Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Native Linux server (with management scripts)

AudioManager: Using Unknown: NoSound Driver
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/libnoise.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/libnoise.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/SteamworksManaged.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/SteamworksManaged.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/NSpeex.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/NSpeex.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.045 seconds
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/System.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/UnityScript.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
    The file '/home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDie_Data/mainData' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
    [Position out of bounds! 931644 > 931640]

(Filename: Line: 273)

The class named 'Localization' is abstract. The script class can't be abstract!

(Filename: Line: 1633)

0.000 Version: Alpha 9.0 (b33) Compatibility Version: Alpha 9.0, OS: Windows 32 Bit

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

0.008 Last played version: Alpha 9.0
    part of the output log did force update and new instance

Refugee
    What a day for an update to come out.

I just got the power supply and cooler I needed for my spare parts to get my testing server moved over to new hardware. So I was all excited to see how it performs. I had an intel 6 core 980x gulftown system that was just missing a few things and now it's all loaded up and running.

I'm so eager to see how it performs.

Sorry, looks like I committed the wrong DLL ... should be ok now.

@Koolio: Those "errors" on corrupted files seem to be quite "normal". Had them often before and never had any problems

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Alloc View Post
    Sorry, looks like I committed the wrong DLL ... should be ok now.
    Up and running, thanks! <3

yup working now

What app id do I use to install the dedicate version of the game?

Refugee
    Danke Alloc für dieses tolle Server-Tool. Benutze es zwar erst seid 9.0 doch läuft es prima und auch die erklärungen in deinem Wiki sind gut.
    Aprobs 9.1 läuft mit den REV. 127 .dll Datein auch wieder.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan5 View Post
    What app id do I use to install the dedicate version of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Aringarosa View Post
    Danke Alloc für dieses tolle Server-Tool. Benutze es zwar erst seid 9.0 doch läuft es prima und auch die erklärungen in deinem Wiki sind gut.
    Freut mich immer das zu hören

Refugee
    Hi!

I have the Linux server running on a machine at home, and it's working fine. I did however try to get this up and running on a Google Compute Engine, but my client gets stuck at "Waiting for server...". I've opened UDP ports 25000-25003 and in the 27xxx range. I can see it in the server list. I had this problem with the Alpha 8.8 too, when I last tried it a couple of weeks ago, so it's not something specific to Alpha 9.1.
    In the server logs I can see that I can connect at least, because it says "GMSG: jomomomo joined the game". When running "7dtd.sh status MyInstance" it says "0 players" however.

I've tried the "Disable NAT" setting as both true and false. I guess it's some network setting I've missed, or something Google is blocking, but I really don't know what to try next.

Any ideas?

Nope, nothing out of my head ... Maybe logs could help though.

Refugee
    So I've been trying to restart my instance periodically using systemd timers in arch linux. I'm kind of at a loss as to what I'm overlooking though.

I put a restart script in /usr/local/lib/7dtd/ called restart<instancename>.sh which consists of the following.

#!/bin/bash

. /usr/local/lib/7dtd/common.sh

telnetCommand <instancename> "say Server will restart in 5 minutes"
    sleep 60
    telnetCommand <instancename> "say Server will restart in 4 minutes"
    sleep 60
    telnetCommand <instancename> "say Server will restart in 3 minutes"
    sleep 60
    telnetCommand <instancename> "say Server will restart in 2 minutes"
    sleep 60
    telnetCommand <instancename> "say Server will restart in 1 minutes"
    sleep 60
    telnetCommand <instancename> "say Server going down for restart now!"
    sleep 10
    /usr/local/bin/7dtd.sh kill <instancename>
    sleep 20
    /usr/local/bin/7dtd.sh start <instancename>

If I run this script from bash it works fine, however, when I invoke it with systemd.timers it all runs, but the server simply doesn't start back up, even though it reports success in the systemd unit.

this is the unit itself which ive been invoking on a timer.

[Unit]
    Description=Restart game server.

[Service]
    Type=oneshot
    ExecStart=/usr/local/lib/7dtd/restart<instancename>.sh

It runs, the server shuts down, it reports success and shows successful output in the status log for the unit, but the server just isn't running after. Yet if I run the script myself from bash it works perfectly.

I'm not an expert with systemd but any idea what it is I'm missing?
    Last edited by FeistyLemur; 08-26-2014 at 01:43 AM.

Haven't worked with systemd myself either. But for generic debugging purposes: Did you check if there were new logs after that unit was run? E.g. stdout.log updated, output_log.txt updated? If so what's the content?

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Alloc View Post
    Haven't worked with systemd myself either. But for generic debugging purposes: Did you check if there were new logs after that unit was run? E.g. stdout.log updated, output_log.txt updated? If so what's the content?
    There are output logs at the time and they have a ton of errors about being unable to load the libraries from /home/sdtd/engine/

Presumably thats where the server fails to come back up? The script thinks the job is done and reports done! to systemd, I've even managed to get the instance to appear to be running I can even see my server on the browser but it fails to connect and then I go back to the terminal and check and now it's not running.

A bunch of these errors...

2014.08.25 18:33:45: Fallback handler could not load library /home/sdtd/engine/7 DaysToDie_Data/Mono/x86/SteamworksNative
    2014.08.25 18:33:45: Fallback handler could not load library /home/sdtd/engine/7 DaysToDie_Data/Mono/x86/SteamworksNative

I'm pretty sure that was one of the start attempts I was making with the timer unit. I'll have to try again this evening to be sure I'm looking at the right log though, as there are quite a few of them in the folder.

I'm guessing it's some kind of issue with user and permission maybe? I tried adding user=root to the unit that starts the script but that was no help.

I did write a proper systemd start unit that works very well to start and stop an instance last night, so at least that much is working good now. I guess I'll play around with that more tonight if I can.

Those "Fallback handler" errors are normal and can be ignored. It must be something else

Scavenger
    Alloc,
    I found that if I issued: buff blah
    the server spits back (repeatedly and unending), "Exception: Buff named 'blah' does not exist!'

Reconnected to telnet and the server is still spewing the error. I couldn't issue a shutdown so I had to kill the process.

Great package, by the way

MobiuS