Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: 0XP RolMod

I think there is a bug that makes it so you canít change the horde timing within the same in progress save game.

Are you playing 60 minute days or 120 minute days? If the second then it would be closer to day 80 for default.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I think there is a bug that makes it so you can’t change the horde timing within the same in progress save game.
    I suspected that but the horde actually arrived on day 40. I had also cranked up to warrior so it was some horde for sure, plenty of radiated wights and cops

Are you playing 60 minute days or 120 minute days? If the second then it would be closer to day 80 for default.
    As mentioned in an earlier post I play 120 min days. Fits my schedule better since I usually get a game day in per RL day.

Stepping up to warrior made it better but I still think that playing on default is to easy. Not sure how gamestage is calculated here but I think it needs to be increased a bit. Just my personal opinion as usual.

Shim

So with 120 minutes days you are advancing 2 levels per day. That gets added to days alive and then multiplied by a modifier. One way to increase gamestages faster is to increase the multiplier. I did increase the multipliers over default but maybe they need to be increased even more.

The other way to do it is to add another level up event to one of the other timers. Possibly, the final timer could be a good timing so that once you are gaining 3 skill points a day you will also gain 2 levels per day thus hastening the pace of the difficulty curve.

I didnít do the second option because I thought it would seem off to gain 2 levels at once. But then again they arenít really levels in the same sense of the vanilla game. They are gamestage movers. So maybe it would be fineóespecially if I could eventually change the message that displays from you leveling up to the world getting more dangerous.

Survivor
    So with 120 minutes days you are advancing 2 levels per day. That gets added to days alive and then multiplied by a modifier. One way to increase gamestages faster is to increase the multiplier. I did increase the multipliers over default but maybe they need to be increased even more.
    IMHO it would be a good idea to increase multipliers even more. If days alive and the multiplier is all that affects GS you definately need to raise it. As mentioned I suck at killing Z's and avoid them if I can. Anyone skilled that goes after Z's will have a sunday afternoon stroll in the park with quests. I didnt get any ferals at all until about day 15. And that is on longer days...

After changing to 7 days horde and upping to warrior I'm good in my game. And the radiated are pouring in as they should at my lvl.

Shin

Survivor
    Just reached lvl 50. Sitting on my balcpny watcing hordes of Z's get killed on the traps or by the turrets. Can craft everything at highest lvl, apart from solar banks. But I already bought enough of those.

So, as usual it's game over. Nothing more to do nothing more to aim for. From now on it's not a game, just passing time.. Not the mods fault at all, it actually took me 10-15 days longer to get to this stage. Vanilla just does not have any endgame whatsoever.

Thanks for the ride.

Shin

Thanks for all your feedback Shin. A18 should bring more to do for a lot longer.

Added:

Tier 1 Quest: Trader Compound Improvement: Brick Walls
    Gather 560 cobblestone rocks, craft 40 flagstone blocks, place them in the trader compound, and upgrade them to brick.

Tier 2 Quest: Trader Compound Improvement: Brick Walls
    Gather 980 cobblestone rocks, craft 70 flagstone blocks, place them in the trader compound, and upgrade them to brick.

Tier 1 Quest: Trader Compound Improvement: Campfire
    Fetch a cooking pot, craft a campfire, and place them together in the trader compound

Tier 2 Quest: Trader Compound Improvement: Forge
    Find or Craft an anvil, craft a forge, and place them together in the trader compound

Changed:

Increased the gamestages multiplier upward slightly.

Please note that these quests are on the honor system and can be cheated. You can place the blocks and workstations anywhere and still complete the quest. You can ignore including the pot and the anvil and still complete the quest. The spirit of the quests is to upgrade and improve the trader compounds but....play however you wish I will have more trader improvement quests ready to go after A18 drops but I thought I would include these now to test and see what feedback there is on them. I'm also open to help in order to force the placement of these things within the trader compound (for those who have no honor). I'm also open to improving the quests in any way possible so please post your thoughts if they are too tedious or too much for a tier 1 and 2 quest....etc.

Final note: If you are not playing with unprotected traders you will want to delete these trader improvement quests from your mod folder. Open the folder Roland's Trader Finder Quest and go into the configs folder and open the quests xml. The first section is the trader finder quest which you can keep. Everything that follows can be deleted since none of it will work if your trader POI is protected.

Be careful not to delete the final </configs> line!!!
    Last edited by Roland; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:02 AM.

Refugee
    First Mod me and the son have tried. Absolutely love it, had to change the way we play somewhat and had multiple deaths on first 4 attempts.

Really enjoying the challenge and change of pace, looking forward to giving this a go with the A18 perk trees and books.

Trader quest line is fun, unprotected Traders was an eye opener, died 3 times in traders.

We have ended up dropping level down one from default and put Zombies on 50% block damage, run at night, just while we get into the swing of things but it is fun and that's the main thing. Great Job Roland and those others that contributed.

Thanks. Do you feel that the tier 1 brick wall quest is too much for tier 1. I spawned in the desert and had a hard time finding mats for cobblestones

I was thinking of reducing the tier 1 quest to 30 blocks instead of 40. I happened to have my trader spawn in the desert and gathering cobblestone for 40 blocks has seemed more tier 2-ish....

Then I would do 60 blocks for tier 2 and then upgrade 50 blocks to cement for tier 3

What did you think?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Play it, decide if you like it. Never make a mod for others, you'll never succeed.

...I say ironically as I continue to sway madmole towards my style of play...

The key is to not shape your vision around what people want, but to believe enough in your vision that the people begin to believe as well

and yes i say that ironically alongside Gup lol

I make my mod for myself and for like-minded people. I don't care about the others.
    Although i sometimes, too, listen to ideas, but only those whom already liked the that i made, outside people never see the whole situation.
    By the way, i noticed that it is better to first make and then ask. People will tell you if something is wrong.

How nice to be clever for you, Roland
    Last edited by n2n1; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:33 AM.

Refugee
    Found it fine Roland but I was in snow zone and had trader Hugh, it not really that hard to get cobble stone even in desert if you do a few poi camps. We are really enjoying the change of pace.
    Takes a few goes through to get accustomed to the bigger herds, more roaming zombies and to change mindset from XP gathering but we are finding it fun which is the main goal surely of any mod/game.

Refugee
    I was thinking of reducing the tier 1 quest to 30 blocks instead of 40. I happened to have my trader spawn in the desert and gathering cobblestone for 40 blocks has seemed more tier 2-ish....

Then I would do 60 blocks for tier 2 and then upgrade 50 blocks to cement for tier 3

What did you think?
    30 and 60 seem fine, I would say 60 concrete for tier 3 as it is 2 skill point reward and if we were gathering cobblestone at POI then we would already have concrete to do the job so it's a quick win.