Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: NPCs SDX Mod

Colony Founder
    It's ok guys, take your time. Real life is higher priority.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.devolver View Post
    It's ok guys, take your time. Real life is higher priority.
    That's what the wives keep telling to us....

Refugee
    srry, i didn’t know the current situation him

take care of yourself
    Last edited by nyoro; 06-21-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Tracker
    anybody able to help me figure out why the NPCs do not take orders but can be hired on my Dedicated Server?

The mod works fine on singleplayer, and I have all other SDX mods like Wandering Traders and Bandits working fine.

There are no errors in my logs at all and the mod does not fail to load.

Refugee
    I seem to be having this issue as well.

Tracker
    I've been out of the loop for a while and i went to get the files again (i'm running the latest alpha version of 7D2D) and i've gotten an error.

I've added a JPG link from the error below so you can view it. It won't produce an actual log because it's freezing before it gets to that point.

https://ibb.co/6g0n2Ry

Can anyone give me an update, or link, to the files i might need? I know, sometimes, you guys have patches off the beaten path links to update patches you sometimes make and i wanna get back into the loop. I noticed you fellas have added more NPCs and that's great because 7D2D, without your mods, seems a little boring at times.

I've gone and gotten all the base files and the SDX compiles completely clean and launches but, as i said, you may have some new patch files that might not be on the same links as page 1 so hit me
    Last edited by Kilroy5150; 07-10-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstardragon View Post

7D2D's version of an ED-209? LOL
    Last edited by Kilroy5150; 07-10-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy5150 View Post
    I've been out of the loop for a while and i went to get the files again (i'm running the latest alpha version of 7D2D) and i've gotten an error.

I've added a JPG link from the error below so you can view it. It won't produce an actual log because it's freezing before it gets to that point.

https://ibb.co/6g0n2Ry

Can anyone give me an update, or link, to the files i might need? I know, sometimes, you guys have patches off the beaten path links to update patches you sometimes make and i wanna get back into the loop. I noticed you fellas have added more NPCs and that's great because 7D2D, without your mods, seems a little boring at times.

I've gone and gotten all the base files and the SDX compiles completely clean and launches but, as i said, you may have some new patch files that might not be on the same links as page 1 so hit me
    Sorry for the delay, I couldn't see the picture from work. Looks like a non-SDX error; I've seen that issue in vanilla. It's something about the network protocol that is being used. Can you try to re-validate?

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    Sorry for the delay, I couldn't see the picture from work. Looks like a non-SDX error; I've seen that issue in vanilla. It's something about the network protocol that is being used. Can you try to re-validate?
    When and did a clear-out (re-validate) of the files back to vanilla, through Steam. First boot, created a new game, worked like a charm. After i did the SDX compilation, made the same new game, the error came up so it's related directly to the SDX mod situation.

My guess is: There may be some updated files, that aren't on page 1, that you may have written in. I remember you've sent me links that weren't always on page 1 in the past that were updates.

Do you keep all of your latest, up-to-date stuff, in the same directory? Some of those directories, from page 1, were posting in as a couple of months old.
    Last edited by Kilroy5150; 07-10-2019 at 10:55 PM.

When and did a clear-out (re-validate) of the files back to vanilla, through Steam. First boot, created a new game, worked like a charm. After i did the SDX compilation, made the same new game, the error came up so it's related directly to the SDX mod situation.

My guess is: There may be some updated files, that aren't on page 1, that you may have written in. I remember you've sent me links that weren't always on page 1 in the past that were updates.

Do you keep all of your latest, up-to-date stuff, in the same directory? Some of those directories, from page 1, were posting in as a couple of months old.
    All the links are always the most updated. I don't have any mod that touches the network layers. Do you have a full log file?

Tracker
    All the links are always the most updated. I don't have any mod that touches the network layers. Do you have a full log file?
    No, it doesn't get far enough to start a log. The freeze happens almost immediately after i hit the "start" key for the new game. I do understand what you're saying. I also understand that, with a clean 7 days to die, it runs fine. When i compile the mod, it happens so there is something there.

Would this help?

I did have a log, from the 8th, and it had the similar message i saw....Forgot it was in my wastebin.

https://pastebin.com/cvS3U5nX

I can't say, for sure, if it was after the compile but it does have the same error and i've not had the same error since i sent set back to default with steam. See if that tells you anything...

No, it doesn't get far enough to start a log. The freeze happens almost immediately after i hit the "start" key for the new game. I do understand what you're saying. I also understand that, with a clean 7 days to die, it runs fine. When i compile the mod, it happens so there is something there.

Would this help?

I did have a log, from the 8th, and it had the similar message i saw....Forgot it was in my wastebin.

https://pastebin.com/cvS3U5nX

I can't say, for sure, if it was after the compile but it does have the same error and i've not had the same error since i sent set back to default with steam. See if that tells you anything...
    Your log file indicates Alpha 17.2 was used. These mods would only work on 17.4

Tracker
    Your log file indicates Alpha 17.2 was used. These mods would only work on 17.4

Okay, i uninstalled, and reinstalled it and it runs into the same problem...i don't get it...it's 17.4 (well, it says 17.4 and i selected 17.4) maybe Steam is having problems recognizing numbers :P

I gave you an old log but all i can guess was that Steam rolled back, from 17.4 to 17.2, but it was on 17.4 the whole time and you needed a log and it was the only one i could find.
    Last edited by Kilroy5150; 07-11-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Tracker
    Okay, i uninstalled, and reinstalled it and it runs into the same problem...i don't get it...it's 17.4 (well, it says 17.4 and i selected 17.4) maybe Steam is having problems recognizing numbers :P

I gave you an old log but all i can guess was that Steam rolled back, from 17.4 to 17.2, but it was on 17.4 the whole time and you needed a log and it was the only one i could find.

Holy crap, i was RIGHT....I'm choosing 17.4, reinstalled it FOUR times, and it ends up being 17.2.......Steam is screwed up!!!!

You were right, i had to delete (from several locations) but Steam was saying 17.4 (on the list) and i couldn't see the 17.2 until the loading screen. I was just ignoring it because i didn't think Steam could get THAT messed up.

LOL :P
    Last edited by Kilroy5150; 07-11-2019 at 05:08 AM.