Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Alpha 18 Dev Clean thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmers View Post
    It would be beneficial to anyone that doesn't perk into strength, and it could leave doors and safes undamaged which would make it better in some situations than just breaking things. Like picking a fire escape door to gain entry, then closing it behind you for safety.

It's certainly "fluff" compared to more important things that are missing from the game, but I think it could be neat.
    Which is why you can craft C4 now As I said lockpicking has too many issues and doesn't fit our game. I might make some acid based chemistry bomb if we get c4 working right so you can silently melt blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by art1336 View Post
    Alpha 18 confirmed for fall of 2021!
    Funny. No it will come real soon, just don't complain about how small it is.

Quote Originally Posted by danielspoa View Post
    @mm is the RWG part of the A17 fixes or still in the open if it will come with A18 instead?

edit: and just wanted to say I really liked what I read of prioritizing optimization and bug fixes.
    Depends on timing, if RWG takes too long it will just go right into A18, if it goes well it goes into A17.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirion View Post
    also re:lock picking

Some traders have a safe that you can not open because you can not damage anything in a trader zone, but lockpicking could be a viable option instead.
    And those are not intended to be looted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Nerd View Post
    Any chance of showing off those models for them just as a tease?
    Probably, I only have 10 minutes in between testing while unity sloads to post stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor1503 View Post
    Now that we have multiple vehicles I would like to see a vehicle mining mod or mining vehicle that would be late game for our mega builds. Also, I agree with previous that I will celebrate additional blocks and painting skins (think 30 was to label a supply box, 20 carpets, 40 wall paint colors, new skins instead of broken down skins only, etc)) in A18.

Thanks. Love playing.
    I don't see them as having the maneuverability needed to traverse a mine. Power armor anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Genetics are a bitch. Sorry to hear that.
    LOL good one. Poor a18. But as we all know A17 was so big a lot of people couldn't swallow it.

Justin and Robert are working together to make the most visually compelling RWG we've ever had. We're now using a node editor to quickly visualize the terrain. Each biome can have its own look too.

Last edited by Roland; 03-04-2019 at 09:15 PM.

New random gen river test. Check out the natural erosion on the river banks!

Last edited by Roland; 03-04-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Last edited by Roland; 03-04-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Last edited by Roland; 03-04-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Most of the programmers are working hard on optimization and performance but the art team is moving on to A18. Here is a sweet commercial coffee maker!

Last edited by Roland; 03-04-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurgatoryWolf View Post
    Joel, would it be possible to change campfires and forges so that people can use your station, but can't steal your tools?
    Seems like its your job to police your friends not ours. Either don't let them in your base, or lock your doors, but adding control like that seems like too much hand holding and takes away from interesting dynamics in a social game.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaSyt View Post
    So probably no chance of bandits on this one?

I do like the new guns you're adding. All it needs now is a flame thrower and maybe a grenade launcher.
    The plan is no bandits until Gold or some very close to gold final beta or something like that, so that gold has a nice impact.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Mcgregor has no chance vs khabib.
    I missed his post, and yes, before they even fought the first time I knew Bragger had no chance against Khabib. He even executed his defense perfectly but it wasn't enough to stop Khabib from imposing his will on him. Bragger had a free ride to the top and was always overrated as hell. He avoided wrestlers and jitsu guys like the plague for good reason, Nate Diaz broke him and submitted him exposing him further (Joe Duffy submitted him back in the day, I knew all along he was a paper champion). He's an expert at getting under people's skin and hits hard, but guys like Khabib grew up fighting on the streets at 3 years old nothing you can say to a Russian will change his fighting in a negative way.

But yes, Bragger has no chance of beating Khabib in a rematch and secondly, doesn't deserve a rematch. He's never beat a top guy at 155, Alvarez had a free ride to the top as well, he sucks so bad they fired him. Porier is a joke too. He has no wrestling or jitsu. The UFC isn't boxing. If you don't have all the tools and a chin from hell and genetics you won't ever be a champion, or won't be for very long.