Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tool] NITROGEN , a random world generator for 7DtD

i usually place the world into:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds

try that first.

Also remember to delete the old saves and old world folders in the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie subdirectories

The game creates a file called dtm_processed.raw when starting the map, it always needs to be deleted when
    creating a new world. (the out of index bug could come from the game loading a smaller terrain from it)

try a pure default 8k map first (not edited files) using a new map name
    Last edited by Damocles; 05-18-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Refugee
    Ah on normal 7 Days to Die the Map works but not on Ravenhearst. I have forgot something?

you could try using those prefablists for Ravenhearst:

Prefablists (Ravenhearst, Darkness Falls) by other users (MelT, Xylvier):
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post972744

and turn off "extra car lots", as they are probably not defined in those lists.

NitroGen itself is primarily made for the vanilla setup, but using with a proper prefablists (wich indicate what POIs to load) it should work for other mods too.
    Last edited by Damocles; 05-18-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Refugee
    I have make a folder "Prefabs" in 7DaysToDie_Data and put the prefablist_Ravenhearst_vanilla_v2.txt in it more not?

No, you need to place this list into the NitroGen resources folder, and replace the one in it by renaming it to prefablist.txt

Its loaded under this name by the generator. Then you generate your world and place it under

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds

then you go into the game and start a new game with the worlds name.

Refugee
    Many Thanks now it works!

Refugee
    Uploaded list versions v3 with carlot values for NitroGen V0.26 compatibility.

On another note, I have created a repository on GitHub where I'm planning to move the prefab lists to for easier maintenance and access. I'm also planning to include other prefab values in the lists to come, so that using 7DTD MOD prefabs with NitroGen might be even easier in the future.
    However, I'm absolutely new to GitHub, so bear with me.

Refugee
    ok noob question...

If I generate a random world using the Random Gen previewer in the Editing Tools section of the game, and say I type in "MyRandomWorld" as the seed, it may generate a world named "South Pixidu Valley", and if I put "MyRandomWorld" as the seed name in my serverconfig.xml then I will use the "South Pixidu Valley" map that was generated in the Editing Tools.

So.... where do I find whatever the seed name is to generate worlds using NitroGen so that I can put it in my serverconfig.xml and use that map on my dedicated server?

Scavenger
    @Damocles:
    First i would like to thank you for bringing me to program a bit again, didn't have a project for a while (also hobby wise), just unless you i do not work in IT mainly.
    After i wrote that script for the prefabs, i licked blood and kinda got stuck working on more funktions.
    That said, i finally got something nice together and was wondering if you could help me with the dtm.raw files once more.
    I bet you are busy, if so, maybe someone else could help me out with the following.

I try to understand how/what i write in the raw file along the image data from the heightmap.
    Aware where i need to put the info, i am sadly not to familiar with what and how to calculate the extra info that the game needs to smoothen the world.

Thanks again,
    Xylvier
    Last edited by Xylvier; 05-20-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlust View Post
    ok noob question...

If I generate a random world using the Random Gen previewer in the Editing Tools section of the game, and say I type in "MyRandomWorld" as the seed, it may generate a world named "South Pixidu Valley", and if I put "MyRandomWorld" as the seed name in my serverconfig.xml then I will use the "South Pixidu Valley" map that was generated in the Editing Tools.

So.... where do I find whatever the seed name is to generate worlds using NitroGen so that I can put it in my serverconfig.xml and use that map on my dedicated server?
    This should be the info you are looking for.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post973067

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post973363

The second link fixed a problem I had at first so make sure you do what it says too.

Cheers

Refugee
    Thanks! I'll try that!

Refugee
    Is there any chance to find a change-log for the tool?
    And how are resources (ores) being generated? By a game or by a tool? I've got two deserts on my map, and one of them has got only about 4 stacks of oil shale. Imo it's not enough. But i may be wrong.
    Last edited by fox_kirya; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fox_kirya View Post
    Is there any chance to find a change-log for the tool?
    And how are resources (ores) being generated? By a game or by a tool? I've got two deserts on my map, and one of them has got only about 4 stacks of oil shale. Imo it's not enough. But i may be wrong.
    Biomes. Sub Biomes are generated Vy Biomes.xml in game folders, The Generator only gives to u a Biome PNGthats means where biomes will be placed, You can edit the amount of ores in the Biomes.xml

Refugee
    Moved prefab list files to GitHub and added links in the respective posts.

@Damocles:
    Can you change / add these links to the front post instead of the link to the forum post, please?

https://github.com/NickPhaedra/7-Day...ee/Prefablists

All prefab lists in a single file (latest versions):
    https://github.com/NickPhaedra/7-Day...refablists.zip

hey guys i have a great need of help..... iam sure this belongs to this mod/software

i have created a game for me and my brother and while we were playing i came to a point where i need to place a campfire . then an error called
    "nullreferenceExceotion: a null value was found where an object instance was required" iam very sure this is related to the campfire because i started a new world and it was the same error after placing the campfire (it was different map but same generator) . this worked fine in sp

i started a normal game with the game generator and nothing happened when i placed the campfire. (the other players can place things normally ,only the game host cant) ... any ideas what is this???

edit::: ok i figured that out . it was the trader , because i have no traders on the map when i finish the quest of place campfire , and the find the trader pop-up it simply refuses to think there is no traders in the map .>>> lol that reminds me of the bug that prevented marking trader location back in A17 ex ---- and this is how they solve it . they forced the game to search for him <<<< many thanks all
    Last edited by akram22; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:06 AM.