0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 1110 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 110610101010601100110811091110
Results 16,636 to 16,641 of 16641

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    And when we are on off-topic subject (still related to gaming): an early access date for Mount and Blade Bannerlord has been announced!
    Also Kerbal Space Program 2 was announced for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Would all that explain why running a custom command of killing all animals on the server at once seemed like it fixed the spawning issue? I've always been curious if it was a coincidence or it actually did have an effect.
    Not sure if you have been following the discussions that took place earlier.
    It only speeds up the process of getting to the max spawns/region (all spawned and dead). So i would say it has the opposite effect.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Prisma501 View Post
    It only speeds up the process of getting to the max spawns/region (all spawned and dead). So i would say it has the opposite effect.

Cheers
    Yeah, based on what he said it kinda sounds like killing all would not help in anyway. errrr I swear I can drive myself crazy not knowing how something works or why lol. I really should just spend a month and teach myself programming to help get the answers.
    I'm the type of person that has to know why stuff works the way it does and or why it doesn't, its maddening sometimes. Figuring it out in the end though is very rewarding.

This whole thing about why animals do not spawn in or do for some people is going to be on my mind for the rest of the day. Now i remember why I stopped caring about this subject regarding animal spawns lmao!

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Yeah, based on what he said it kinda sounds like killing all would not help in anyway. errrr I swear I can drive myself crazy not knowing how something works or why lol. I really should just spend a month and teach myself programming to help get the answers.
    I'm the type of person that has to know why stuff works the way it does and or why it doesn't, its maddening sometimes. Figuring it out in the end though is very rewarding.

This whole thing about why animals do not spawn in or do for some people is going to be on my mead for the rest of the day. Now i remember why I stopped caring about this subject regarding animal spawns lmao!
    People need to move; Haid laid it out correctly as far as "how it works behind the scenes", but the net effect is that you've hunted out the area, so you need to move to a new area to find animals. How it's implemented is hacky as F, but the net effect works. Finding animals by spending half a day hunting isn't hard, you just need to take the time to do it; you can get a weeks worth of animals that way... I don't endorse the TFP method of recipes (5 meats for 1 meat), but otherwise I don't see an issue with hunger after a few days of play. Ever.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecolours View Post
    Madmole, now that you got electricity up and running in your game you should mess around with the auto turret. It simple lacks fire power and is a waste of 9mm ammo. Could use a damage buff or redesigned.
    FYI: During the last stream someone had mentioned a new turret that takes 7.62 is needed to go with the 9mm and shotty ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    People need to move; Haid laid it out correctly as far as "how it works behind the scenes", but the net effect is that you've hunted out the area, so you need to move to a new area to find animals. How it's implemented is hacky as F, but the net effect works. Finding animals by spending half a day hunting isn't hard, you just need to take the time to do it; you can get a weeks worth of animals that way... I don't endorse the TFP method of recipes (5 meats for 1 meat), but otherwise I don't see an issue with hunger after a few days of play. Ever.
    I find just riding a bike around for 1 full day you will get tons and tons of meat. I've never had an issue with food, except maybe day 1 or 2 of a fresh start but thats it.