Thread: So far this happened twice now, my BASE in a POI has 50% reset

Survivor

So far this happened twice now, my BASE in a POI has 50% reset

This happened twice, and i heard of another issue on console of POI's resetting on day 50? Due to torches and lights?

Regardless, I have had to restore my dedicated server twice now to get my base back. But it was only HALF of the POI, so I still had base blocks and then half of it was original POI blocks.

Anyone else experience this issue as of A17 for PC?

Thanks

Yep my group has had it happen twice now. Once on 17.1 where about 25% of the base area suddenly reset back to original like nothing was ever there, and just a few days ago on 17.2 B27 where our garden pagoda lost the entire east side from ground to sky was reset. Amazingly in neither reset did things collapse.

I do remember seeing a bug report on this in the 17.1 thread but nothing in the 17.2 thread yet so it might still be getting looked into. I'd submit a report but I can't get the logs off the server.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarzthor View Post
    Yep my group has had it happen twice now. Once on 17.1 where about 25% of the base area suddenly reset back to original like nothing was ever there, and just a few days ago on 17.2 B27 where our garden pagoda lost the entire east side from ground to sky was reset. Amazingly in neither reset did things collapse.

I do remember seeing a bug report on this in the 17.1 thread but nothing in the 17.2 thread yet so it might still be getting looked into. I'd submit a report but I can't get the logs off the server.
    I think the work around is for me to rebuild a new base and not use a POI cruch.. ugh..

Refugee
    It happened to me once, I posted a thread in the PC Bug Reports section a few days ago:
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...ed-chunk-reset

MPx posted a video where a non-POI base was partially deleted because of this, so it doesn't seem to be POI-specific...maybe in issue with saving player-added blocks?

This sounds like a pretty serious bug for the type of game this is, especally if its effecting bases out in the middle of no where as well. Takes a long time to build something nice in 7dtd, i'd be pretty peeved if a part of it just vanished.

Now another troubleshootign question: Were all these instances on a online game? Anyone had it happen to them in single player at all? If its happened in multiplayer only, I am suspecting a netcode issue somewhere to do with saving chunks to the server. If it happens in single player as well, well we have a much bigger problem as it could be many more things causing it.

Isn't SP technically online still in A17?

I remember this being an issue when A17 first came out. Seemed like chunks were resetting for some reason. Not sure what came of it, though.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    This sounds like a pretty serious bug for the type of game this is, especally if its effecting bases out in the middle of no where as well. Takes a long time to build something nice in 7dtd, i'd be pretty peeved if a part of it just vanished.

Now another troubleshootign question: Were all these instances on a online game? Anyone had it happen to them in single player at all? If its happened in multiplayer only, I am suspecting a netcode issue somewhere to do with saving chunks to the server. If it happens in single player as well, well we have a much bigger problem as it could be many more things causing it.
    to answer your question, in all cases, its online with my own public dedicated server machine.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post

Mine was online, single player. That is, I was the only person in the game at the time. My gf is the only other person who's been in this map, and she was not in the map at the time.

Tracker
    For those of you who are just now beginning to experience the MD5 terrain rewrite bug, welcome to the world xbox has been living with for the past two years. This is a known bug in the xbox community and at least there, it seemed dependent on TIG (time in game). I was able to ensure having one by running a constant game for more than two hours. It would happen nearly every time I exceeded that time limit. I have also seen it on my PC now that I am using that, though it took nearly four hours to have it happen.

I would be more forth-coming with information but TFP has ignored this problem for more than two years now. I doubt they have the knowledge necessary to fix it. They can't even seem to stick to their kickstarter plan. I'll keep checking back in hopes that somebody on the team grows some and sets this game back on the original path. Seriously 300% xp and share xp and every other "cheat" option they put in took time that would have been better spent developing a story line. Oh, and they could have finished the different blocks so we could actually build realistically.