Page 448 of 448 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448
Results 6,706 to 6,718 of 6718

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Again no. You can't have end game on day 1, sorry. Players chase better weapons to out grow the early game stuff and be competitive with the later game stuff. It needs to feel rewarding and challenging in stages. A cycle of you are weak or barely adequate, to stomping those that challenged you early on, then we introduce new bad guys who challenge you again, but you grow and overcome them, rinse and repeat.
    Gazz seemed to have liked that idea, so do I.

New raw damage should come from a new weapon class. Only lootable at later game-stages.
    I just dont like to have a chest full of weapons that have outlived any purpose apart from scrapping or selling them.

Yes we have something like that drawn up.

You are the best game developers in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Gazz seemed to have liked that idea, so do I.

New raw damage should come from a new weapon class. Only lootable at later game-stages.
    I just dont like to have a chest full of weapons that have outlived any purpose apart from scrapping or selling them.
    So sell them. That is the nature of upgrading stuff. When you buy a new car do you keep your old one? With the new design every part you can scrap out of them will be important IMO. Quality and Tier both improve damage now.

So sell them. That is the nature of upgrading stuff. When you buy a new car do you keep your old one? With the new design every part you can scrap out of them will be important IMO. Quality and Tier both improve damage now.
    Well, the old car would go as fast in top speed as the new one (unless you happen to drive on the German Autobahn), its just likely to be a more convenient and more luxury car. Selling the old and purchasing a new one should be driven by wealth (looting success and player economy), not by just finding a new model. The old car can still do most of the things you want. Its more about the bonuses like leather seats, and better acceleration and reliability.
    Last edited by Damocles; 1 Hour Ago at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Well, the old car would go as fast in top speed as the new one (unless you happen to drive on the German Autobahn), its just likely to be a more convenient and more luxury car. Selling the old and purchasing a new one should be driven by wealth (looting success and player economy), not by just finding a new model. The old car can still do most of the things you want. Its more about the bonuses like leather seats, and better acceleration and reliability.
    A19 will have random stat ranges with some overlap above and below their quality and tier, so finding the perfect weapon will be more engaging.

Tracker
    Quality and Tier both improve damage now.
    Nice

- - - Updated - - -

A19 will have random stat ranges with some overlap above and below their quality and tier, so finding the perfect weapon will be more engaging.
    Hallelujah. This is what I've always wanted.

Joel, video, please, me starve, i want to see, video. Me die

Awesome. I love it.

I like the sound of this. My current issue in A17 is once you get level 25 or so you can already make tier 5 items or so. Which really kills the need to loot anymore. But with random stat ranges, that'll be intersting, even moreso if craft recipies produce a static version that has stats on the low end for its quality/tier, it'll work, but you'll need to go out to loot a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trankitas View Post
    Joel, video, please, me starve, i want to see, video. Me die
    I need a video at this point too lol. But if no videos means more time spent on development, then let 'em have at it. I do hope they reach their goal of mid-June to early July.

Does it make me a bastard that we are on A17 and MM mentions A19 and I secretly am hoping the number goes higher (A20, A21,...)
    I dream of it going on improving forever.
    Not ideal for TFP's but makes me insides warm it does.

There are already plans for A19 that means that maybe A18 is 90% and only missing adjustments? to release the experimental?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    Does it make me a bastard that we are on A17 and MM mentions A19 and I secretly am hoping the number goes higher (A20, A21,...)
    I dream of it going on improving forever.
    Not ideal for TFP's but makes me insides warm it does.
    My question is. If A17 was 75 percent of a new sequel -- How much percent of a sequel is A18?

Love you MM.