View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Experimental is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1579 of 2449 FirstFirst ... 5791079147915291569157715781579158015811589162916792079 ... LastLast
Results 23,671 to 23,685 of 36723

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Not to mention that when I took a trip to Arizona I found out those things are real though they do NOT look like hunched over zombies at a distance like they often do in this game. Better reduce their numbers....
    They were left in intentionally to make the wilderness feel like there are more zombies out there then there are lol.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Hard to say, I'm not even using int stuff tbh other than workstations. You have to be INT 6 to start perking into tasers and turrets so I'm focusing on perception and will add that stuff in later, around level 30 to 40, after I have perception tricked out. I can't spread myself too thin or my combat will suck bad, so I need to get perception jacked up and buy a lot of those perks first, then I'll do int for the later game to turret XP and all the electric doors and stuff.

I lost a couple spears already, we're going to have to add a glow shader or people will be crying a river. Mine were just Q3 with no mods, but still I'm out and have to find another one before I can melee again. Using up ammo in the meantime.

I'm going to make a bunch of pipe bombs and start tossing them around a bit to see how they feel, but I won't be kicking ass until I get the contact grenades IMO. I bought the first rank of the sniper rifle perk so thats a bit better.
    Is the goal that all five builds should be pretty equal?

If thatís the case, it doesnít sound like INT is in line with the other builds if it isnít viable until three weeks in. At least thatís what Iím understanding from your post. Hopefully that can be balanced better because I really want to try out that build first.

Loc

Hard to say, I'm not even using int stuff tbh other than workstations. You have to be INT 6 to start perking into tasers and turrets so I'm focusing on perception and will add that stuff in later, around level 30 to 40, after I have perception tricked out. I can't spread myself too thin or my combat will suck bad, so I need to get perception jacked up and buy a lot of those perks first, then I'll do int for the later game to turret XP and all the electric doors and stuff.

I lost a couple spears already, we're going to have to add a glow shader or people will be crying a river. Mine were just Q3 with no mods, but still I'm out and have to find another one before I can melee again. Using up ammo in the meantime.

I'm going to make a bunch of pipe bombs and start tossing them around a bit to see how they feel, but I won't be kicking ass until I get the contact grenades IMO. I bought the first rank of the sniper rifle perk so thats a bit better.
    Or add a red feather to the back so they are easier to spot ... for immersion. 😜

My inner Negan approves!

Loc

Quote Originally Posted by Locusta View Post
    Is the goal that all five builds should be pretty equal?

If thatís the case, it doesnít sound like INT is in line with the other builds if it isnít viable until three weeks in. At least thatís what Iím understanding from your post. Hopefully that can be balanced better because I really want to try out that build first.

Loc
    Use whatever firearms you can until you get 6 ranks. You can use them right away, but the perk cost is high otherwise everyone will have a trusty sidekick junk turret. So this one you have to pay a lot to get started in. Guns are plenty decent without perks, quality adds damage and random stats are nice. So you don't need to perk guns to be successful, but it really pays off later game if you do.

So use what you have, and start investing into INT and by the time you are INT 6 or 7 you'll start finding better turrets and whatnot. The stun baton you can start perking into with low intellect right away, and junk turrets aren't horrible without perks, but they get pretty beast maxed out.

That animation feels very satisfying. Bravo to the creator. That stag got rekted!!!!

A18 hype is real!!!!
    Last edited by Laz Man; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:16 AM.

I honestly like Intelligence being not viable early, the average person will only need average things from it, but for those who invest get fairly powerful things. especially if you can't aim, just have game ai do it for you (junk turret). you can even place it at the entrance of a dungeon your crawling to watch your back while you clear it out, protecting you from roamer, and maybe an opposing player from sneaking up on you. So I like that you have to invest hard to get use out of it

Also super corn. does that exist yet or is that still even a thing

Use whatever firearms you can until you get 6 ranks. You can use them right away, but the perk cost is high otherwise everyone will have a trusty sidekick junk turret. So this one you have to pay a lot to get started in. Guns are plenty decent without perks, quality adds damage and random stats are nice. So you don't need to perk guns to be successful, but it really pays off later game if you do.

So use what you have, and start investing into INT and by the time you are INT 6 or 7 you'll start finding better turrets and whatnot. The stun baton you can start perking into with low intellect right away, and junk turrets aren't horrible without perks, but they get pretty beast maxed out.
    That clears it up a bit better. Is the max amount of turrets two?

Thanks Madmole!

Loc

Ranger

Is there anyway to code the spear so it returns to your inventory after a short period of time like 30 seconds or so?

Nice. It looks like the new hitbox system is much improved. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Broneigh View Post
    I honestly like Intelligence being not viable early, the average person will only need average things from it, but for those who invest get fairly powerful things. especially if you can't aim, just have game ai do it for you (junk turret). you can even place it at the entrance of a dungeon your crawling to watch your back while you clear it out, protecting you from roamer, and maybe an opposing player from sneaking up on you. So I like that you have to invest hard to get use out of it

Its in the game, but probably not good for much.

Quote Originally Posted by Locusta View Post
    That clears it up a bit better. Is the max amount of turrets two?

Thanks Madmole!

Loc
    I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Broneigh View Post

Just ran into a Carl's corn yesterday. In A17, it still is. I finally got leveled up high enough to craft seeds and utilize it. It's a bit of an "odd" thing and doesn't really serve much purpose yet, but it was really cool to run into. I don't know what the end vision is though.

Colony Founder
    Did you see any in my latest video
    Nooo. Good work.