Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NPCs SDX Mod

NPCs SDX Mod

NPCs SDX Mod

Screenshot.jpg

Description

Testing version (1.3) of a mod that introduces dynamic NPC characters into the game. These NPCs require most of Sphereii's new SDX scripts, and these dependencies will be enforced upon loading this mod with either SDX or the mod launcher. Many issues probably exist and we need help testing to make these NPCs work better.

This mod adds 5 new NPCs to the game. Unlike previous NPCs, these can be hired then issued orders to stay, follow, guard, patrol eat, drink, and can even loot POIs for you. All this is configured in XML. Once hired, you cannot kill them, nor can another hireling or allies in your party hurt them. This blocks friendly fire issues. Non hired NPCs are fair game. They are currently set to spawn in the friendly animal spawn group, but you can change that in xml. They will require food and drink added to a storage container, or in their backpack, otherwise they will look for food and water in the game.

You set the patrol route by giving the learn patrol route command then you walk that chosen route. At the end of the route order the NPC to patrol. Other commands, like stay, guard, follow should be self explanatory.

In xml you can set what the NPCs eat and drink, what they use for a toilet and what they defecate (if you turn that on), whats their home block, what they use for a bed, food containers, etc. Take a look at the xml and read the comments. The NPCs are an adaptation of the animals used for another mod, so if you want NPCs to breed and lay eggs, well, that could happen with the right xml. Just don't ask me to help you with that :-)

Installing

The NPC mod is found in the sdx section of the mod launcher or in my repo here:

https://github.com/7D2D/A17SDXMods

This is an SDX mod so it must be compiled with SDX 0.7.3 or later, or loaded by the mod launcher. This mod has several dependencies that must be compiled with this mod for it to work properly. These are:

<dependency>AnimationSDX</dependency>
    <dependency>SDX_EntityAliveSDX</dependency>
    <dependency>aXUi_Dialog</dependency>
    <dependency>Patch_Entity</dependency>

Find those dependency mods here: https://github.com/7D2DMods/SDXMods
    The Patch_Entiity is here: https://github.com/7D2D/A17Mods

Change Log
    Version 1.3 : Fixed ammo dupe with Traders mod.
    Version 1.21 : Fixed Harley sound error..
    Version 1.20 : Removed entanglement and dependencies from Blooms Animal modlet
    Version 1.12 : Removed zombie buffs from weapons
    Version 1.11 : Added dependency on Patch_Entity to fix bleedondeath error
    Version 1.1 : Initial release

Known Issues

Some minor sliding in and out of animations on Harley Quinn as she is using an old animation controller. That will be fixed at some point.

The dependencies need to be sorted out and streamlined, you need to load more than you eventually will need to at this point. Want NPCs? You gotta have a few cows too :-)

No training guide. Sphereii posted details on each new script that contains lots of info on your xml options. But if your confused, feel free to ask questions here. Well, except questions about egg laying....

Credits

First, thanks to SphereII for creating all the new AI tasks and scripts that make these NPCs possible.

And a shout out to Mumpfy who edited the base meshes and retextured several of these new entities.
    Last edited by xyth; 05-17-2019 at 08:53 PM.

<dependency>SDX_ItemActions</dependency> is not there ?

Quote Originally Posted by belfegor View Post
    <dependency>SDX_ItemActions</dependency> is not there ?
    Sphereii just pushed it to his repo. Try again.

great ! Thanks! i will test it

Tracker
    Very excited to try this out!

+1 very interesting stuff!!
    Mod(idea)s like 7 Days to Fallout are getting into range...

Quote Originally Posted by rucky View Post
    +1 very interesting stuff!!
    Mod(idea)s like 7 Days to Fallout are getting into range...
    I'm actually working on some Nuka Cola stuff at the moment. Haha.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Bout time...

nice work as usual guys.

Tracker
    The NPCs look great
    But, my empty jars have quality and don't stack...
    If it's only me that's having this problem, I'll go find out what I might have done

Colony Founder
    FINALLY !!!

The best mod ever is out! I must try it asap!!!

Quick question. When you say "In xml you can set what the NPCs eat and drink, what they use for a toilet and what they defecate (if you turn that on), whats their home block, what they use for a bed, food containers, etc. Take a look at the xml and read the comments.", do you mean we need to edit xml or it's optional and we can just use the defaults?

You can just use the defaults as that's what we used during testing. If you only want them to drink beer you wouls make that change in xml. The jars not stacking is an artifact of cow things and will be fixed hopefully today.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    You can just use the defaults as that's what we used during testing. If you only want them to drink beer you wouls make that change in xml. The jars not stacking is an artifact of cow things and will be fixed hopefully today.
    Oh wow, I didn't realize it had such complex possibilities. If you want to go that deep, maybe you could somehow make it so that random characters will have random taste? One would prefer beer, another would need coffee, while some other npc would prefer just water?

Tracker
    Oh good, it wasn't something I did! Thank you, thank you, I'll be looking forward to the fix.

Sphereii's SDX code modlets are very flexible and powerful. In testing we only scratched the surface of what's possible. He documented each class which shows how they are used. My NPCs are just samples we used in testing with xml that seems to provide a stable NPC. For example, move the Maslow task before the patrol task and the NPC will often fail to patrol because hes worried about his next meal. So its best to read Sphereiis documentation before changing things.