Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 683

Thread: NPCs DMT Mod

  1. #556
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,829
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by khzmusik View Post
    So, there is good news and bad news.

    SphereII has a new version of the Mod Launcher. Once I downloaded and installed it, all of the modlets in the Mods folder showed up. So far, so good.

    To be safe, I then deleted all of those mods through the Mod Launcher's Mod Downloader screen. I double-checked that they were deleted by looking in the Mods folder (they were). I then re-downloaded all of the NPC modlets (NPCs, wandering traders, bandits). They all downloaded and showed up as active in the Mod Downloader screen.

    I started the mod, and everything compiled and linked fine. I played the game, and after a while, a couple of NPCs spawned.

    But now the bad news. If I interacted with the NPCs, no dialogue options came up. There was "screen real estate" for the dialogue options, but absolutely nothing was in them. (This is different from the last bug, where the screen showed the trader options - this shows nothing.)

    I'm attaching screenshots and the Mod Launcher log file. Hopefully they will help.

    https://pastebin.com/93WkeBmZ
    Attachment 30547
    Attachment 30548
    Do you have the mod "SphereII NPC Dialog Windows" installed?

  2. #557
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,829
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlood View Post
    Where would I find the file with the logs you need? I've looked but am not sure which files are the correct ones to post.
    Are you using the Mod Launcher? If so, after trying to load the game again, go back to the Mod Launcher, click on View Logs button. By default, it will show the 7d2dlauncher.txt log file. This will show the compiling, downloading, etc. If you click on the log file, it should drop down and show you another option: output_log.txt. Select that one, then click on Upload Log file. This will give you a pastebin.com link, which you can send to us. It'll contain you log file.

  3. #558
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0
    By the way,im sorry if this is a little off topic,but the NPCs are hired each for 1000 casino coins/tokens.Being totally new to the game,and planning to create a custom single player game with 50% loot available via options menu,will it make it difficult to aquire enough tokens to recruit a handfull of NPCs?

    Also the hunter NPC seems to have a chainsaw sound resinating from him constantly in melee mode or when standing next to another NPC.Thought i would mention,the NPCs also seem to have a extremely low rate of fire,usually getting off one round before zombies come within melee range.

    Other than that its really great having these NPCS.

    Thanks again

  4. #559
    Community Moderator xyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Redarmy45 View Post
    By the way,im sorry if this is a little off topic,but the NPCs are hired each for 1000 casino coins/tokens.Being totally new to the game,and planning to create a custom single player game with 50% loot available via options menu,will it make it difficult to aquire enough tokens to recruit a handfull of NPCs?

    Also the hunter NPC seems to have a chainsaw sound resinating from him constantly in melee mode or when standing next to another NPC.Thought i would mention,the NPCs also seem to have a extremely low rate of fire,usually getting off one round before zombies come within melee range.

    Other than that its really great having these NPCS.

    Thanks again
    Edit these 2 lines in the NPC Entities.xml file:

    <property name="HireCurrency" value="casinoCoin" /><property name="HireCost" value="1000" />

    The HireCurrency can be any item, like a rock or a bullet and the HireCost is the number of those things needed. Easiest just to make hire cost a smaller number.

    I see where darkStar put the chainsaw sound on this NPC by mistake. I will fix and push in next patch.

    As far as the low rate of fire, Sphereii is working on a property where they can guard a position using ranged weapon and not close the distance all the time. Since we are using the in game AI there are limits to what we can do but I will play with it a bit more.
    Last edited by xyth; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:53 PM.

  5. #560
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    I am using DMT.

  6. #561
    Community Moderator xyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlood View Post
    I am using DMT.
    If your using DMT on windows with default settings then the log should be in your user profile in: AppData/LocalLow/The Fun Pimps/ 7 Days to Die/Player.log

  7. #562
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    Do you have the mod "SphereII NPC Dialog Windows" installed?
    Yeah, I'm a dummy. I thought of that this morning on my way to work.

    I'm not sure why it didn't download that modlet automatically, it is listed as a dependency. I installed the other dependency by hand , so maybe once it saw that dependency was installed, it quit checking the others?

    Also, when I went to download the dialogue modlet, I kept getting an application error (some kind of index out of range error). I'm going to just delete the whole thing and start over, hopefully that will work.

