Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 512

Thread: NPCs SDX Mod

  1. #496
    Refugee Taylorsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    That reminds me of Fallout 1 and 2 color scheme but higher quality textures. I want it !

  2. #497
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylorsd View Post
    That reminds me of Fallout 1 and 2 color scheme but higher quality textures. I want it !

    Right? And this is their OLD interface....I mean how do you go from awesome to boring? In so many words, somebody didn't listen to the fans. But i talked with someone, i can't say who, that told me that the "older" staff never really listened to players all that well.

  3. #498
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    I'd love to help test this mod but I could just not get it to work. Installation was extremely complicated (I create mods for other games such as Skyrim or Total War Warhammer 2 so im used to the technical aspects of getting mods to work). I tried the 7d2d launcher but there was no sdx option if that was the launcher you were referring to in your post. I also tried using the SDX launcher but got a Microsoft NET error and couldn't build anything (I have NET 4.7). Also, since all the mods and dependencies on GitHub are in different places, the only options to download them is to download everything. For example to download the NPC file you also have to download the wandering trader and bandit files. Same problem with the pages for the dependencies which is a lot longer.

    This mod looks like the last thing I need to perfect my 7D2D game so I would love to get it working and dont mind the occasional bug which I would be happy to report. Thanks for all your hard work modding!
    Last edited by SteelBlood; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:54 PM.

  4. #499
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    21,429
    Rep Power
    1
    Sdx has been replaced by dtm; look for that in the launcher.

  5. #500
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,665
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlood View Post
    I'd love to help test this mod but I could just not get it to work. Installation was extremely complicated (I create mods for other games such as Skyrim or Total War Warhammer 2 so im used to the technical aspects of getting mods to work). I tried the 7d2d launcher but there was no sdx option if that was the launcher you were referring to in your post. I also tried using the SDX launcher but got a Microsoft NET error and couldn't build anything (I have NET 4.7). Also, since all the mods and dependencies on GitHub are in different places, the only options to download them is to download everything. For example to download the NPC file you also have to download the wandering trader and bandit files. Same problem with the pages for the dependencies which is a lot longer.

    This mod looks like the last thing I need to perfect my 7D2D game so I would love to get it working and dont mind the occasional bug which I would be happy to report. Thanks for all your hard work modding!
    Glad you are interested.

    This is the tool: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...T-Modding-Tool

    and this is the main repos: https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/

    You can include the files from Xyth's post for extra NPCs and features. Download the repos, and use DMT to point to it as a Mods folder.

  6. #501
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks so much for the reply sphereii! I'll work on it and see if the tool helps make it work for me. Keep up the good work and thanks for being so patient on forums, a lot of mod authors aren't like that.

  7. #502
    Refugee huannan5300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    Currency: item=549 m=0 ut=0 Faction: 6
    Adding Buff for Attack Target()
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at EAIMaslowLevel1SDX.PerformAction () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EAIMaslowLevel1SDX.CheckForFoodBin () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EAIMaslowLevel1SDX.CanExecute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EAITaskList.OnUpdateTasks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EAIManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EntityAlive.updateTasks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EntityAlive.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EntityNPC.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EntityAliveSDX.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

    (Filename: Line: -1)

  8. #503
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    So I downloaded the SDX tool, this is the order I did things.

    1. After trying SDX tool first time, got some errors.
    2. Verified integrity of game, fixed files SDX changed.
    3. Put NPC mod and all 4 dependencies into mod folder. They were the only mods in folder.
    4. Selected NPC mod and all 4 dependencies and pressed build.
    5. No matter what I always get an error saying the dependencies are being used by another process and it fails to build.

    Anything I'm doing wrong and can do to fix this?

  9. #504
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,665
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlood View Post
    So I downloaded the SDX tool, this is the order I did things.

    1. After trying SDX tool first time, got some errors.
    2. Verified integrity of game, fixed files SDX changed.
    3. Put NPC mod and all 4 dependencies into mod folder. They were the only mods in folder.
    4. Selected NPC mod and all 4 dependencies and pressed build.
    5. No matter what I always get an error saying the dependencies are being used by another process and it fails to build.

    Anything I'm doing wrong and can do to fix this?
    This doesn't sound like a feature of SDX / DMT. Do you have any on-access anti-virus scanners that may be interrupting it?

  10. #505
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    I just have the free trial version of AVG. I'm pretty sure it's not interrupting anything, since I can successfully build sometimes. If it was anti virus I would never be able to. But I can only successfully build when its like just 1 file. If I add in other files it says the file is being used by another process. But I tried it when the only program open was the SDX tool. I even tried it with both steam on and off. Only background programs I have running are AVG and NVIDA control panel.

  11. #506
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm having installation troubles, myself. Using 17.4, newly downloaded. DMT, newly installed. Only AnimationSDX, aXUI_Dialog, Patch_Entity, SDX_EntityAliveSDX, Xyth Bandits, Xyth NPCs, and Xyth Wandering Traders installed. Whether I check them all off or just AnimationSDX, I get the same error:

    Running BackupFiles
    Backup dll found: K:\K Mods\7 Days to Die\Manager/Backups/SP/17.4b4/Assembly-CSharp.dll
    Running DeployDlls
    Deploying DLLs
    Running LocalisationPatch
    Running InitialPatchTask
    Compiling PatchScripts assembly for InitialPatch...
    Built patch file in 554ms
    PatchMods compile successful
    Found patcher mods: 1

    Hooking console commands
    Running CreateModDll
    Compiling Mods.dll...
    Built in 539ms
    g:\Full Games\7 Days to Die\Mods - DMT\AnimationSDX\Scripts\MecanimSDX.cs(992,35): error CS0103: The name 'ResourceWrapper' does not exist in the current context
    Failed to compile Mods.dll
    Build failed

    process exited with error code -1



    (g:\Full Games\7 Days to Die\Mods - DMT\AnimationSDX\Scripts\MecanimSDX.cs(992,35): error CS0103: The name 'ResourceWrapper' does not exist in the current context) is in yellow

    (Failed to compile Mods.dll
    Build failed

    process exited with error code -1) is in red

    I don't know what else to do. I'm reading through the thread (on page 14 and counting) I googled everything about ResourceWrapper I could find, as well as any tutorials on installing this. Nothing came up. I initially tried this with SDX, but updated a few hours ago when I discovered DMT through my troubleshooting efforts. Any help would be appreciated.

    EDIT: Turns out the link on the front page is out of date. I found this one in the forums and realized Animations was 3 months old there and 4 months old in another. Did the trick. https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/

    EDIT 2: How do I get the npcs to loot for me? Asking them about themselves does nothing. I see no readme or details on the subject. Please, and thank you.
    Last edited by Tristam; 1 Week Ago at 04:54 PM.

  12. #507
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,665
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristam View Post
    I'm having installation troubles, myself. Using 17.4, newly downloaded. DMT, newly installed. Only AnimationSDX, aXUI_Dialog, Patch_Entity, SDX_EntityAliveSDX, Xyth Bandits, Xyth NPCs, and Xyth Wandering Traders installed. Whether I check them all off or just AnimationSDX, I get the same error:

    Running BackupFiles
    Backup dll found: K:\K Mods\7 Days to Die\Manager/Backups/SP/17.4b4/Assembly-CSharp.dll
    Running DeployDlls
    Deploying DLLs
    Running LocalisationPatch
    Running InitialPatchTask
    Compiling PatchScripts assembly for InitialPatch...
    Built patch file in 554ms
    PatchMods compile successful
    Found patcher mods: 1

    Hooking console commands
    Running CreateModDll
    Compiling Mods.dll...
    Built in 539ms
    g:\Full Games\7 Days to Die\Mods - DMT\AnimationSDX\Scripts\MecanimSDX.cs(992,35): error CS0103: The name 'ResourceWrapper' does not exist in the current context
    Failed to compile Mods.dll
    Build failed

    process exited with error code -1



    (g:\Full Games\7 Days to Die\Mods - DMT\AnimationSDX\Scripts\MecanimSDX.cs(992,35): error CS0103: The name 'ResourceWrapper' does not exist in the current context) is in yellow

    (Failed to compile Mods.dll
    Build failed

    process exited with error code -1) is in red

    I don't know what else to do. I'm reading through the thread (on page 14 and counting) I googled everything about ResourceWrapper I could find, as well as any tutorials on installing this. Nothing came up. I initially tried this with SDX, but updated a few hours ago when I discovered DMT through my troubleshooting efforts. Any help would be appreciated.

    EDIT: Turns out the link on the front page is out of date. I found this one in the forums and realized Animations was 3 months old there and 4 months old in another. Did the trick. https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/

    EDIT 2: How do I get the npcs to loot for me? Asking them about themselves does nothing. I see no readme or details on the subject. Please, and thank you.
    Glad you were able to figure it out. Yes, the new repos contains the fixed AnimationSDX.

    The loot AI task is experimental, and not sure how well it works. You would need to add it to the AI Task list for it show up in the dialog.

  13. #508
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you. Yes, I discovered your notes inside the folders after some digging. No idea how to add it to the task list yet, but I'll try it. Your notes also said that the pathing the AI uses does some "zombie" on its way. I don't know what that means. Does it mean they get distracted by enemies? That they burst through walls to get the loot like zombies? Lastly, did you update the front page or are you purposely leaving the new info in the middle of the thread so people need to read through? (I wouldn't blame you)

  14. #509
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,665
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristam View Post
    Thank you. Yes, I discovered your notes inside the folders after some digging. No idea how to add it to the task list yet, but I'll try it. Your notes also said that the pathing the AI uses does some "zombie" on its way. I don't know what that means. Does it mean they get distracted by enemies? That they burst through walls to get the loot like zombies? Lastly, did you update the front page or are you purposely leaving the new info in the middle of the thread so people need to read through? (I wouldn't blame you)
    The original post is probably out of date because I change repos too much for others to keep up, sadly. In A18, I want to unify them, and drop SDX and go with DMT fully.

    Sometimes zombies will start punching blocks or not navigate correctly around obstacles that you'd expect a human to be able to too.

  15. #510
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you. I'm going to try to add it myself, but if you want to give me some details on how it's done, it would definitely save me a headache. Thanks for all your great mods in general though. You and Xyth are the truth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •