Page 448 of 448 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448
Results 6,706 to 6,718 of 6718

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

  1. #6706
    Reconstructionist Damocles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Again no. You can't have end game on day 1, sorry. Players chase better weapons to out grow the early game stuff and be competitive with the later game stuff. It needs to feel rewarding and challenging in stages. A cycle of you are weak or barely adequate, to stomping those that challenged you early on, then we introduce new bad guys who challenge you again, but you grow and overcome them, rinse and repeat.
    Gazz seemed to have liked that idea, so do I.

    New raw damage should come from a new weapon class. Only lootable at later game-stages.
    I just dont like to have a chest full of weapons that have outlived any purpose apart from scrapping or selling them.

  2. #6707
    Tracker Ayrton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Asunción - Paraguay
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Yes we have something like that drawn up.

    You are the best game developers in the world

  3. #6708
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10,032
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Gazz seemed to have liked that idea, so do I.

    New raw damage should come from a new weapon class. Only lootable at later game-stages.
    I just dont like to have a chest full of weapons that have outlived any purpose apart from scrapping or selling them.
    So sell them. That is the nature of upgrading stuff. When you buy a new car do you keep your old one? With the new design every part you can scrap out of them will be important IMO. Quality and Tier both improve damage now.

  4. #6709
    Reconstructionist Damocles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    So sell them. That is the nature of upgrading stuff. When you buy a new car do you keep your old one? With the new design every part you can scrap out of them will be important IMO. Quality and Tier both improve damage now.
    Well, the old car would go as fast in top speed as the new one (unless you happen to drive on the German Autobahn), its just likely to be a more convenient and more luxury car. Selling the old and purchasing a new one should be driven by wealth (looting success and player economy), not by just finding a new model. The old car can still do most of the things you want. Its more about the bonuses like leather seats, and better acceleration and reliability.
    Last edited by Damocles; 1 Hour Ago at 03:58 PM.

  5. #6710
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10,032
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Well, the old car would go as fast in top speed as the new one (unless you happen to drive on the German Autobahn), its just likely to be a more convenient and more luxury car. Selling the old and purchasing a new one should be driven by wealth (looting success and player economy), not by just finding a new model. The old car can still do most of the things you want. Its more about the bonuses like leather seats, and better acceleration and reliability.
    A19 will have random stat ranges with some overlap above and below their quality and tier, so finding the perfect weapon will be more engaging.

  6. #6711
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Quality and Tier both improve damage now.
    Nice

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    A19 will have random stat ranges with some overlap above and below their quality and tier, so finding the perfect weapon will be more engaging.
    Hallelujah. This is what I've always wanted.

  7. #6712
    Tracker Trankitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In the Wild
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    1
    Joel, video, please, me starve, i want to see, video. Me die

  8. #6713
    Colony Founder SnowDog1942's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,306
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    A19 will have random stat ranges with some overlap above and below their quality and tier, so finding the perfect weapon will be more engaging.
    Awesome. I love it.

  9. #6714
    Colony Founder Scyris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,853
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    A19 will have random stat ranges with some overlap above and below their quality and tier, so finding the perfect weapon will be more engaging.
    I like the sound of this. My current issue in A17 is once you get level 25 or so you can already make tier 5 items or so. Which really kills the need to loot anymore. But with random stat ranges, that'll be intersting, even moreso if craft recipies produce a static version that has stats on the low end for its quality/tier, it'll work, but you'll need to go out to loot a better one.

  10. #6715
    Hunter Bird Nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    I live where my PC lives.
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trankitas View Post
    Joel, video, please, me starve, i want to see, video. Me die
    I need a video at this point too lol. But if no videos means more time spent on development, then let 'em have at it. I do hope they reach their goal of mid-June to early July.

  11. #6716
    Hood Ornament Gamida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,980
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    A19 will have random stat ranges with some overlap above and below their quality and tier, so finding the perfect weapon will be more engaging.
    Does it make me a bastard that we are on A17 and MM mentions A19 and I secretly am hoping the number goes higher (A20, A21,...)
    I dream of it going on improving forever.
    Not ideal for TFP's but makes me insides warm it does.

  12. #6717
    Tracker Ayrton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Asunción - Paraguay
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    A19 will have random stat ranges with some overlap above and below their quality and tier, so finding the perfect weapon will be more engaging.
    There are already plans for A19 that means that maybe A18 is 90% and only missing adjustments? to release the experimental?

  13. #6718
    Colony Founder SnowDog1942's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,306
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    Does it make me a bastard that we are on A17 and MM mentions A19 and I secretly am hoping the number goes higher (A20, A21,...)
    I dream of it going on improving forever.
    Not ideal for TFP's but makes me insides warm it does.
    My question is. If A17 was 75 percent of a new sequel -- How much percent of a sequel is A18?

    Love you MM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •