Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Weapon Attachments

  1. #16
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    8,673
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    Is there a reason the folding stock doesn't work with the SMG?


    If you look at it you can see the retractable stock.
    Last edited by Roland; 03-15-2019 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Quoted who Gazz responded to

  2. #17
    Reconstructionist A Nice Cup of Tea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    1
    Is there any chance that these things can be consistently called Attachments in the in-game text, so we're not using the word Mod for two different things?

  3. #18
    Arch Necromancer Morloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Spread'n your ankles...
    Posts
    1,355
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by A Nice Cup of Tea View Post
    Is there any chance that these things can be consistently called Attachments in the in-game text, so we're not using the word Mod for two different things?
    I'm partial to "Customizations", but otherwise a big +1 to this idea.


    -Morloc

  4. #19
    Zombie Hunter Jacoviz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    464
    Rep Power
    0
    An armor/weapon/veichle icon in the item description won't be bad..

  5. #20
    Nomad AlyssaFaden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    If you look at it you can see the retractable stock.
    You've not taken any classes in user experience design, have you? There are certain little things TFP could do to make the game experience smoother, easier to understand, and less "figuring things out." Your responses seem to suggest that TFP are firmly in the camp of "figure our game out through trial and error and squinting at icons" vs "let's make the interface so smooth and easy to use, so obvious, that it's not a distraction to the game itself."

    I work with one of the best UX designers on the planet imho, so I tend to fall into the second camp. But it never ceases to amaze me how TFP could, easily, just do little tweaks and noodles, but don't want to ... because it's not "math enough" or something. Like a cleaner, easier, UX isn't man-enough or is a sign of weakness.

  6. #21
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    8,673
    Rep Power
    2
    No, I wasn't talking about the icon. The model of the weapon has a retracting stock.

  7. #22
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    14,754
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaFaden View Post
    You've not taken any classes in user experience design, have you? There are certain little things TFP could do to make the game experience smoother, easier to understand, and less "figuring things out." Your responses seem to suggest that TFP are firmly in the camp of "figure our game out through trial and error and squinting at icons" vs "let's make the interface so smooth and easy to use, so obvious, that it's not a distraction to the game itself."

    I work with one of the best UX designers on the planet imho, so I tend to fall into the second camp. But it never ceases to amaze me how TFP could, easily, just do little tweaks and noodles, but don't want to ... because it's not "math enough" or something. Like a cleaner, easier, UX isn't man-enough or is a sign of weakness.
    That has GOT to be the ONLY possible explanation. Dang! GG TFP.

  8. #23
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    No, I wasn't talking about the icon. The model of the weapon has a retracting stock.
    Purposely ignoring a very fair point. SMH.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    That has GOT to be the ONLY possible explanation. Dang! GG TFP.
    She's assuming because of the responses she's receiving. When people make good, fair suggestions and have them ignored because "look at the model, duh"...what other course is left?

  9. #24
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    14,754
    Rep Power
    2
    Gazz was saying the gun already has a retracting stock which is why it won’t take the folding stock which is the direct answer to the question that was asked. I don’t think his answer was that ambiguous and it had nothing to do with whether they will eventually get everything all tool tipped up and well documented in the future.

    Shaking my own head more vigorously than you...
    Last edited by Roland; 03-15-2019 at 08:17 PM.

  10. #25
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    1
    Considering there are still many attachments that are not even active yet I assumed this was just the downside of playing when the game is not released and (more importantly really) this particular feature is woefully incomplete. They just have not finished it yet.


    I imagine that at some point the descriptions will be more complete and give us more of an idea what we are dealing with as well as refinements in what attachments can be used in conjunction with each other.


    As far as the SMG goes - I think it is rather odd to think that a gamer will look at the model of the smg and glean anything out of it at all. A stock should be able to be applied to any weapon that reasonably has a stock. Making a weapon that already has it on but no real indication that is the case (as well as reducing our utility with the attachments we find) just does not make sense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaFaden View Post
    You've not taken any classes in user experience design, have you? There are certain little things TFP could do to make the game experience smoother, easier to understand, and less "figuring things out." Your responses seem to suggest that TFP are firmly in the camp of "figure our game out through trial and error and squinting at icons" vs "let's make the interface so smooth and easy to use, so obvious, that it's not a distraction to the game itself."

    I work with one of the best UX designers on the planet imho, so I tend to fall into the second camp. But it never ceases to amaze me how TFP could, easily, just do little tweaks and noodles, but don't want to ... because it's not "math enough" or something. Like a cleaner, easier, UX isn't man-enough or is a sign of weakness.
    You know, I actually agree with your point in general. It is a poor answer as to why the stock does not apply to the smg.

    However, why do you expect anything other than an outright rejection of your point when you start with:
    "You've not taken any classes in user experience design, have you?"

    That is rather insulting tbh and, if I were the target of the statement, I would not give you the time of day either....

  11. #26
    Tracker General Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    1
    I would think that the SMG, as well as the shotgun, would also be compatible with a folding stock. After all, there are folding stocks for many SMGs, PDWs, and shotguns in real life. I think both the SMG and the shotgun would benefit from it. Would also love an automatic shotgun of some sort in the game, either semi-auto or something along the lines of an AA12. A drum-fed, fully automatic shotgun would be fun as hell, lol.

    I mean, who wouldn't love to be Terry Crews in this scene?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TWpil1VJ8I

  12. #27
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    0
    what if each mod slot on a weapon or armor was labeled like sights or grip or muzzle and so on, then mods that go to those slots could have a little icon. and instead of finding say a smg with 1 mod slot you find a smg with 1 muzzle slot or 1 sight slot or if its 2 slots maybe a muzzle slot and a grip slot, could be random. and it would keep people from not knowing if 2 mods are the same and cant go on the weapon together.

    plus maybe we can get mods that are specific weapons, lazer sight for smg or lazer sight for ak. instead of just lazer sight fits everything.
    Last edited by Drunkwolf; 03-15-2019 at 04:47 PM.

  13. #28
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0
    The mods can be a bit confusing. Carrying on with the SMG stock conversation, we can mod the shotgun barrel. So, I don't think it's a huge leap to assume that the stock that comes with the SMG can't be upgraded/changed by the mod and be a bit confused when we can't.

  14. #29
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    8,673
    Rep Power
    2
    Of course you could rip out the retracting stock and mount a folding stock but you would end up with a worse weapon. Who would want to do that?

    A folding stock can be a mobility improvement for a weapon with a fixed stock like the basic AK47.

  15. #30
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkwolf View Post
    what if each mod slot on a weapon or armor was labeled like sights or grip or muzzle and so on, then mods that go to those slots could have a little icon. and instead of finding say a smg with 1 mod slot you find a smg with 1 muzzle slot or 1 sight slot or if its 2 slots maybe a muzzle slot and a grip slot, could be random. and it would keep people from not knowing if 2 mods are the same and cant go on the weapon together.

    plus maybe we can get mods that are specific weapons, lazer sight for smg or lazer sight for ak. instead of just lazer sight fits everything.
    no. we all ready have to find the blueprint for the item as it is

    learning what mods go together will be trial and error for now. Its early access. Later on your can use a wiki or maybe some sort of in game symbol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •