Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 0XP RolMod

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    You're fracking weird...

...also, /something/ allows for the return of points; use that line.
    I知 on vacation...

The return of points comes when the timer runs out on the near death buff. There is also a system that checks and lessens the effects of Near Death during the 30 minute time.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Vacation is for closers. Finish this up and THEN you can take one.

Vacation is for closers. Finish this up and THEN you can take one.
    I'd love to close and I've poked at Stompy a few times. The man is busy. Not sure why I'm not prioritized as number one on his list but there it is.

Changelog

Changed: Daily skillpoint gains. You now progress from earning 1 skillpoint after surviving for a day to earning 2 skillpoints after surviving for 2 days to earning 3 skillpoints for surviving for 3 days and each day thereafter. If you die you will lose that progression and start over at 1 skillpoint if you can survive an entire day from the moment you respawn after death. Then you will have to work your way back up to 3 skillpoints over the next couple days.

Changed: Costs for purchasing attributes and perks have increased. The preview tool tip shows the wrong price (I couldn't find where to change that anywhere) but the shopping cart tool tip shows the correct price once the next tier becomes available to be purchased. The cost progression is as follows:

Attribute costs for levels 2-10 are: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10
    Perk costs for levels 1-5 are: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5

Pretty pricey under the vanilla ruleset but if you are doing well at surviving and earning 3 skillpoints per day (plus quests) you should have no problem with these prices. Also remember that because skillpoints are independent of levels there is no cap...
    Last edited by Roland; 04-19-2019 at 12:42 AM.

I have a suspicion, thanks to sphereii-magic, there might be a way to remove levels from perks.

I shall do some testing later and report back.

Ranger
    You're fracking weird...

...also, /something/ allows for the return of points; use that line.
    At least he is not frelling weird, that would be really off the farm

Scavenger
    Also on vacation right now, and finally got a chance to try it out. The 'survival-first' aspect to earn skill-points is more in line with the 'dead-is-dead' I like to play when playing solo, so I'm enjoying it and I think this would be a lot more approachable for those not willing to wipe an entire game for one stupid mistake.

Only starting day 4, so no long-term thoughts yet. I was going to say it seems I'm slightly higher perk-wise due to quests, but I found an interesting glitch related to the timers. I noticed that my skill points were arriving earlier each night, the timers didn't seem to be running correctly for me? I timed it, and the timer was running 60 minutes, but the game wasn't doing 60 minute days for some weird reason, even though it was selected. Ran out of time before I could test that further.

I noticed it as well and should have realized it would happen because I played around a lot with different day lengths awhile back and noticed right away that none of them are exactly what they are advertised to be. Not sure what is more important葉hat the timers be 60 seconds or that the bonus comes the same time each day. I値l play around with it and see if I can find the right balance.

On the other hand, if people want to play different lengths of days it isn稚 going to happen at the same time each day anyway....

Are you playing the most recent version with higher costs for attributes and perks but also building up to gaining 3 skillpoints a day?

Thanks for the feedback and for trying it out.
    Last edited by Roland; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:39 PM.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I noticed it as well and should have realized it would happen because I played around a lot with different day lengths awhile back and noticed right away that none of them are exactly what they are advertised to be. Not sure what is more important葉hat the timers be 60 seconds or that the bonus comes the same time each day. I値l play around with it and see if I can find the right balance.

On the other hand, if people want to play different lengths of days it isn稚 going to happen at the same time each day anyway....

Are you playing the most recent version with higher costs for attributes and perks but also building up to gaining 3 skillpoints a day?

Thanks for the feedback and for trying it out.
    I'd played the first day, then saw the update, so it was with the increased skillpoints. I was admittedly paying more attention to the timing issue the third and fourth days, but with doing quests, it seemed slightly high with the number of skillpoints. But, I hadn't really started buying the more expensive attributes/perks, so need more time to judge that.

And I think it should be tied to the same time each day, but that's just my opinion.

Okay, I have it fixed now to match up with the actual length of the "60 minute" daylength. There may be a drift of a second or two but hopefully not noticeable. If so I can easily adjust it a second more or less.

If you don't want to re-download the mod all you need to do is go into the skillpoint generator modlet and edit the buffs xpath to change the 3600 value to 4077 (for all three timers).
    Last edited by Roland; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:36 PM.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Why 4101?

Scavenger
    Okay, I have it fixed now to match up with the actual length of the "60 minute" daylength. There may be a drift of a second or two but hopefully not noticeable. If so I can easily adjust it a second more or less.

If you don't want to re-download the mod all you need to do is go into the skillpoint generator modlet and edit the buffs xpath to change the 3600 value to 4041 (for all three timers).
    Well, the ~4100 seconds would pretty much fix it for the erroneous 60 minute day, though that would be based off the 7am "spawn time or I'm assuming, last death time. Personal preference, would be have it hit at like 3-3:30am, that way I can make selections before running out for the day 😁

Really though, wonder if there's a value you can query to determine day length when setting the time to account for differing day lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by JamsCB View Post
    Well, the ~4100 seconds would pretty much fix it for the erroneous 60 minute day, though that would be based off the 7am "spawn time” or I'm assuming, last death time. Personal preference, would be have it hit at like 3-3:30am, that way I can make selections before running out for the day ��

Really though, wonder if there's a value you can query to determine day length when setting the time to account for differing day lengths.
    Could be possible to trigger the day start counter when the morning sound is called by the game and plays the sound file, that way every day will be same length.

Not sure wether that was talked about before or not ... or maybe im way off mark lol
    Last edited by Ragsy 2145; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:30 PM.

I believe that OnDayStart is one of those buff trigger events that is not hooked up yet. I looked into it in the beginning and somebody showed me. Possible for the future.

Scavenger
    I believe that OnDayStart is one of those buff trigger events that is not hooked up yet. I looked into it in the beginning and somebody showed me. Possible for the future.
    I'm guessing that was an internal discussion. A quick Google search of the forum for "OnDayStart" only returns this thread, not any of the dev's big posts of the coming hooks or anything. Granted, I've always found trying to find something in the forum a bit painful.

When it's hooked up, it should work well though, especially if you could find some way to set the timer to whatever day length is being used making different day lengths possible. It would really suck to die early in the morning and have to wait almost two days for more skillpoints, but does fit the skillpoint death penalty theme.