0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1358 of 1497 FirstFirst ... 35885812581308134813561357135813591360136814081458 ... LastLast
Results 20,356 to 20,370 of 22455

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tok View Post
    I think a building system like Rust/Fallout 4 could work (not for 7 days, but just commenting on the topic), if there were loads of different shapes and sizes of building blocks. Combined with the painting mechanic I think some awesome looking bases could be built using it. Voxel is great, but it is very limited by the size of the blocks, meaning floors and walls have to be a meter thick.

I also think that the mining could be done without in a new game. The idea of having to find the perfect spot to build around the landscape appeals to me, rather than just being able to build anywhere. It would be cool to come across a perfect spot that has a few craters that could be used within your base design to make traps etc.
    Yeah people get married to sharp sticks. People are fine eating ground rat meat until they taste steak. There are advantages to both systems, to us its about fidelity, performance and being able to just do more cool things, like fast vehicles, way more zeds in the world, more player support, better lighting, more of a persistent world. We could abstract a new mining and there would be so many new cool benefits that it really wouldn't matter in the big picture. Imagine putting more than a coffee cup on a table, but a whole set of whatever you wanted, no more one model per meter bs, no more 3 feet thick walls, everything would look way better and be way more immersive.

Oo I know.... combine static terrain mode with PvP mode and just call it The Unpopular Stuff Mode...

(Put LBD in there as a honey pot)
    Last edited by Roland; 4 Days Ago at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Yeah School doesn't prepare you for anything important.

Overall there should be money management courses, relationship courses, goal setting and importance of grinding and visualization, more programs to get people into the work force. History? Stupid. Doesn't do anyone any good, least of all teenagers. Yeah people fight and die over stupid stuff, I never learned anything from Rome's mistakes. They should have courses that build confidence and teach you to have a strong hand shake and make eye contact, most these kids are introverted because of phone life.
    Oh, I couldn't disagree more with you about the importance of teaching history - now, teaching it without the teachers own bias being an issue, sure, that's nigh on impossible to eliminate, but as the old saying goes, "those who don't learn from history, are doomed to repeat it", is something I see around me (as a keen student of history) today more than ever.

I recently had a swastika scratched into my car roof. When I reported it to the police, the 20-something cop on the other side of the counter asked me first "What's a swastika?" and I was gobsmacked. I damn near went full-stage grumpy old man, and nigh on lectured him on the spot then and there.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Agreed. More necessity for scaffolding would be a good move. I also would like sleeper zombie animals in the ground. If they only get spawned in tunnel walls directly behind the player (while making some noise) there wouldn't be much underground destruction and only RipClaw would be really mad at TFP
    Yeah, yeah, go ahead and make fun of me. I hope the next time you go into the mine a horde of zombie bears and dogs will follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by Orsey View Post
    OK MM,
    Briefly: I propose to add to the game limited number of repairs for items and two types of repairs "Quick repair" and "Overhaul". "Quick repair" is done in the backpack, and "Overhaul" only at the workbench or at the trader.

Details below. Thanks.
    ------------------

I liked the weapon repair system in Dying Light, or rather a limited number of repairs. This system could be partially introduced into your game, but with changes.

So, I have excellent idea for 7 days To Die =)
    1. Add the "number of repairs" parameter to the items.
    2. Add two types of repair “simple repair” and “overhaul”.
    3. Simple repair - repair weapons with repair kits, repair tools with metal, repair armor with tape. After each simple repair, you need to reduce the "number of repairs" parameter by one.
    4. When the value “number of repairs” drops to zero, the item cannot be repaired with a “simple repair”.
    5. To restore the value of “number of repairs”, you need to perform “Overhaul”.
    6. "Overhaul" must be done on a workbench or at a trader (or other special NPC's).
    7. For "Overhaul" will already need more different resources:
    - for weapons: repair kit, parts for this weapon, oil, etc.
    - for tools: metal, parts of this tool, etc.
    - for armor: fabric, threads, adhesive tape, leather, details of the armor and more ...
    8. "Overhaul" will be available only after purchasing a certain level perk from the corresponding attribute.
    9. And the last one. Some particularly strong legendary items may have a very large “number of repairs” parameter, but we cannot do “Overhauls”, or “legendary details” may be needed for repairs (for balance in the game).

