design. I had to use plate blocks near the drawbridge to keep from damaging it, so hopefully that can get fixed.

EDIT: Never mind you posted the stairs, thanks!!

It'll mean another gun type for each color.

I did like the suggestion that it's numbers go down each repair. That would work with the current state system. Loses 10% of stats each repair or something.
    Perhaps tying slot numbers to quality is just not right. Why not just make every mod work, but its effectiveness is reduced by a certain percentage for its respective weapon quality instead

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    I find myself putting a point into the forge every game.... and I hate myself for it. It takes to look long to find the schematic for something I could get so early with 1 point. I have no good solution though, thoughts?
    1) Find a working Forge
    2) Focus on looting POIs with more books (I.E. crack a book)
    3) Play a different build that doesnt rely on the Forge heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrkura View Post
    Part 2/2

Crafting (1.5th) Floor 1 - Walkway above crafting stations leads to second floor.
    Spoiler: 

Crafting (1.5th) Floor 2 - Ample drop-off chests for quick inventory dump.
    Spoiler: 

Crafting (1st) Floor Safe - Group income is higher than expenses. Extra dukes get stored here.
    Spoiler: 

Basement Floor - Generators/wires hidden beneath floor. Blocks primarily targeted by undead reinforced to steel. Plenty of sight lines for shooting/looting during bloodmoon.
    Spoiler: 

Garden (2nd) Floor - Under construction garden on top floor.
    Spoiler: 

House Husband - Yours truly.
    Spoiler: 
    Thanks, how does it hold up on blood moons? What game stage has it faced so far?