Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: 0XP RolMod A18

Refugee
    Thanks for the fast reply. I found what was causing it. I had stalliondens "remove food poison" modlet installed. removed it and started feeling better right away. seems like that modlet had the exact opposite effect

Change: Added Trolland's Moar Zombies which increases both biome spawns and wandering horde counts. Based on JrBarrio's modlet that I used for the A17.4 version. I updated it and changed it slightly so that that not only are there more zombies in general during the day, there are even more at night to simulate that the zombies are more active in general during the lunar influence. You can still move around at night but pay attention because it is crowded....

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Change: Added Trolland's Moar Zombies which increases both biome spawns and wandering horde counts. Based on JrBarrio's modlet that I used for the A17.4 version. I updated it and changed it slightly so that that not only are there more zombies in general during the day, there are even more at night to simulate that the zombies are more active in general during the lunar influence. You can still move around at night but pay attention because it is crowded....

Love it! You are officially the reason I came back to the game. Vanilla is unplayable IMHO.

I did notice one thing. No skillpoints when locating trader. Intended? If so I suggest that you add a few points somewhere, starting of totally naked is hard af. Imo 5 points or so makes it a smoother start.

I will look at that next. The way they changed the starter quests completely messed up my starter quest mod. I like their change but now I do need to re-introduce some starting skillpoints. Thanks for the feedback and the kind words.

Added: 4 Skillpoint reward upon completion of the tutorial quest chain

In your mods folder find "Roland's Zero-xp progression" modlet and then go into the "quests" xpath file in the configs folder. You should easily see the line for giving 4 skillpoints for doing the final quest in the training quest chain. Simply change that number to whatever pleases you for a starting amount of skillpoints if you feel that 4 is either too much or too little.

Hunter
    Added: 4 Skillpoint reward upon completion of the tutorial quest chain
    4 is good enough. I'm past the quest so wont get them, but I can handle it for sure.

I noticed that even with the xp bar removed the red do deficit amount still shows up along with the grim reaper icon so I still need to do as Kaine suggested.

Refugee
    Me and my friend are playing this mod, but whenever the 60 minutes passes, I get a skill point but my friend does not. We are both using the launcher. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    Me and my friend are playing this mod, but whenever the 60 minutes passes, I get a skill point but my friend does not. We are both using the launcher. Any help would be appreciated.
    Are you the host? I'm not sure what would cause that. The only time I've experienced not getting a skillpoint is when the SDX wasn't compiled but the launcher should do that automatically. Is your friend going up a level each day? That is also SDX so if he is also not going up a level each day then it is because for some reason the SDX isn't working. Does he have any other modlets installed? If so could you list them?

Refugee
    Roland, the mod is a big +1 for me. There's no benefit to killing random zombies if you don't have to, so I find myself just running past anyone I don't have to kill. It seems like a more logical reaction; there's no need to risk danger for no benefit. I think the risk of death is appropriately tuned. In previous games, I would put all my important stuff in a chest and go out at night to chop trees or kill random zombies for extra xp, but now I'm too scared to leave my base when death matters so much. Trollands may be a bit excessive on the zombie count, but it certainly keeps me on my toes while gathering resources, and shoutout to the 20+ count wandering horde that showed up at 9:30PM on day 7. No complaints so far.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gpoop View Post
    Roland, the mod is a big +1 for me. There's no benefit to killing random zombies if you don't have to, so I find myself just running past anyone I don't have to kill. It seems like a more logical reaction; there's no need to risk danger for no benefit. I think the risk of death is appropriately tuned. In previous games, I would put all my important stuff in a chest and go out at night to chop trees or kill random zombies for extra xp, but now I'm too scared to leave my base when death matters so much. Trollands may be a bit excessive on the zombie count, but it certainly keeps me on my toes while gathering resources, and shoutout to the 20+ count wandering horde that showed up at 9:30PM on day 7. No complaints so far.
    Glad you are enjoying it. It really is a strange realization when you start playing 0XP after playing vanilla to realize that there is no reason to seek out zombies to kill and once you're generating 3 skillpoints per day you are scared to death of losing that which pushes you to want to avoid risky fights even more.

I will probably decrease daytime zombie counts slightly but I like the night time counts. It really does seem more realistic for more of them to mostly come out at night. mostly.....
    Last edited by Roland; 12-17-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Refugee
    Glad you are enjoying it. It really is a strange realization when you start playing 0XP after playing vanilla to realize that there is no reason to seek out zombies to kill and once you're generating 3 skillpoints per day you are scared to death of losing that which pushes you to want to avoid risky fights even more.

I will probably decrease daytime zombie counts slightly but I like the night time counts. It really does seem more realistic for more of them to mostly come out at night. mostly.....
    Yeah the daytime zombies are a bit much. I don't have a problem with the ones out in the world, but when I'm clearing a poi there are often 10+ zombies that come in from outside. 1-3 is probably reasonable but 10 is just a pain.

One other slight issue is that now that health and stamina are tied to your level, leveling once a day leaves you with much less health and stamina than on vanilla right now. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is an unintended balance difference.

Still loving the paradigm shift to do things because they make you better at surviving rather than xp. Imo it's the best progression I've ever played with. I think LBD was slightly better than what vanilla has now, but 0XP is near perfect.

Hunter
    Yeah the daytime zombies are a bit much. I don't have a problem with the ones out in the world, but when I'm clearing a poi there are often 10+ zombies that come in from outside. 1-3 is probably reasonable but 10 is just a pain.
    This is not something I experience. Sure, ♥♥♥♥load of Z's outside but not nearly enough to cause problems clearing POI's. Do not lower the count please.

One other slight issue is that now that health and stamina are tied to your level, leveling once a day leaves you with much less health and stamina than on vanilla right now. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is an unintended balance difference.
    Didnt play vanilla to much but I think a lvl a day was pretty average, So not a significant difference.

Still loving the paradigm shift to do things because they make you better at surviving rather than xp. Imo it's the best progression I've ever played with. I think LBD was slightly better than what vanilla has now, but 0XP is near perfect.
    Couldnt agree more! Always baffled that this mod is created by someone who always defends vanilla...

In any case, It IS a great mod Roland. And thank you for making it

Survivor
    Rly intrested in the mod, can we have a dl link. Im on linux and i think the mod launcher there is not uptodate

Here is the link. You will have to compile the SDX parts or they may not work. If you talk to Sphereii I'm sure he will get the Linux version of his Modlauncher up to date. The current modlauncher has much fewer mods but that isn't because of the mod launcher it is because a lot of the bigger mods haven't made the leap to A18 yet and in their defense A18 is still changing so it is scary putting work into it until the devs say "That's it for A18".