View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 2395 of 2726 FirstFirst ... 1395189522952345238523932394239523962397240524452495 ... LastLast
Results 35,911 to 35,925 of 40890

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    Day 49, 90 minute days, Nomad difficulty, 24 max alive. The difference between this horde and the previous one was as drastic a difference as between night and day. The floor was submerged in a sea of glowing, irradiated green, pounding its way into the concrete walls of my compound. There were cops aplenty, and puking vultures too, and from just five minutes in, I knew I was going to get my teeth kicked in. "I'll just do some exploration and questing after this horde", I had said before. But there will be no time for celebrations or relaxing road trips.

They breached my base fairly early on and caused some fairly serious havoc. Towards the middle of the massacre, several demolishers spawned, one after the other, forcing me to abandon ship on numerous occasions to face them in the battlefields beyond. I went through over 3,000 ammunition of various types (AP, HP, and regular), as well as almost a dozen contact grenades and 20 frag rockets.

When the night went quiet, my heart continued to pound. I am shaken, still recovering from this horrific onslaught. They tore my base a new one; double thick reinforced concrete walls were not enough to withstand their incredible might. But I prevailed. My almighty weapons - Sally, my T6 AK-47, Becky, my T6 M60, and Rocket, my T2 Rocket Launcher - held them back with overwhelming firepower. But at a terrible cost. For the next seven days, I will have to rebuild, repair, fortify, and upgrade. I sense I have only gotten a taste of things to come. The nightmare fuel has started, and I am in no way prepared for it. God speed anyone who has made it this far.
    Hah yeah it becomes a race against time at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    I still have 14,000 rounds left over. I'm more concerned about my base. :P

The video of the horde night will be uploaded soon.
    Cool, I'd like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Cool, I'd like to see.
    It's 56% uploaded; should be up within the next 3-40 minutes. When it's done, I'll upload the link here. No voice though; I didn't feel it was necessary. (Plus, I need to get a less mechanical keyboard.)

Refugee
    farming is rip.

Inventor
    Tech question that may have been answered already;

Seems like Unity doesn't like double inputs much. Being able to trigger a Door/Trap from two seperate things like Trigger Plates/Motion Sensors.

Any news if in the future that may become possible?

From what I hear, 2 successive triggers leading to a device like a door act like an OR instead of an AND - which goes against all logic but whatevs. =)

Cool, I'd like to see.
    Hey MM, I know this is nothing compared to the BMs have you have been doing but here is a link (pictures and video) to my humble day 14 BM. Had a blast and can't wait for more!

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...s-Day-14-Horde

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    From what I hear, 2 successive triggers leading to a device like a door act like an OR instead of an AND - which goes against all logic but whatevs. =)
    Ok, that makes a weird sense as I couldn't figure out why Capp00's vid on powered doors was actually working, heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W97DxYqLCAQ

Reconstructionist 4sheetzngeegles's Avatar
    Faatal

No, what i meant is that if the blood moon is associated
    with day 7 that's for a standard bloodmoonhorde. Then at
    12:01 midnight it becomes day 8. Depending on how well I dispense
    the horde, after midnight it will often slow and stop. This
    would then require the reset log on/off tactic to restart it.

I was asking if the bloodmoon can be set up as a subroutine,
    the only thing dependent on the date/time would be the activation
    of the Bloodmoon routine. Once it begins at 10pm what ever day
    it is set to start, a simple countdown timer could be set for
    6000 ticks, that is the amount of time in ticks from 10pm to 4am.
    1000 ticks per hour. This way during that time the Bloodmoon spawner
    would continue to produce spawns matching maxAlive for a continuous
    6 hours gametime.

Example: gamestage 69, has maxalive 23. As long as the countdown timer
    was greater than 0 the Bloodmoon spawner would keep a continuous stream
    of 23 TotalAlive. no matter how fast or slow they are neutralized. Then at 4am
    6000 ticks it would shut off the spawner.

This is similar to setting the biome spawner to .006. This makes it feel like a
    constant flood, but stays within the limitations of the engine and pc combo. It
    also matches gametime to real world time reactions when I play sweep and clear
    before entering POI's for scavenging.

I play 120 min days, so mathematically I reset the spawn timing, Below I set it
    to form aprogressive cascade, until it ends.

.006 = 43 seconds
    .02 = 144 seconds or 2 min 24 seconds game day minutes times seconds times decimal equals seconds to respawn.
    .05 = 360 seconds or 6 minutes

My logic areamasters/biome spawners cover 80 block meters. as long as you stay in that perimeter
    you are regulated to that spawn rule. If you just keep running about it will grow to the hard
    coded limit of 60 fluctuating above and below this point.

desert biome spawner
    <spawn respawndelay=".05" time="Any" TotalAlive="10" entitygroup="Dangerdesert" />
    <spawn respawndelay=".02" time="Any" TotalAlive="10" entitygroup="Dangerdesert" />
    <spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay=".006" time="Any" TotalAlive="10" entitygroup="Dangerdesert" />

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    Hey MM, I know this is nothing compared to the BMs have you have been doing but here is a link (pictures and video) to my humble day 14 BM. Had a blast and can't wait for more!

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...s-Day-14-Horde
    I am afraid to click that. Laughing at the way this is worded. Like if BM didnt actually stand for Blood Moon

Nice. I'm surprised a demolisher showed up so soon but a big group makes a difference, I see you have radiated too, I don't see those until about day 42 playing solo.
    I had a spitting vulture on day 3. Killed me dead! I thought that was a bit unfair for the first week.

Oh, and I haven't been reading much about faults, but I had just logged in and everything that could have an 'health' was down to 0 and needed repairs. Definitely not how I left it. Not sure about re-creating it. It was about day 3 as well and I had a fire going boiling water at the time, it was night and I was stuck on a bridge with 2 vultures circling and 1 zombie camping out, waiting for me to come down.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying it! Until I get to making my farm, anyway. Great job for everything else, guys!

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHorde View Post
    I had a spitting vulture on day 3. Killed me dead! I thought that was a bit unfair for the first week.

Oh, and I haven't been reading much about faults, but I had just logged in and everything that could have an 'health' was down to 0 and needed repairs. Definitely not how I left it. Not sure about re-creating it. It was about day 3 as well and I had a fire going boiling water at the time, it was night and I was stuck on a bridge with 2 vultures circling and 1 zombie camping out, waiting for me to come down.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying it! Until I get to making my farm, anyway. Great job for everything else, guys!
    That was because of the last update. Personally I would just start a new save, I suspect there is a couple other bugs you could get too. (like screamers) because they adjusted stuff with the heat map too.

The zombies will look night and day better once redone. Like the terrain of 18 compared to alpha 1. The hair looking grey might be something in the post process stack, we haven't touched zombies art at all.
    Ok thanks for the reply! Yeah maybe it's just something with the graphics rendering. Haven't seen it reported by anyone else.. So maybe I'm just going blind.. or senile.. Or both

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    I find myself putting a point into the forge every game.... and I hate myself for it. It takes to look long to find the schematic for something I could get so early with 1 point. I have no good solution though, thoughts?
    You really wanna know my thoughts?

Inventor
    I thought geologists went sedimentary...

Quote Originally Posted by Hek Harris View Post
    Set the reflection to zero, they will rejuvenate.
    Okay thanks for the tip!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FileMachete View Post
    I thought geologists went sedimentary...
    Nah I've been going through some metamorphosis lately... hehe..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Star69 View Post
    DaVega, someone on our server was asking the same thing. No one else playing was seeing that so we assumed it was some combo of video settings he had. I can ask next time I see him if he's still seeing that and what his settings are. He also said it has only happened on this version.
    Thanks man! I'll be trying the solution someone offered of turning the reflection off when I get home.. Even though I rather play with reflections and grey-haired zombies, than with no reflections at all!