View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 2328 of 2719 FirstFirst ... 1328182822282278231823262327232823292330233823782428 ... LastLast
Results 34,906 to 34,920 of 40780

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricowan View Post
    I use a desktop microphone for team chat... I have an old USB mic by Logitech, but they're not making them any more so they're expensive now. Should be others out there though.
    Yeah if I used earbuds then the in game audio wouldn't be picked up on my desk mic I also use for skype.

Quote Originally Posted by Inmyh3ad View Post
    Yes. It was removed in A17

and next thing u gonna tell me we cant anymore harvest land mines with wrenches (-_-* )

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralathar44 View Post
    Paper is very consistent in loot and as trash on the floor. Also anytime you see a rolled cylinder that doesn't look metal you should try harvesting it. It'll either be wood, or it'll be a textured paper or carpet roll that can be harvested for paper. There are multiple places that have giant pillar sized rolls of material that can be harvested for significant amounts of paper. Like each block can be 100+ paper.

I always bash literally everything to make sure I know what I can potentially harvest from it :P. It's why I started pickaxing the fully stone and fully metal sinks as well as any faucet I see. Free iron pipes from the sinks and free iron/brass from faucets after you scap them. Showerheads too to scrap into iron. The toliet factory as part of the 3 building dungeon crawl is one of my favorite POIs because I always get a good amount of brass/iron from it along with cement/cobblestones from another building scooping the bags with a shovel.

You won't get enough paper for a shotgun turret base defense by looting this way. Of course, I'm talking about mid/late hordes. In A16, for example, I needed 3 ~ 3.5K shotgun shells, so imagine getting the necessary paper: you won't do anything, but looking for paper everywhere. Yes, I could craft it from bones, but I'm saving it for duct tape.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Wow, interesting. Thanks for that!
    Hey, I got you man. Now gimme that rep. (That was some next level Sherlock ♥♥♥♥)
    Last edited by Crater Creator; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:13 AM. Reason: language filter

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    It is fixed and will be in the next release.

For now you can type this in the console (F1 key):

gfx st budget 2500
    Thanks Faatal, it is already solved, @ZombieSurvivor helped me solve it, I had a problem with the anisotropic filter of nvidia, it was running at x2 and I put it manually at x16 and it worked correctly, in the same way I thank you for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
    the Uruguayans are good players, those who passed through my glorious Olimpia, were American champions and the matchless Cubilla gave us the liberating cup and nations cups so many times that we love him so much

Spoiler: 
    los Uruguayos son buenos jugadores, los que pasaron por mi glorioso Olimpia, fueron capeones de America y el inigualable Cubilla nos dio la copa libertadores y copas naciones tantas veces que lo amamos tanto (en ingles suena raro, entonces va en español aqui)
    Thanks! Cubilla's debut was in Peñarol (my team) I didn't saw him play though...I'm too young lol

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    It was made some years ago before mods were on the roadmap or the framework to saw barrels off even existed. Unity didn't have texture streaming so we couldn't add it. We slapped it in there for now, but could redo it to support long barrel.

I disagree its crap, I can one shot about anyone with 2 taps to the face with my crappy q2 one.
    I must agree. Usually, I'm very picky with guns in this game, but I confess that the shotty was surprisingly effective, even at low level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralathar44 View Post
    I really wish I had recorded the previous horde defense, I was in my bunker with everything out of ammo, my iron bars broken, and my last block between me and the zombies at 10% hp. Full brown pants mode. I nommed a fort bites, meleed, and dipped out a couple times to heal. Killed the last 50 or so zombies melee only protecting that block by tanking controlled amounts of hits.

But I do have my Day 34 defense. After the brown alert of the last horde night I went into full on farm/prep mode for the next one an I think I overprepared lol. It was a massacre.. I also did adapt what another forum poster was saying and used 4 junk turrets. That way while I was reloading 2 the other two would be firing. Of course, this means I'm even more of a reload $*#&$ than ever and I barely had time to fire more than a few clips of AK ammo.

