0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 1085 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 8558598510351075108310841085
Results 16,261 to 16,270 of 16270

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Anyone else excited that Madmole is experiencing electricity which sounds like that area of the game is going to get some much needed lovin'?
    I am, as an electrician I am hoping it will get a book series to allow for more advanced electrical builds. Like for instance a hidden wiring system, where you get to create/use smaller model outlets and place them on the walls. As long as the walls are connected the "wire" is there and all you should only need to connect the power source to an inlet to power the circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Muriel View Post
    The first page says "No Blood Moon escape prevention in A18".
    What does this even mean?
    It means that TFP are not currently restricting the players to escape the BM by bikes or something.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Muriel View Post
    The first page says "No Blood Moon escape prevention in A18".
    What does this even mean?
    That means in A18 nothing stops you from avoiding the horde by driving around in a vehicle. There were several ideas to make it harder to avoid the horde. For example, the zombies will run into your vehicle and cause damage if you don't dodge them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirillion View Post
    I am, as an electrician I am hoping it will get a book series to allow for more advanced electrical builds. Like for instance a hidden wiring system, where you get to create/use smaller model outlets and place them on the walls. As long as the walls are connected the "wire" is there and all you should only need to connect the power source to an inlet to power the circuit.
    I'm OCD about wiring. I tend to make my electrical room on the top floor in this way i can wire everything up without showing a single wire. Its hard work and takes tons of resources but in the end, no wires showing, light switches in every single room and I'll have a security room that controls every single alarm system, outside spot lights etc.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirillion View Post
    What I think if possible technically is they should make wire don't render if a full block is next to it, this way they have less item to render and wire don't get visible. and when connected to points, they should always connect to bottom part of item or looks like it is going down to wall before it spread so it stick to wall.

Maybe render on negative of their block so they render on other block instead like doors render over the blocks.

Tracker
    @madmole or anyone do you think that steam workshop will make it in a18 or is that being added when the game goes gold?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    I'm OCD about wiring. I tend to make my electrical room on the top floor in this way i can wire everything up without showing a single wire. Its hard work and takes tons of resources but in the end, no wires showing, light switches in every single room and I'll have a security room that controls every single alarm system, outside spot lights etc.
    In Ark, I used to build double walls - basically a passage around the outside of the base to hide the electrics behind, until the S+ mod introduced the idea of being able to hide and show the wiring as a toggle. I think that was great.

Still I think Terraria did it the best way - you can only see the wires, if you're holding the wire tool.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I just got electricity set up and was immediately underwhelmed at my lights, I think they have cookie shadow casters on them leaving an ugly black wall. I'll be improving them tomorrow and every thing else I get my hands on that doesn't feel right. Electric lights are a downgrade from torches and even candles, so I'm fixing it. Nothing beats playing the game and seeing all these little issues first hand. I'm dedicated to giving you guys an awesome mid and late game, early game is awesome for sure already.
    This is great to hear. The electric lights have been crap for a long time now. Only lights worth using are simple lights and spotlights.

Btw Kage
    I just played a bit of 7d2d and tried your method of going guns blazing into pois...
    and you are right, that it is not worth it. Especially with all the radiated Z's the reward is like 1/10 of what you spend.

BUT I also feel that is kinda the point. Guns should be a last resort, not a "I spekked into guns and now I want the option to just shoot everything".
    While I do play on higher difficulties, the baseline should be the same.
    Running enemies are scary (on nightmare) and on insane they 4-5 shot you, so getting stunned is a deathsentence, so guns are more or less the only way to deal with them.
    So I do agree that pois need more/better loot for the amount of Z's they hold (weren't they reduced for A18? and loot buffed?), but I also feel like you need to consider that if you are sneaky and oneshot them, increasing the reward will offset the powerbalance.

So I don't know the balance of A18 but in A17 a small increase in loot (like more stuff that you need, not more bullets) would probably be needed, but I'll wait for A18 ^^

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Pille View Post
    Basically, a future item on the list below.
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-All-the-gates
    OMG this documentary post is amazing, so much nostalgia.
    Thanks for sharing, and to Roland for posting it.