Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Possible Extra Revenue if TFP gets the rights to publishing on Console

  1. #1
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Possible Extra Revenue if TFP gets the rights to publishing on Console

    I wanted to create a thread in positive thought of how the Console version of the game could make revenue post game sales to help support any future developing company if TFP gets the rights back to console.

    Some people complain about DLC costing money, but generally DLC is one of the ways that keeps a game developing outside in game currency.

    Once the game copy is sold, the revenue is collected. Without expansions packs or DLC that consumer pays no more money to the company, but if the company continues to develop the game, they are spending money to pay their employees to develop it.

    I dont know anything behind how revenue was given to TTG, but it's obvious something in their accounting, be it revenue, or bad accounting went wrong and led to bankruptcy.

    If another company can step in to develop, I'm a form believer in paying for some DLC to keep the game developing.

    I see some skin packs on DLC, but I created this thread to discuss other possible ideas forum users have just to help give ideas to TFP.

    My first idea, is various unlockables or recipes designed for single player/ Local games, but maybe they could carry over to Multiplayer as a setting the host could turn on/off to enable/disable. Mainly due to them possibly being considered game breaking.

    But things like a Super Fertilizer Recipe, or even a Tractor vehicle for farms. Maybe a ride behind drilling machine, for those tunnels between bases.

    Or even a bulldozer to demo a town quicker. Just some quick thoughts. Things I would pay a few bucks to unlock, just to support the developers, but things that would make potentially arguable "waste of time" tasks like long mining tunnels easier. Obviously game changers, that should be treated potentially like I said above.

  2. #2
    Nomad ZombieHoG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    The deepest wallow in HoGland
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    1
    An easy way:
    https://7daystodie.com/official-merchandise/
    just buy lots of it

  3. #3
    Inventor Outlaw_187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Navezgane, Ohio
    Posts
    881
    Rep Power
    1
    In this day in age, i'm usually more or less against DLC. It just seems too common and of course if we really like a game, obviously we want all the game has to offer....enter paid DLC.

    However, with that being said, in this case i would be more than happy to drop some dough for paid DLC to get this new engine upgrade, the newest patch/content we were supposed to get, and whatever else they could throw in.

    I'm totally down, mark my vote for a hell yes!!

  4. #4
    Tracker Static_Shadow(PSN)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Running though the woods with a crossbow
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    1
    I would pay for a map pack. I mean randomgen is how i usually play but navesgane does have a fun layout with several exclusive bulidings. Make a pack of 1-3 maps with those unique pois and a little extra flavor that isnt in random gen and i would buy it.

  5. #5
    Inventor Outlaw_187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Navezgane, Ohio
    Posts
    881
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHoG View Post
    An easy way:
    https://7daystodie.com/official-merchandise/
    just buy lots of it
    If it would mean new life for console, I'd be all over it man!

  6. #6
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    0
    Why would you spend money on that

  7. #7
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    0
    Dont worry guys, when 7dtd goes gold in 4 or 5 more years, they'll sell that to us as 7dtd 2.

    In my opinion they had plenty of time to work on this game for console. They decided that the PC was more important. There was a time that I would have gladly spent money for a doc. That time has come and gone.

    I would never give TFP any more of my money. The money they got from me and everyone else on ps4 and xbox, went to developing the PC version. Nothing to the console. There is nothing out there to say that they wouldn't do the same I the future

  8. #8
    Inventor Outlaw_187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Navezgane, Ohio
    Posts
    881
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr8liner View Post
    Why would you spend money on that
    Because "if" the Fun Pimps get the rights back, they still gotta make something on the deal. Sure they made some money when they sold the rights to Telltale but that's probably more or less where their income stopped. Maybe they got royalties from each sale, who knows what kinda contract they had.

    However the Pimps are most likely gonna have to pony up more cash in legal fees to get the rights back.

    Im just saying i would be willing to help out in merchandise sales, DLC sales, or whatever. I paid like $27 for this game at console launch & have more than got my moneys worth with the hours & fun ive received from this game.
    I get your pissed man, so am I. Just trying to hold out hope the Pimps can get this crap worked out.

  9. #9
    Nomad ZombieHoG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    The deepest wallow in HoGland
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr8liner View Post
    Dont worry guys, when 7dtd goes gold in 4 or 5 more years, they'll sell that to us as 7dtd 2.
    Afaik TTG considered 7d2d on console as finished. The Upgrades (stability and content) were bonus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr8liner View Post
    In my opinion they had plenty of time to work on this game for console. They decided that the PC was more important. There was a time that I would have gladly spent money for a doc. That time has come and gone.
    Imho TFP can't work on this game for console at the moment, because up to now the rights for console are owned by TTG. TFP sold/licensed their intellectual property to TTG and were done with it(mostly, because afaik they agreed with TTG that they will help them up to a certain degree).
    For me TFP always concentrated on PC. Their thoughts behind the console version can have different causes (cool, more money; consoleros deserve our game too; TTG should have an oppertunity for profit; or something else).

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr8liner View Post
    I would never give TFP any more of my money. The money they got from me and everyone else on ps4 and xbox, went to developing the PC version. Nothing to the console. There is nothing out there to say that they wouldn't do the same I the future
    Oh yeah the money. Most of us bought this game for half or less the price of a normal game. I think nearly every gamer/buyer on console has drawn his revenue out of 7d2d.
    Imho none of us has the right to blame TFP for the s*** TTG has done to us. We should be grateful for their efforts to help us with TTGs game and problems.

  10. #10
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    0
    Maybe TFP should have protected themselves better.

    As for a finished game. Yes we heard this a million times. Doesn't matter how many times you say it, that doesn't make it the truth. The game is still in alpha. Never went to beta or got gold. From my understanding that is the order before a game is finished. So it's not a finished game.

    Evey game out there does free updates and content, they also sell dlc. Just because they dont sell any DLC doesnt mean that they are doing us a favor bringing more to the game. All game do it and there is no exception for TFP.

    Also if you insist that this is a finished game because it was based off a " stable" version of the game still in alpha, I have a house for sale that is only framed out but I'll sell it to you at full price and call it complete because it is modeled after a fully finished house

  11. #11
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,169
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr8liner View Post
    Maybe TFP should have protected themselves better.

    As for a finished game. Yes we heard this a million times. Doesn't matter how many times you say it, that doesn't make it the truth. The game is still in alpha. Never went to beta or got gold. From my understanding that is the order before a game is finished. So it's not a finished game.

    Evey game out there does free updates and content, they also sell dlc. Just because they dont sell any DLC doesnt mean that they are doing us a favor bringing more to the game. All game do it and there is no exception for TFP.

    Also if you insist that this is a finished game because it was based off a " stable" version of the game still in alpha, I have a house for sale that is only framed out but I'll sell it to you at full price and call it complete because it is modeled after a fully finished house
    Again, you're confusing PC with Console. The Console version was sold as a finished product. The PC version is still in Alpha. The console version was sold as a Completed release of a14.7.

  12. #12
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0
    I would be fine with a paid DLC to get the new engine upgrades and features. We were sold a complete game (for good or bad). So a paid overhaul would be fairly justified.

    However, I will not support pay to win type addons though. Skins are fine, but not anything that gives a multiplayer advantage. Last thing I want to see is me running around with a bow and arrow while someone else has a jeep with a minigun attached (hypothetical example) that I couldn't even build without purchasing the DLC.

  13. #13
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,169
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernagon View Post
    ...
    However, I will not support pay to win type addons though. Skins are fine, but not anything that gives a multiplayer advantage. Last thing I want to see is me running around with a bow and arrow while someone else has a jeep with a minigun attached (hypothetical example) that I couldn't even build without purchasing the DLC.
    TFP have been pretty adamant in the past that they don't agree with this method either. Same goes for microtransactions.

  14. #14
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    TFP have been pretty adamant in the past that they don't agree with this method either. Same goes for microtransactions.
    That's good to hear. The videogame market is saturated with this practice. I die a little inside whenever I see this happen to a favorite franchise. *stink eye at Bethesda and Blizzard*

  15. #15
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernagon View Post
    That's good to hear. The videogame market is saturated with this practice. I die a little inside whenever I see this happen to a favorite franchise. *stink eye at Bethesda and Blizzard*
    I completely agree. That's why I said for single player and if it was to be allowed in multiplayer. It would be host discretion (my preference is a vote no to multiplayer as well) but if it was like a cheat mode that has to be toggled on. Then just dont join those ♥♥♥♥ servers. Leave it to a whale war lol. Some whales or people have purchased it may enjoy the added difficulty or race to get the components for this dlc bought stuff.

    But let it be something toggled. Otherwise yes. It becomes a pay to win and would be a game crasher.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •