Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Results 1,291 to 1,301 of 1301

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperXGen View Post
    hey people! I have some ideas for 7D2D's future! I want to present you some cool options, dedicated to books, perks and crafting systems. I invite everyone who is reading this to come and see what I have to show you! You won't regret it!
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-7D2D-Versions
    I wish your mod well. We can't keep adding 5% damage forever, does the word OP come to mind? We can though give you XP for every book read.

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I wish your mod well. We can't keep adding 5% damage forever, does the word OP come to mind? We can though give you XP for every book read.
    That would be good. That way finding books you already own still feel useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirion View Post
    That would be good. That way finding books you already own still feel useful.
    Yes, the majority of books found will be "old novels" or something like that. Read for xp or sell for a few dukes. Perk books will be kind of rare, so collecting all of them will be an achievement IMO. Even if I made them fairly common, the fact that there are over 130 of them and a ton of schematics means RNG will make it hard to get that last one you NEED to get the collectors bonus perk.

I like the old books idea. how about audio/video recordings we find that provide fragments of the past and how we got here. maybe you have to go to a trade to have it translated or played. you would get XP for finding and using.

Why do i want experience for nothing?, it will artificially inflate my gamestage without giving me anything in return like iron or wood or usefull loot or stats etc...

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Why do i want experience for nothing?, it will artificially inflate my gamestage without giving me anything in return like iron or wood or usefull loot or stats etc...
    tbh, I have never been a fan of the way gamestage is currently calculated.

Any plans to potentially update gamestage calculation to something else like days survived? Leveling up seems like a penalty. But if GS is calculated based upon days survived, the opposite would occur - leveling up would be a survival mechanism to keep you on par with zombies.

Or let me rephrase - days survived is a function already, but nothing compared to leveling up. Days survived should have a bigger influence

Any plans to potentially update gamestage calculation to something else like days survived? Leveling up seems like a penalty. But if GS is calculated based upon days survived, the opposite would occur - leveling up would be a survival mechanism to keep you on par with zombies.

Or let me rephrase - days survived is a function already, but nothing compared to leveling up. Days survived should have a bigger influence
    Agreed 100%

Leader
    I know rwg is being worked on. But wondering rwg should have its own tab in the in game menu with lot's of options.

- Like hills true false.
    - Mountains true false.
    - Amount of deco 5% 10% 25% etc.
    - Flat world true false or can be percentage. So we people who like pois to actually spawn and big pois to actually spawn can with a complete flat world.
    - Big cities true false
    - small cities true false
    - amount of biomes 4/5/6/7/8 etc
    - weather events none mild medium lots storming
    - mother nature events - cyclone /flooding/monsoonal/avalanches etc
    - water types lakes/rivers/oceans etc

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Agreed 100%
    This would also help make it simple to adjust rate of GS increase for people wanting an easier or harder game.

GS increasing too fast?

Make days longer (120 minutes).

GS too slow for you? Make it shorter... (30 minutes)

I get that merely adjusting difficulty can impact GS calculations, but not in the way I want. What if you like to play on harder difficulties but want extra time before zombies are all green?

I made myself a simple mod that lets you adjust the GS multiplier per difficulty which is my current Band-Aid solution.
    Last edited by Cirion; 1 Hour Ago at 10:12 PM.

meh...sounds good in theory but I've been playing that way while testing my mod and it is not good. I am trying to figure out ways to increase gamestage faster than simply days survived because currenty I have no way to level up in my mod so I am forever level 1. So gamestage is pretty much purely a function of days survived and that is way too slow of a difficulty progression (and I'm betting even for most anyone).
    Last edited by Roland; 25 Minutes Ago at 10:59 PM.

Zombie Hunter
    I always wanted an mp3 player at my base to drown out the spooky stuff.

make it happen!!