Nonetheless, the 2 auto turrets + 3 shotgun turrets + 2 blade traps + 2 electrical fences are what did 90% of the work. I think the Junk turrets were there mainly to make me feel like I was useful. "I'm helping!" lol. I could have potentially AFK'd this defense since the blade traps had taken hardly any damage and the electric fences were both still healthy once the night was finished....electrical turrets still had plenty of ammo too.

This is why I say you can overcome basically any challenge in this game via controlled pulls or farm. Controlled pulls for POIs and sheer amounts of farming power for horde nights. Farm + well built base > player skill lol. At least until demolishers come knocking on my door. I'm pretty scared they are gonna boom on me.
    At work so couldn't watch it all, but man that looked awesome. Great setup! 😅 engineering for the win!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trankitas View Post
    Thanks! Cubilla's debut was in Peñarol (my team) I didn't saw him play though...I'm too young lol
    Olimpia and Peñarol two great teams of America, the first final of the liberating cup, we lost it when Cubilla scores the winning goal, years later he gives us two other liberating cups, "El Negro Cubilla is great" I'm not very old but I read a lot and watch videos and news, it is in my plans to be a sports journalist.

(Español)

Olimpia y Peñarol dos grandes equipos de America, la primera final de la copa libertadores, la perdimos cuando Cubilla anota el gol del triunfo, años mas tarde el nos da otras dos copas libertadores, "El Negro Cubilla es grande" yo no soy muy viejo pero leo mucho y veo videos y noticias, esta en mis planes ser periodista deportivo.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Wow. The value difference surprises me because there is no actual “polishing of parts”. It’s a simple button click to scrap and a few seconds later your item is significantly more valuable AND stackable....

At least I can save more repair kits now. I was using them to polish up guns before selling them but there is no question now what the right choice should be. Always scrap guns.
    This apply to all tiers? I know the higher ones net more dukes but havent crunched the numbers yet.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Feathers need a buff (finding more of them in nests) and I don't even like using the bows.

Compared to guns and ammo it seems like an unnecessary nerf.
    On a 2 players game, we got over 350 x 9mm bullets by day 2 (we were mostly looting POIs). While finding almost no feathers around.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    This apply to all tiers? I know the higher ones net more dukes but havent crunched the numbers yet.
    No...I didn't think it through. Looks like only tier one is blatantly better to scrap instead of repairing and selling.

Maybe people will just think there was a DP after my name for that post....

Quote Originally Posted by Sevendaggerssix View Post
    1.6 gig update Funpimps? Really? Way to destroy someone's Available gaming time. Way to be inconsiderate to your a customer base where time is limited. Still waiting for a switch to turn off zombie digging and switch daylight and night time zombie behavior. You know 7 days to die not 7 nights to die.
    Your poor scheduling doesn't constitute an emergency for us. Sorry for the 37 second wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
    Thanks Faatal, it is already solved, @ZombieSurvivor helped me solve it, I had a problem with the anisotropic filter of nvidia, it was running at x2 and I put it manually at x16 and it worked correctly, in the same way I thank you for the help
    I would do what faatal recommended. He knows what the code is that governs this stuff, I do not. I would have told you to do the same thing faatal is telling you now on top of the AF fix but I forgot about this last night.

Edit: Damn AF 16x, highest I would have gone is 8x lol.

Originally Posted by faatal
    It is fixed and will be in the next release.

For now you can type this in the console (F1 key):

gfx st budget 2500
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevendaggerssix View Post
    1.6 gig update Funpimps? Really? Way to destroy someone's Available gaming time. Way to be inconsiderate to your a customer base where time is limited. Still waiting for a switch to turn off zombie digging and switch daylight and night time zombie behavior. You know 7 days to die not 7 nights to die.
    LOLS 1.6g should take what, 10 minutes? at most???? dude you need to get off or dial up or maybe alot more than 15 minutes of game playing time