Sorry for the text wall.
    What do you think of it?
    Thanks in advance for your reply.
    This belongs in pimp dreams, not picking on you but just stop. A18 questions only unless its some major issue. If you would read more than you type you would know my stance on this already. This is a bunch of clunky ideas that add zero value. Busy work that keeps us from making a great game. Why won't my gun repair? WTF? Oh you need to jump through a special hoop so you can resume normal activities. Its just busy work that isn't interesting. There is so much to do and no time to do it now, this would just aggravate people. I barely have enough time to build traps and grind bullets for the horde now that I am late game. I want to loot but they are coming. We don't need any clunky special repair meta game, we just simplified repair (phase 1 anyway) we're not going to make it over complicated. Repair is not fun, new stuff is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Louden View Post
    Damn, I feel kind of bad.

Didn't mean to mess up your sales =(
    Its all good, its speculation, and not your fault anyway. KS was great for publicity and things all happen for a reason.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by OzHawkeye View Post
    Oh, I couldn't disagree more with you about the importance of teaching history - now, teaching it without the teachers own bias being an issue, sure, that's nigh on impossible to eliminate, but as the old saying goes, "those who don't learn from history, are doomed to repeat it", is something I see around me (as a keen student of history) today more than ever.

I recently had a swastika scratched into my car roof. When I reported it to the police, the 20-something cop on the other side of the counter asked me first "What's a swastika?" and I was gobsmacked. I damn near went full-stage grumpy old man, and nigh on lectured him on the spot then and there.
    And just what did you nigh on lecture him about? I hope it was the widespread historical appearances of the swastika as a symbol which vastly predates Nazi germany 😁
    Last edited by Zombie_Jam; 4 Days Ago at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_Jam View Post
    And what did you night on lecture him about? I hope it was the widespread historical appearances of the swastika as a symbol which vastly predates Nazi germany ��
    If I had lectured him, which I chose not to do, yes, I would have taken a little time to point out to him that the origin of that symbol goes back more than a thousand years before it was so grossly appropriated by a certain ex-corporal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    MM/TFP - if you change the height map and reduce it by maybe 50-100 blocks, would that not improve performance?

Instead of mining down 30-100 blocks I would mine 10-30 blocks or something like that?
    This sounds like a better compromise to me but only if it results in significant gains in other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    They should have courses that build confidence and teach you to have a strong hand shake...

True that.

I try not to prejudge people, but I never realized how important a firm handshake was until I shook hands with one of these kids. I have ZERO idea what part of the brain it comes from, but damn...a weak handshake gives me the creeps.

-Morloc

Refugee
    Any chance of barbed wire bleeding zombies coming up? We have barbed wire mods that have a chance to do that so I was always curious as to why barbed traps didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    If you find all the parts to the 4x4 (or any vehicle) in Pass-N-Gas boxes, you can assemble the vehicle at the workbench with no perks/levels required. An oversight perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    No, TFP changed this on purpose in one of the 17.x alphas.
    Did not know this. And I just waited until level 85 in game to be able to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Morloc View Post
    True that.

I try not to prejudge people, but I never realized how important a firm handshake was until I shook hands with one of these kids. I have ZERO idea what part of the brain it comes from, but damn...a weak handshake gives me the creeps.

-Morloc
    I always get a laugh when T.J. Miller shakes that guys hand in front of the theater In Transformers Extinction
    Last edited by Gamida; 4 Days Ago at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OzHawkeye View Post
    If I had lectured him, which I chose not to do, yes, I would have taken a little time to point out to him that the origin of that symbol goes back more than a thousand years before it was so grossly appropriated by a certain ex-corporal.
    I hope duckface selfies are accepted as bad as that one some day.

#historyisawesome

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Complaining about Till's fat ass/not making weight then praising Fatstalum in the next paragraph -- Really?

Fatstalum missed weight by 10 pounds for Tyron Woodley (10 pounds!!!!) AND lost the fight!

On another occasion on the day of weigh ins, Fatstalum didn't make an attempt to formally make the weight limit and his bout with Cerrone was scrapped completely.

These aren't the only 2 occasions and THIS is exactly why I have no respect for Fatstalum.
    Yeah it was disappointing he couldn't make weight. I like watching him fight, its never boring. He brings it ever time. I think he's grown up a lot and has been making weight. I just don't see Till getting it done he's too inexperienced.

What do you think about Whittaker Adesanya?

I have a question...¿A18 will be support to track ir (like trackir 5) or similar tracking system?

Thanks!

:grasa: