Thread: New Tool Type help

New Tool Type help

I dont know if this is possible, i'm assuming it is much simpler than i'm making it out to be.

i wasnt to create blocks that can only be damaged with a certain type of tool, say admin tools. so that i can create a pvp arena, but we can make modifications of that arena in the server but players not be able to.

is it possible to make it so that there is on a specific tool, say an admin hammer, that can damage a set of blocks like weapons can only damage entities and tools only damage blocks. but there be a third group that only admin tools can damage admin blocks?

Hunter
    Royal Deluxe's undestroyable blocks does that. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...let-collection
    It accomplishes it by making it downgrade to itself but with the included tool and material you can upgrade it to a hay bale and then remove it. You will get yellow warnings with it but they can be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by scwanobi View Post
    Royal Deluxe's undestroyable blocks does that. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...let-collection
    It accomplishes it by making it downgrade to itself but with the included tool and material you can upgrade it to a hay bale and then remove it. You will get yellow warnings with it but they can be ignored.
    ooh interesting. i dont want a whole mod, just for this one thing. I just need one block. I know about the infinite downgrade hack. but the upgrade to hay bale or even air is a great tip, thank you!

Don't know about currently available mods, but if you don't mind coding, an interesting solution would be to add in another damage type, create a new craftable block that is of that material type and assing appropriate damage detriments to all tools and weapons. This means assigning the damage type -100% damage for everything except a few selected tools/weapons.

Don't know if it's possible to add a new type of damage. Would have to test this out yourself.