    Addendum: The error persisted even after deleting the entire game directory, but it went away after I restarted my computer. I saved the stack trace if you need it, but it seems like it would be fairly specific to my installation, so I don't know if that would help.
    Last edited by khzmusik; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:25 AM.

  8. #563
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for the help! Found the log. Ok here is the order of what I am doing:
    1. No other mods, Game is Alpha 18.1, DMT is 1.5.7.
    2. Using DMT, I build with Xyth NPC, Xyth Bandit, Sphereii Core, Sphereii Dialog. It build successfully and I click play on DMT.
    3. I notice instead of the original 4 files, there are now 6, a new Xyth NPC and Xyth Bandit folders.

    Issues:
    1. After clicking play, it skips the main menu screen and goes straight to my last game I was playing. This could mess up some of my other modded playthroughs.
    2. Many times, the game will load once after building, but the next time gets stuck infinitely loading and I have to verify game files. 1 file always has to be reacquired, then it works normal again.
    3. Once actually in the game, any entity can't move, but otherwise acts normal. NPCs, zombies, and animals.

    Here is the log: https://github.com/SteelBlood2/7-Day...r/player%20log

  9. #564
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    Edit these 2 lines in the NPC Entities.xml file:

    <property name="HireCurrency" value="casinoCoin" /><property name="HireCost" value="1000" />

    The HireCurrency can be any item, like a rock or a bullet and the HireCost is the number of those things needed. Easiest just to make hire cost a smaller number.

    I see where darkStar put the chainsaw sound on this NPC by mistake. I will fix and push in next patch.

    As far as the low rate of fire, Sphereii is working on a property where they can guard a position using ranged weapon and not close the distance all the time. Since we are using the in game AI there are limits to what we can do but I will play with it a bit more.
    oh nice,i edited RF:G mods before with notepad ++ ,didnt really think to be able to do it with 7DTD mods.

    I went in and had a look and found it.Nice one.

    As far as NPC ROF goes, you said about sphere adding a property ... "can guard a position using ranged weapon and not close the distance all the time",just to be clear the NPCs were not actually closing distance they would remain pretty static alot,and not have a long detection range(less than zombies it seems),the actual amount of times they decided to shoot was minimal,even when distance to threats were 10+/20+ meters away.

    Either way looking forward to any extra tweaks you guys can come up with.Love this mod.

  10. #565
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0
    Xyth,is it possible,and would you consider adding the ability to recruit the wolves or dogs in game?

    I know the dogs are zombie dogs but the wolves are not so it might make sense.Make currency a piece of meat or a rare food.
    I just got done playing FO4 and already miss dogmeat lol.

  11. #566
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,829
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlood View Post
    Thanks for the help! Found the log. Ok here is the order of what I am doing:
    1. No other mods, Game is Alpha 18.1, DMT is 1.5.7.
    2. Using DMT, I build with Xyth NPC, Xyth Bandit, Sphereii Core, Sphereii Dialog. It build successfully and I click play on DMT.
    3. I notice instead of the original 4 files, there are now 6, a new Xyth NPC and Xyth Bandit folders.

    Issues:
    1. After clicking play, it skips the main menu screen and goes straight to my last game I was playing. This could mess up some of my other modded playthroughs.
    2. Many times, the game will load once after building, but the next time gets stuck infinitely loading and I have to verify game files. 1 file always has to be reacquired, then it works normal again.
    3. Once actually in the game, any entity can't move, but otherwise acts normal. NPCs, zombies, and animals.

    Here is the log: https://github.com/SteelBlood2/7-Day...r/player%20log
    Looking through this log, I see this error:

    2019-11-14T21:43:19 0.146 INF [EAC] Not loading, not started from launcher
    Could not open file E:/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/resources.assets for read

    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/File/OpenFileCache.cpp Line: 56)

    Unknown error occurred while loading 'E:/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/resources.assets'.

    Looks like that file is corrupted. Can you re-validate your install, and re-run the game in vanilla to make sure it loads properly? Then try re-adding the mods.

  12. #567
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    I have to verify files every time after I build using DMT, and one file always has to be required. I believe this might be that file, which would mean it is getting corrupted whenever I build. I verified and restarted game again, and the same problems persisted.
    Last edited by SteelBlood; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:20 PM.

