0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1373 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 37387312731323136313711372137313741375138314231473 ... LastLast
Results 20,581 to 20,595 of 22456

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    “When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”

Scavenger
    as for school,,, well this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xe6nLVXEC0

Zombie Hunter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0RhxOlW8V0

In new horde night video, I notice that Character is at health of 168, similarly for stamina. I think with perk it increase in fold of 10, so it should be 170 or 160 .. did I miss an update about health?

also, he never get infected?
    Last edited by archergod; 4 Days Ago at 06:15 AM.

Reconstructionist 4sheetzngeegles's Avatar
    When I was la little bitty boy
    My grandma gave me a brand new toy
    It was two bells on the end of a string
    She said here son it your little

Spoiler: 
    Bicycle bell.

Spoiler: 
    You thought I was going to say dingalingaling didn't yah?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    @madmole

...am I crazy or were you killing them more easily with your ak (or whatever ammo you had in your ak) than your m60? The rad soldiers especially were going down easier with the ak...

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithyl View Post
    Yes, older generations always think that new generations are weak and new generations always think that old generations are out of touch with reality. Funny how people still think they are right when they make such remarks on one or the other
    As the saying goes, "Humanity never learns."

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by archergod View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0RhxOlW8V0

In new horde night video, I notice that Character is at health of 168, similarly for stamina. I think with perk it increase in fold of 10, so it should be 170 or 160 .. did I miss an update about health?

In A18 health and stamina are governed by your level.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    @madmole

...am I crazy or were you killing them more easily with your ak (or whatever ammo you had in your ak) than your m60? The rad soldiers especially were going down easier with the ak...
    There was a point where he switched to AP ammo and the soldiers started dropping like flies.

-A

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    In A18 health and stamina are governed by your level.
    That is great. but why he is not getting infected after so many hits ? no buff was visible if he had some antibiotic before etc.

That is great. but why he is not getting infected after so many hits ? no buff was visible if he had some antibiotic before etc.
    Heavy armour reduces the risk of infection.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Easy peasy, its outdoors. Its not supposed to be dangerous unless you are in the wasteland. Region based danger for biome spawning is the best design, not leveled guys. Leveled random encounters could be cool though.
    Random encounters would be awesome. It'll put suspense back when you're hunting, chopping wood and what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
    There was a point where he switched to AP ammo and the soldiers started dropping like flies.
    Ammo type does matter.
    HP ammo is great for unarmored targets but quite weak against armor.

Of course you can also go with regular ammo which works "well enough" and is cheaper to make but doesn't over-penetrate like AP...
    You'll figure it out. =P

With static terrain we could pre bake nav mesh and it would run amazing. SI calculations would be limited to "chunk entities". You could build chunk entities with 360 degree rotations.
    You would still have voxel POIs which can't have pre baked nav mesh..

In the base tour video Joel says if you punch them in the face with the spiked knuckles they cant bite (infect) you only swing at you

So please inspire me as to what history you learned from? People learn by their own mistakes not by others and certainly not history books in school. I try to tell people how to live their lives all the time and they just keep making the same stupid mistakes and learn slow AF. "What did I say would happen" "uhh yeah you were right" then they do the same crap again or new crap and barely learn.

Maybe I had crappy teachers, but I don't recall learning anything from history classes. I find it more interesting now, but as a kid or teenager it was worse than watching paint dry. I am curious what you think a student can learn from it.
    Well, it'd be really hard to answer that question without straying into politics, which we can't do.

But yes, I absolutely believe that History should be a compulsory subject in schools, because I look around today and see what appears to me, a lot of history, repeating itself, as the saying goes, first as farce, then as tragedy.

Sorry you had a bad history teacher, to be sure, that won't help, and kids might not (at the time) appreciate it, but democracies die, foremost through apathy, and I tend to see a lot of that nowadays I reckon.