Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: RWG & Ideas for upcoming versions

  1. #1
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Lightbulb RWG & Ideas for upcoming versions

    Hello everybody.
    These are some ideas and suggestions for upcoming versions, which I have created after a good 10h playing time together with friends.
    I hope a lot meets open ears. :-)

    RWG
    - The streets are a horror. On 6 of 7 maps, it was more like gorges than roads, completely ruining exploration and the surrounding area.
    - Maybe I'm just unlucky when generating cards but so far, each card looked the same: A gigantic bustling house arrangement in the center and outside not even small settlements. Is not that easy to change by using hot spots to place buildings (possibly with a maximum number of levels of loot) and spread them over the entire map?
    - "If you" rework the RWG, start with a "simple" caste system for the different landscapes. That way, players can better distinguish what's going on and make it easier to focus on each section.
    - Small houses without or really rar loot. Just to make the world more interesting to explore?
    - 90% of the veins in the underground are containing iron. Would not it be nice if you could already see on the surface by a different coloring of the soil, which ore is mostly hidden in the soil? To place everywhere gravel as it is currently the case I do not see as effective. Maybe a red color for iron, white for nitrate, black for coal, blue for lead, etc?
    Other Ideas
    - Ores currently all look the same (so the impression when mining). Would not it be possible to distinguish these more from each other? Even if it then possibly gets a "comic" look? Red for Iron, Blue for Lead, etc?
    - The Nightmare zombies are almost indistinguishable from the normal zombies. Is that intended or was it an oversight?
    - As a "farmer", I often tear the seeds out of the ground while plowing the fields. It would be cool if you can only farm the finished products with the garden rake, otherwise they will not break down anything.
    - The cooking system, I feel a bit confusing. It would be nice to see all sorts of recipes permanently in the campfire and then simply insert the ingredients. That should greatly improve the overview, in my opinion.
    - Electricity through wind power? Or have I just overlooked that so far?
    - Water seems to be superfluous to me in agriculture at present. Could you adjust that? Possibly. also with an area covered by a field of water like the area protection block?

  2. #2
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0
    Digging the gravel will provide a little bit of the ore found below.

  3. #3
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkenix View Post
    - 90% of the veins in the underground are containing iron. Would not it be nice if you could already see on the surface by a different coloring of the soil, which ore is mostly hidden in the soil? To place everywhere gravel as it is currently the case I do not see as effective. Maybe a red color for iron, white for nitrate, black for coal, blue for lead, etc?
    - Ores currently all look the same (so the impression when mining). Would not it be possible to distinguish these more from each other? Even if it then possibly gets a "comic" look? Red for Iron, Blue for Lead, etc?
    As mentioned above - if you dig the gravel it will contain one of the resource located there. The key in mining is understanding how the generator works. Currently, the game does a rather poor job explaining how this works in the journal and youtube is very helpful here. The ores themselves are different colors in the ground but the texture handling is rather poor at separating them from rock atm. I hope that they are working on this but I suspect that such is not even on the radar.

    For the time being, rare ores are found by biome: snow - nitrate, burnt - coal, desert - shale and forest - lead. ALL deposits located at 14 and below WILL be this resource. The most effective way to mine that I have found is to search for deposits at a height of 14 and then dig down for the rare resource and up for Iron.

    Of course, RWG is NOT being fixed. It is being replaced so I have no idea how well this method is going to work in the upcoming RWG.
    - The Nightmare zombies are almost indistinguishable from the normal zombies. Is that intended or was it an oversight?
    I assume that it is intended but to know you need to look at the eyes. The ferals have red eyes.
    - As a "farmer", I often tear the seeds out of the ground while plowing the fields. It would be cool if you can only farm the finished products with the garden rake, otherwise they will not break down anything.
    Ditto here. I mentioned this to MM but I do not think they see it as an issue. It really is just an annoyance but a rather frustrating one at times.
    - Electricity through wind power? Or have I just overlooked that so far?
    Interesting idea. Right now renewable power is in the form of solar panels. Unfortunately, the solar power system is totally broken atm - it tanks performance.
    - Water seems to be superfluous to me in agriculture at present. Could you adjust that? Possibly. also with an area covered by a field of water like the area protection block?[/LEFT]
    Water is on the complete rework block when they get to it. I think that such is not going to happen until 18. The water system we have now is a placeholder and I believe it is being planned on doing a complete rework of how it operates. MM was talking about possibly having a water table rather than a water block for natural water formations.
    Last edited by FA_Q2; 04-17-2019 at 11:50 PM.

  4. #4
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    That was detailed.
    Thank you for the good tips and advice.

    The recommendation with the 14th level regarding mining I will definitely test. That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out in my current round, as I like to farm resources for my team.

    That you can see the ore on the basis of the gravel gravel I knew already, I just want a clearer sign. Such as different colors of gravel or just a soil color just to not always dig.

    The fact that the feral zombies are only recognizable by their eyes makes them a bit dreadful to me but something "rotten" or scary they might look like the normal ones. But that is of course complaining at a high level. :-)

    Are you completely reworking the RWG? So far, I have only read about the water and some textures like the desert and icons. But complete sounds good, just where the trend in games so goes to the RWG.

    That reminds me .. Am I the only one who tries to build each bridge, because the current ones are a nightmare? ^^"
    I break my bike every time I drive on the bridge, but maybe I'm just a lousy driver.

  5. #5
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,109
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkenix View Post
    Are you completely reworking the RWG? So far, I have only read about the water and some textures like the desert and icons. But complete sounds good, just where the trend in games so goes to the RWG.
    FA_Q2 is just a player, not a developer, just like me. So this is all second hand information.

    RWG is getting a major overhaul, and that might even be included in A17.3 or in A18 at the latest. That includes realistically looking lakes and even rivers but not water physics. Water physics rework AFAIK is just in the category "We intent to do that when we have time" and not something I would expect in A18.

  6. #6
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkenix View Post
    That was detailed.
    Thank you for the good tips and advice.

    The recommendation with the 14th level regarding mining I will definitely test. That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out in my current round, as I like to farm resources for my team.

    That you can see the ore on the basis of the gravel gravel I knew already, I just want a clearer sign. Such as different colors of gravel or just a soil color just to not always dig.

    The fact that the feral zombies are only recognizable by their eyes makes them a bit dreadful to me but something "rotten" or scary they might look like the normal ones. But that is of course complaining at a high level. :-)

    Are you completely reworking the RWG? So far, I have only read about the water and some textures like the desert and icons. But complete sounds good, just where the trend in games so goes to the RWG.

    That reminds me .. Am I the only one who tries to build each bridge, because the current ones are a nightmare? ^^"
    I break my bike every time I drive on the bridge, but maybe I'm just a lousy driver.
    As mega pointed out - I am just a player. Most of what I posted about the dev team are things that MM (MadMole) has stated over in the dev 18 diary. MM has talked a lot about what they are planning to do with 17 and 18.

  7. #7
    Reconstructionist Damocles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    636
    Rep Power
    1
    From what i have seen, the RWG will be restarted from the ground up using a stamp system for terrain generation. So I expect the world to be way more visually expressive and realistic than now.

    Btw, the ores are not defined by the RWG, but are spawned/defined after the world generation.

    The water is not bad, but quite sensitive. If water is just spawned in a flat plane it would be technically more robust, but also more boring (no small lakes in high terrain)

    If the RWG does not have more configuration options than a seed ... good for me ...
    Last edited by Damocles; 04-18-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •