Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Firearms 2! Fully redone

WOW! Amazing Mayic.

Thankyou! I had a blast putting this project together. The UI was really really fun to work on. I love how the icons for it turned out for it. Took me forever to make them all hand crafted. Learned a ton about Gimp (photoshop basically), and Substance Painter with this version.

Melee helped me learn how to pull off the Flamethrower and Laser gun. But with Substance, I can now make weapon skins for everyone Super pumped about that one. I tested the waters with it a bit in melee, made some really nice skins just editing the UV layers in Gimp. But now I can really go above and beyond that with Substance, and do guns proper. Melee items were easy to retexture in a photoshop program. Guns were a massive pain to try and do that with.

Eventually I'd like to blend Melee into Firearms, and create "Weaponry" mod. I think that will be my main focus/passion project for 7 Days to Die. I love that Sphereii picked up Farming and made it into SDX. People are loving that project! I've directed everyone in my discord and Nexus to use that over Farming. I'd like to revamp it into an Alchemy mod, use those extreme buffs that are on the food, into high-end potions and such. Niche little project idea on how to salvage the work into something usable

Really looking forward to your future work. New melee weapons is exactly what the game needs now that you took care of firearms.

...amended post - I see you've already taken care of melee weapons as well - nice
    Last edited by vonerich; 05-31-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vonerich View Post
    Really looking forward to your future work. New melee weapons is exactly what the game needs now that you took care of firearms.

...amended post - I see you've already taken care of melee weapons as well - nice
    Yeah the current Melee project is more of an RPG type thing. It was a goofball project more then a "serious" mod like Firearms is. Lots of elemental mod attachments. Basically went for the MMORPG style of weaponry. Lots of glowie stuff!

Looking at that code, makes me weep. But just yesterday I started redoing it a bit, getting localization all set up. Now to plan out something neat for it. Any ideas or suggestions? How do you envision melee weapons to be?

I was debating of doing a "Make it yourself" melee weapon. So imagine you start out with a basic hilt. Metal, Wood, Scrap? Basically different tiers (hilt is the handles btw). Now make the mods, attach various things to the hilts. Spikes, Nails, etc. Also various grips, we can even do long poles, short poles, split poles (to make something like a trident. Imagine a Trident, but with Shurkens at the end? That'd be awesome!).

I'd like to do something along those lines. I feel like just importing a bunch of basic weapons is meh. It can be so much better. So much more unique Anyone can import a katana or thors hammer from sketchfab. But I'd like to create something, where you build thors hammer part by part. Make it truly unique to the player.

Refugee
    Any chance to get a night vision scope in future?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayic View Post
    Yeah the current Melee project is more of an RPG type thing. It was a goofball project more then a "serious" mod like Firearms is. Lots of elemental mod attachments. Basically went for the MMORPG style of weaponry. Lots of glowie stuff!

Looking at that code, makes me weep. But just yesterday I started redoing it a bit, getting localization all set up. Now to plan out something neat for it. Any ideas or suggestions? How do you envision melee weapons to be?

I was debating of doing a "Make it yourself" melee weapon. So imagine you start out with a basic hilt. Metal, Wood, Scrap? Basically different tiers (hilt is the handles btw). Now make the mods, attach various things to the hilts. Spikes, Nails, etc. Also various grips, we can even do long poles, short poles, split poles (to make something like a trident. Imagine a Trident, but with Shurkens at the end? That'd be awesome!).

I'd like to do something along those lines. I feel like just importing a bunch of basic weapons is meh. It can be so much better. So much more unique Anyone can import a katana or thors hammer from sketchfab. But I'd like to create something, where you build thors hammer part by part. Make it truly unique to the player.
    The "Make it yourself" concept sounds amazing. On top of that, what about being able to make mods and attach them to basic weapons as well (Spear with a taser mod for example)? I like having a lot of choices and options (which is why I really like your Firearms mod). I'm sure whatever you end up creating we will all enjoy it. Keep up the great work Mayic.

Colony Founder
    Mayic! Can't believe I would ever say this, but some of the important weapons are missing in this pack!

Smith & Wesson Model 15

AR-18

12 gauge autoloader

.45 Longslide with laser sighting

Uzi 9mm

...and last but not least...

Phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range

Scavenger
    So im haveing two issues with the mod currently. So i have placed down the workbenches in the mod and it would not allow me to hit E on them, SO when this happens i can not enter the normal work benches or any container forceing me to restart. And next it says mayic infront of every weapon and item from the mod making it hard to read some of the names.

Edit" i think i figured out the first issue, the guy hosting the server may not have had the mod properly installed
    Last edited by Torroc; 06-06-2019 at 04:46 AM.

I love this mod! But I do play with 8 others and they're not liking all the different kinds of ammo... Tried to let them know if you equip the weapon it'll show you what ammo that gun needs... But even that doesn't help. We wish there was one without soo many different ammo types... IE: 9mm, etc...

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadamier View Post
    I love this mod! But I do play with 8 others and they're not liking all the different kinds of ammo... Tried to let them know if you equip the weapon it'll show you what ammo that gun needs... But even that doesn't help. We wish there was one without soo many different ammo types... IE: 9mm, etc...
    I have a better idea. How about writing all supported ammo types directly into description of all the weapons? You would just click at the weapon and check the description to see what kind of ammo it uses and then you would grab that type of ammo from your chest or storage box. It would save you couple of clicks and you wouldn't have to equip that weapon every time just to check out what ammo it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Torroc View Post
    And next it says mayic infront of every weapon and item from the mod making it hard to read some of the names.
    There is a 'localizations' batch file, you run that choose option 1 and hit Enter a couple of times and that should remove 'mayic' from all the guns and ammo descriptions.

Love playing with the mod Mayic! Just an fyi in regards to the high tech laser gun. Once the magazine is empty, the nuclear/laser effect continues to fire from the weapon; however, it does not cause any damage. When you reload, damage continues for another 5 shots until it is reloaded.

Also, is the laser sight supposed to be functional? When I press "F" it is displayed, but it will not turn on.
    Last edited by vonerich; 06-16-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Refugee
    This is my boyfriends favorite mod by far. He is obsessed with all the weapons. And I agree it is an outstanding mod!! My only complaint, sorry, is all the ammo! It's overwhelming for me. Maybe it's just my OCD kicking in, but I can't keep it all straight. I snapped at my boyfriend because I spent forever trying to organize my attachments and ammo and was finally relatively happy with it and he finds another gun I just have to use!! Now I have to reorganize everything! Its madness!! LOL, but seriously though, maybe a little more idiot friendly ammo options? Thank you for all the hard work. Truly amazing job

@jdcoolslive.com: Definitely understand calling for simplified ammo options from a storage/organization nightmare perspective, as I have the same issues with too many individual gun parts and would prefer a more streamlined version of them. However, scrounging/foraging for ammo from randomized loot containers is MUCH easier with the current system (multiple calibers fired from the same weapon), and is an added immersion bonus, not an issue:
    https://www.pewpewtactical.com/diffe...n-the-same-gun

@Mayic: I think your work is absolutely FANTASTIC, especially for adding loot variety to the game. My only personal issue is that Firearms2 does not modify vanilla weapons, ammo or skill trees, and the crafting portion could use a revamp. It can be difficult to find the right balance between detail/immersion and simplicity/enjoyability. Just an idea - how about generic/interchangeable gun parts/scrap, except keeping barrel + receiver specific to the caliber of ammo (not the specific make/model of the weapon) fired?
    Last edited by Cernwn; 06-14-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Scavenger
    Hello Mayic, i got a warning on my server:

2019-06-14T17:48:01 58.113 WRN XML patch for "items.xml" from mod "Mayics Firearms 2" did not apply: <set xpath="/items/item[@name='ammoRocketFrag']/property[@name='Material' and @value]/@value"

Is there a workaround?

/Update: My scripter found the problem, in the items.xml file of the modlet:

Delete there:

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='ammoRocketFrag']/property[@name='Material' and @value]/@value">MayicScrapAmmo</set>
    <append xpath="/items/item[@name='ammoRocketFrag']">
    <property name="Weight" value="5"/>
    </append>

/Update: Tested and works fine.

PS: Thx for this great modlet!!
    Last edited by Hagi; 06-14-2019 at 04:19 PM.