  13. #568
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,829
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlood View Post
    I have to verify files every time after I build using DMT, and one file always has to be required. I believe this might be that file, which would mean it is getting corrupted whenever I build. I verified and restarted game again, and the same problems persisted.
    The file being re-verified and re-downloaded is Assembly-CSharp.dll, as DMT modifies it. It does not, however, modify or touch Resources.assets.

    You should not have to re-verify every time you build using DMT, unless you are deleting your back ups in DMT, which is a manual task.

    Do you have any anti-virus software that might be causing issues?

  14. #569
    Community Moderator xyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Redarmy45 View Post
    As far as NPC ROF goes, you said about sphere adding a property ... "can guard a position using ranged weapon and not close the distance all the time",just to be clear the NPCs were not actually closing distance they would remain pretty static alot,and not have a long detection range(less than zombies it seems),the actual amount of times they decided to shoot was minimal,even when distance to threats were 10+/20+ meters away.

    I pushed an update that edits the ammoNPC to walk toward his prey rather than run, and increased his rate of fire. Seems to work well, but needs testing. Note I didnt edit the other ranged ones made by DarkStarDragon so be sure to test on the AmmoNPC.

    Also, the Ammo NPC has an AITask to Guard a position and try to stay around that spot rather than close to the entity. Its a work in progress, designed if you wanted to put a guard into a position on a base wall and not have it jump down and charge. You can try removing that AI task and renumbering the following 2 tasks, so its now:

    <property name="AITask-8" value="GuardSDX, Mods"/>
    <property name="AITask-9" value="WanderSDX, Mods"/>
    <property name="AITask-10" value="" />

    And you could change that to:

    <!-- <property name="AITask-8" value="GuardSDX, Mods"/> -->
    <property name="AITask-8" value="WanderSDX, Mods"/>
    <property name="AITask-9" value="" />

    if you wanted to play around with that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Redarmy45 View Post
    Xyth,is it possible,and would you consider adding the ability to recruit the wolves or dogs in game?

    I know the dogs are zombie dogs but the wolves are not so it might make sense.Make currency a piece of meat or a rare food.
    I just got done playing FO4 and already miss dogmeat lol.
    yes its possible. Blooms Animal husbandry already has that core functionality and would just need to dog and wolf models added, and those would need some appropriate AI tasks added from the NPC mod. Nothing I can get to anytime soon, but it should be doable with the existing resources.

  15. #570
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    I pushed an update that edits the ammoNPC to walk toward his prey rather than run, and increased his rate of fire. Seems to work well, but needs testing. Note I didnt edit the other ranged ones made by DarkStarDragon so be sure to test on the AmmoNPC.

    Also, the Ammo NPC has an AITask to Guard a position and try to stay around that spot rather than close to the entity. Its a work in progress, designed if you wanted to put a guard into a position on a base wall and not have it jump down and charge. You can try removing that AI task and renumbering the following 2 tasks, so its now:

    <property name="AITask-8" value="GuardSDX, Mods"/>
    <property name="AITask-9" value="WanderSDX, Mods"/>
    <property name="AITask-10" value="" />

    And you could change that to:

    <!-- <property name="AITask-8" value="GuardSDX, Mods"/> -->
    <property name="AITask-8" value="WanderSDX, Mods"/>
    <property name="AITask-9" value="" />

    if you wanted to play around with that.

    - - - Updated - - -



    yes its possible. Blooms Animal husbandry already has that core functionality and would just need to dog and wolf models added, and those would need some appropriate AI tasks added from the NPC mod. Nothing I can get to anytime soon, but it should be doable with the existing resources.
    Sweet.Might make a nice addition to the mod.

    I was just playing there and NPCAMMO one sht me in the back of the head insta killing me lol.He WAS recruited,trying to hit a zombie,i got in the way...In description you said friendly fir is off,is that just NPC to NPC or is there a bug? I also accidently hit him with my torch and his health started dropping down by ALOT,like 300-400 points in a matter of 5 seconds,activating him paused it/stopped it.

    If these are known issues or normal sorry,just wana report anyway to let you know. Im on vanilla Alpha18 normal steam version.

    EDIT
    sorry i just reread post seeing you updated.What i just reported was in previous version though might still apply.Thanks for update il download it now and give it a try with him
    Last edited by Redarmy45; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •