0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1072 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 725729721022106210701071107210731074108211221172 ... LastLast
Results 16,066 to 16,080 of 22456

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarakatunga View Post
    I was testing this game for a long time for my dedicated server, it is likely that when you approach a prefab very close to the wall, the engine continues to see the 3d model, far away and why the decline in fps? Is this engine very bad? or it is badly programmed as a friend said without offending.
    It seems that you got a bad Server and it doesnt load the chunk fast enough, to load the "real" Buildings in in Time. I sometimes get this Problem when i travel ultrafast in Godmode

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    My verdict: BM is too easy to survive. Take whatever measures necessary making that event frightful for the players. You need to survive and not play catch and have fun with the horde.
    I don't see it as doggedly as you do. It is a game and not a survival simulator. A game should be fun first and foremost.

If you think the horde night is too easy then set the difficulty higher or mod the game. You have many possibilities to customize your personal game.

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    I don't see it as doggedly as you do. It is a game and not a survival simulator. A game should be fun first and foremost.

If you think the horde night is too easy then set the difficulty higher or mod the game. You have many possibilities to customize your personal game.
    :takes deep breath, rubs earlobes and repeats the words "whosah": <-bad boys 2 reference

You do know this is a survival game right? Look at the homepage for this game.
    This is literally marketed as a survival game. It is a simulated zombie survival type game.....
    Thus a survival simulator.....

"Survive – Experience real hardcore survival mechanics with over 45 buff boosts/ailments along with dynamic cold and hot weather to contend with."
    https://7daystodie.com/?home
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:15 AM.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    :takes deep breath, rubs earlobes and repeats the words "whosah": <-bad boys 2 reference

You do know this is a survival game right? Look at the homepage for this game.
    This is literally marketed as a survival game. It is a simulated zombie survival type game.....
    Thus a survival simulator.....
    It's not a simulator. It is a game.

A simulator would try to reproduce reality as accurately as possible. A game, on the other hand, sacrifices accuracy for fun.

A simulator would try to reproduce reality as accurately as possible. A game, on the other hand, sacrifices accuracy for fun.
    EXTREMELY well said.

Of course many people, many opinions.
    I try to support the game with my honest feedback.
    The game is called with a reason “7 days to die”. For me it is a core statement. A frightening Blood-moon makes the game exciting for a long time to come.
    You need to survive and being prepared for that terrifying day. To make it a bit salty again, BM degraded to a XP farming event. Priority and main focus during BM has to be ofc staying alive by all means at hand(weapons, traps, fortifying base, etc.) until next morning. XP increase is a decent side effect. Again my opinion of many.
    Last edited by PeterB; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:27 AM.

Of course many people, many opinions.
    many people have many different skills/playstyles/preferations

To make it a bit salty again
    for you, just go to options menu and turn up difficulty.

Priority and main focus during BM must be ofc staying alive until next morning.
    or is already for some people
    And this isn't just my opinion but a given fact.
    Please think about why does the game have to absolutely fit your level of difficulty, while it is too difficult or even jet too easy for others?

There's no rule saying that a simulation must be accurate at all. Only that it simulates an existing system or process.

Almost all games are simulations in one sense or another but not many simulations are games.

Sorry, I do not want getting into a debate. The main issue, BM is redundant if you can run away and survive easily.
    I am fine with changing difficulty as long as you cannot evade the event.
    Last edited by PeterB; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    Almost all games are simulations in one sense or another but not many simulations are games.
    PeterB's point was that the game is too easy at his optinion...just that.
    No need to further argumentation about the very definition of the terms "simulation" vs "(arcade-)game"

:stroking beard and thinking:
    Good point.

Lol, Sim vs. game debate.

nothing wrong with civil debates, its what makes the world go round. Needless arguements on the other hand......

Sorry, I do not want getting into a debate. The main issue, BM is redundant if you can run away and survive easily.
    I am fine with changing difficulty as long as you cannot evade the event.
    Could you elaborate on BM being to easy? I'm a curious type person by nature and love hearing peoples opinions.
    I understand the running away part, of course this makes BM easy. Thats a game of hide and seek. What about facing a BM head on..

EDIT: Don't mind those who take offense to your opinion. People now days are just to sensitive and are easily offended when someone does not agree with them.

Some will find BM to easy, some to hard, other its just right. No person has the right to shoot down another for voicing there opinion or attack them just because it does not vibe with them.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:11 AM.

Apology, I might not been clear enough with my previous posts. Its not too easy, since difficulty can be adjusted according your needs. Its the fear factor which is missing and easy since you are able to run away. Also some special BM zeds might help making the event more creepy and scary.
    Last edited by PeterB; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:25 AM.