0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 2 of 1099 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Are procedurally generated caves a consideration for a18? Asking for a friend!
    Last edited by Perlin_Worm; 03-04-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Scavenger
    Nice. Always wanted to be able to see whats going on around the base when i am underground

Tracker
    Are there any books for vehicles?

Any chance to see something of the blueprint-mechanism you showed before A16 was released (if I remember correctly)?

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    What I would like to see are new blocks for building such as a arch for an inner corner and additional clean looking textures so that a base also looks new and shiny.
    Exactly this!

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Inmyh3ad View Post
    Exactly this!
    I'd actually like to see more deco blocks to make the world and POI's richer overall. It's actually kind of a bummer building prefabs when you start to notice how much common day to day stuff just doesn't exist.

Yo Joel, think we'll see any heavy mining equipment like maybe an excavator or a backhoe or even just a drill attachment for the 4x4? I feel like the destructible environment isn't getting alot of praise recently.

Are we gona be able to mount that m60 on the Jeep 4x4 ? Or you guys going to suprise us with custom Ma Deuce on top of the roof ?

Zombie Hunter
    I already have a machine gun, looking forward to seeing the official version.

Ma Deuce for the 4x4.. oh yeah! Want!

Next on the firepower wishlist of course, the MiniGun. heh.
    (overpowered it would be, but also chew through bullets like crazy! Would need tracer rounds implemented though.)

Refugee
    Hey joel i was thinking about this last night while i was playing but we need 1 more skill that i think many would like including myself. And it would give another member of your group a needed job/skill to level up on their own. Think we need a tracking skill/perk. Have someone out there tracking and gather meat, leather etc from animals. maybe have the animals drop scat that only the tracker can see and lead him towards the animal or track footprints.

I love books...

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Talked about them, but in a game where you can break any block fairly easily, it just doesn't make much sense.
    MM, what about this: Sneak into the bank. Pick the lock on the vault door, sneak into the vault and pick the locks on all of the wall safes, then sneak out. (The trader could even give you a quest to do this, which fails if you wake up or kill any zombies.)

Or a stealth-focused POI full of irradiated zombies with an amazing treasure room at the end. If you can sneak past them all and pick your way into the vault, it's yours. Wake them up, and you're toast.

Enforcer: Intimidation Bartering with a magnum drawn gives you a 5% better deal LOL
    Cant wait keep up the great work, cant wait for optimizations

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Talked about them, but in a game where you can break any block fairly easily, it just doesn't make much sense.
    It would be beneficial to anyone that doesn't perk into strength, and it could leave doors and safes undamaged which would make it better in some situations than just breaking things. Like picking a fire escape door to gain entry, then closing it behind you for safety.

It's certainly "fluff" compared to more important things that are missing from the game, but I think it could be neat.

Tracker
    Alpha 18 confirmed for fall of 2021!