0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 982 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 482882932972980981982983984992103210821482 ... LastLast
Results 14,716 to 14,730 of 22659

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Come watch us stream A18, I'll be there on discord.

https://twitter.com/joelhuenink/stat...24147989823488

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I checked my character. I have about 2 books in each group on average. I'm not changing it because my agility guy found loads. I got a bad roll and the POIs I've been to are not book bearing POIs.. One game I wanted to nerf it, this one I wanted to boost it. That means its perfect.

Like my other game had this one mansion, that had at least 6 book cases in it. I cleared it out, then went outside and started the quest, resetting the POI and double dipped. Trader sent me to the same place... so muahahaahah 24 book cases to loot.

Wouldn't that be an exploit?

Zombie Hunter
    Yes, but you know it's going to stick around for a while if even the developers of the game utilize it.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Blue View Post
    So I finally built a gyrocopter. And decided to try something. It took over one hundred attempts, but I kind of finally got it.

Finally landed my gyrocopter on the supply plane. But couldn't do anything.

This is 200% absolute immersion killing aspect for ALL players. (Except console). TFP needs to get this fixed right now. Divert all resources. Before A18 is released.

Or is it becasue this is the secret ending?
    Do whaaat? I got to see a video on that!

We're talking about small zombies, little 1 meter egress guys. Imagine something like those kid spiders from the strain. Creepy enough you wouldn't feel any remorse shooting it, small enough to cause some scare factor hearing little footsteps creeping around, you couldn't even see it behind a kitchen counter.
    If this ever happens I will uninstall!!
    You're a horrible person if you want to kill something that looks like a child!

Colony Founder
    Yes Augers and chainsaws are considered top tier and should be balanced as such. I have a green auger and can get 3500 rocks with 2 lode and 3 miner (I think) in maybe 2 game hours. I have a steel pick that is pretty nice, but I only use it when my gas supply is low.
    Guess that's why they call you Madmole! lol

LOL of course. The idea is something small and terrifying. Could be a mudcrab from half life. I don't know. Cat zombies? But as a cat lover I can't go there lol. I guess I love dogs too but resident evil made them evil enough I don't mind killing zombie dogs. Something small and creepy. Maybe a torso that grew some spider legs or something like the thing. Doesn't have to be kid, but there really I see no problem with something strain ish. We want them popping out of the painting holes and heat ducts.
    Okay okay, easy there big bear, if you make them pop out (out of anything) I will literally poop my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Moles. Seriously. You need something that can double as a sleeper zombie for underground.

-Morloc

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    DnD caps it after a certain point. Can't go wrong with gygax.
    Gary Gygax! The Franklin Dixon of fantasy.

Survivor
    Come watch us stream A18, I'll be there on discord.

https://twitter.com/joelhuenink/stat...24147989823488
    Please have Discord audio on the stream so we can hear everyone at the same time. Last time I had to stick to a single stream and watch the rest later to hear any additional info that was only revealed on those streams.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    Some people are never satisfied...geez
    Do you understand the skills it takes to cup your hands....this is an inclusive game.....everyones a winner
    Yeah, your right people are never satisfied. Like some people want firefighters and stuff like that in the game, even make there avatars look as such! Geez!

Hey wait! 00

Zombie Hunter
    I've only recently noticed that there are no cosmetic gloves in the game (as in, ones that only provide heat/cold resist), only gloves that count as armor (and plant fiber gloves)... O.o :P

Colony Founder
    After hearing your use case, you should have screamers in your loot boxes, screamers in your air drops, and screamers randomly crafted out of your backpack lol. 12 forges is overkill. Granted you don't have forge mods or perks like I do, I get by fine with 2 forges, but pre a18 I'd never need more than 3 or 4. You can get auto turrets to destroy the screamers, and I've been known to have off site forging facilities. Like you might as well put one in your mine and crank it up when you leave, its so far away the chunk wont load and zeds will never attack it. You come back to mine, you grab your 4000 forged iron on the way out and restock the forge.

Glad to see you guys worked out that (chunk not loading and therefore no work being done) problem.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I second using a zombie version of the rabbit. Too bad none of the traders are named....Tim.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgj3nZWtOfA

- - - Updated - - -

LOL of course. The idea is something small and terrifying. Could be a mudcrab from half life. I don't know. Cat zombies? But as a cat lover I can't go there lol. I guess I love dogs too but resident evil made them evil enough I don't mind killing zombie dogs. Something small and creepy. Maybe a torso that grew some spider legs or something like the thing. Doesn't have to be kid, but there really I see no problem with something strain ish. We want them popping out of the painting holes and heat ducts.
    I could see that in a late stage game. That would put a new fear in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    Maybe it would fool some people. I don't know.
    This is on par with charging $199 for some product because it is believed that people won't see this as two hundred dollars. Seen this my whole life and cannot believe that enough people are still fooled by this that they continue this nonsense everywhere you go.
    I hate that trick and it does not work on me since I round up and when I tell someone what it costs, they get the rounded up version.