View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

    0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 2396 of 2718 FirstFirst ... 1396189622962346238623942395239623972398240624462496 ... LastLast
Results 35,926 to 35,940 of 40761

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

  1. #35926
    Inventor ZombieHorde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    774
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard69 View Post
    That was because of the last update. Personally I would just start a new save, I suspect there is a couple other bugs you could get too. (like screamers) because they adjusted stuff with the heat map too.
    They've already pushed another experimental update, have they? I miss that one.

  2. #35927
    Beloved Curmudgeon DaVegaNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    2,583
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SxR View Post
    I KNEW you would..
    I'm very predictable

  3. #35928
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHorde View Post
    They've already pushed another experimental update, have they? I miss that one.
    b152, it was a couple days ago tho.

  4. #35929
    Colony Founder MechanicalLens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Afterdeath
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Power
    1
    @MADMOLE My day 49 video has just been uploaded here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECSw0stFPAM
    Again, no voice audio
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:32 AM.

  5. #35930
    Beloved Curmudgeon DaVegaNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    2,583
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    With an extensive meat grinder like that its understandable.
    That's what my wife told me..

  6. #35931
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    You weren't curious in the slightest to see if your purple item was actually a piece of crap? I thought I had a good ak47 that did 60 damage, later I found out there are much better ones. Didn't you want all purple items? Finding one purple isn't the end IMO, you want the best mods for it, and a better purple, and of course purple armor, tools, etc.
    Curious yes, but i like going to loot and try to find new and maybe even little better weapons or tool.

    Played for hours and hours on diablo 1-2 or the various borderlands and various other similar games, to search the item for the build i wanted and to make it better.

    But i was talking more in general for all players, so all can have something to do.

    And i think an upgrade system can be a good add even for player like loot, for example you can after X time get the max stats of a purple weapon.

    With an upgrade system all the not good purple weapons you get looting, can be scrapped in parts and this parts can be used to upgrade the max stats weapons more over the limit to another(endless upgrade can be interesting for an eternal search of loot and crafting, but this need even zombies endless more powerful).

    You give another chance to use both looting and crafting even after find the max stats purple weapon for this single weapon.

    And after you find more weapons max stats or armor and tools max stats you can do even for them, continuing to looting for more parts and materials and crafting more for upgrading.

    I think an upgrade system isn't something used for changing the actual system, but can be a future addition, to expand the actual possibilities.


    Probably is too soon to talk of thing like endgame, balance this thing can be hard and specially time consuming so isn't a thing needed now, but i think can be interesting for expand the "endgame".

    Another interesting way to expand the "endgame", can be a tool of borderlands presequel, where you can use weapons you not need with a tool called Grinder to destroy them to create something else, can be a good way to unite looting and crafting, something similar can be done with the Parts system, but this i'm not sure if can work.

  7. #35932
    Leader Laz Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    @MADMOLE My day 49 video has just been uploaded here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECSw0stFPAM
    Again, no voice audio
    Awesome horde night, great job managing the demolishers. FYI, you logged off before 4am, make sure to fast forward the time when you come back in otherwise your going to have the spring break party back at your house... again lol....

  8. #35933
    Colony Founder MechanicalLens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Afterdeath
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    Awesome horde night, great job managing the demolishers. FYI, you logged off before 4am, make sure to fast forward the time when you come back in otherwise your going to have the spring break party back at your house... again lol....
    Thank you, I had to be very sure not to set them off!

    I was really surprised because the previous horde night mostly had cops, regulars, and ferals; only a few dozen irradiateds showed up, most of them spiders, Darlenes, Arlenes, etc..

    I didn't log off, don't you worry. I had to press escape to turn off the recording software.

    After the horde, I spent the entire day laying on the "roof" of the outside perimeter walls, upgraded most of the inside walls to steel, and have blocked off the doorways off the outside walls with vault doors, fully upgraded. Now I need to get 7,000 steel and over 40,000 concrete mix within two weeks.
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:56 AM.

  9. #35934
    Leader Laz Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    Thank you, I had to be very sure not to set them off!

    I was really surprised because the previous horde night mostly had cops, regulars, and ferals; only a few dozen irradiateds showed up, most of them spiders, Darlenes, Arlenes, etc..

    I didn't log off, don't you worry. I had to press escape to turn off the recording software.

    After the horde, I spent the entire day laying on the "roof" of the outside perimeter walls, upgraded most of the inside walls to steel, and have blocked off the doorways off the outside walls with vault doors, fully upgraded. Now I need to get 7,000 steel and over 40,000 concrete mix within two weeks.
    My hat off to you sir for creating and defending that citadel solo. That was some straight up Rambo action. I know you said it felt overwhelming but hope it was also a ton of fun for you to come out on top at the end.

    Kudos on the well placed explosives. I kept waiting for a mistake to happen but you were on point every step of the way. It was glorious. 😎

    I would of been fist pumping at the end...lol

  10. #35935
    Colony Founder MechanicalLens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Afterdeath
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    My hat off to you sir for creating and defending that citadel solo. That was some straight up Rambo action. I know you said it felt overwhelming but hope it was also a ton of fun for you to come out on top at the end.

    Kudos on the well placed explosives. I kept waiting for a mistake to happen but you were on point every step of the way. It was glorious. ��

    I would of been fist pumping at the end...lol
    The game can't kill me. It can't kill me.

    (I'm willing to forget that incident with the boar on day 1.)

    And yes, I had a blast!
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:11 AM.

  11. #35936
    Colony Founder Tetrameth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    C҉͖͍̗͕̰ḩ͙͈a̞͉̮͍̰̮ͅ
    Posts
    1,075
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    I would love it if you all would add a bird watcher perk.

    The first level would allow you to find nest.
    Stop looking in the tree's, they are on the ground

  12. #35937
    Colony Founder Tetrameth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    C҉͖͍̗͕̰ḩ͙͈a̞͉̮͍̰̮ͅ
    Posts
    1,075
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I'd like a headshot only kill option at some point. Body shots could slow them down, legs arms could be maimed, but only head shots would kill them.
    I'd love an option where we could kick the zeds in the chest to knock them over between striking them with a weapon. It'd make fighting groups so much more dynamic.

  13. #35938
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,717
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrameth View Post
    Stop looking in the tree's, they are on the ground
    Hey! I thought I was Captain obvious.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    The game can't kill me. It can't kill me.

    (I'm willing to forget that incident with the boar on day 1.)

    And yes, I had a blast!
    Why? did you get boared with the game?

  14. #35939
    Survivor RotaryPSi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0
    I think it would be a cool option if we could put zombie run speed on random during the day. So you never know if one will walk or go full sprint towards you

  15. #35940
    Inventor Jay_ombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    UK - Birmingham
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RotaryPSi View Post
    I think it would be a cool option if we could put zombie run speed on random during the day. So you never know if one will walk or go full sprint towards you

    Oh yes ... random option would be cool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •