Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NPCs SDX Mod

Quote Originally Posted by mr.devolver View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't realize it had such complex possibilities. If you want to go that deep, maybe you could somehow make it so that random characters will have random taste? One would prefer beer, another would need coffee, while some other npc would prefer just water?
    Depending on who uses what, we can add a lot of randomness to the NPCs, even including random skill perk / progression values that make them naturally better at some things.

The issue with giving random tastes is communicating to you what those random tastes are. We touched a bit on the dialog system, but there's more work that needs done. Maybe have an option where you can ask them their preferences and they tell you. Maybe they don't tell you but offer you some context clues? "Dude is always raiding the beer fridge...."

Colony Founder
    By the way, I was trying to install this mod using mod launcher, but when I wanted to add the dependencies, I couldn't find these in the list:
    <dependency>SDX_SpawnFromEntityGroup</dependency>
    <dependency>SDX_ItemActions</dependency>

Is it currently only possible to install it using SDX itself?

I don't see them in the launcher either. I'll see if Sphereii can link those today.

Colony Founder
    Thanks, I will use SDX for now.

By the way, I was trying to install this mod using mod launcher, but when I wanted to add the dependencies, I couldn't find these in the list:
    <dependency>SDX_SpawnFromEntityGroup</dependency>
    <dependency>SDX_ItemActions</dependency>

Is it currently only possible to install it using SDX itself?
    They should be available now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chikorina View Post
    The NPCs look great
    But, my empty jars have quality and don't stack...
    If it's only me that's having this problem, I'll go find out what I might have done
    Jars should be fixed as well.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    They should be available now.

- - - Updated - - -

Jars should be fixed as well.
    Thank you, so I decided to go with mod launcher in the end and I can confirm, those two dependencies are already there!

I have a question that just came to my mind though. I love to play with Wandering Traders as well as Bandits, are these mods compatible with this new NPCs mod and if so, what would happen if this friendly NPC met with Bandit? Would they consider each other as enemy? I believe they should, that would be cool!

Thank you, so I decided to go with mod launcher in the end and I can confirm, those two dependencies are already there!

I have a question that just came to my mind though. I love to play with Wandering Traders as well as Bandits, are these mods compatible with this new NPCs mod and if so, what would happen if this friendly NPC met with Bandit? Would they consider each other as enemy? I believe they should, that would be cool!
    Look in the Bloom's Animal Husbandry's NPC.xml and see how the Factions are set up. This determines enemy status.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    Look in the Bloom's Animal Husbandry's NPC.xml and see how the Factions are set up. This determines enemy status.
    Interesting. Do I have to manually set up the relationships in this file then? Because I don't see the traders, bandits or human NPCs in this file.

Tracker
    Thank you for the jars! Running nicely now.

Interesting. Do I have to manually set up the relationships in this file then? Because I don't see the traders, bandits or human NPCs in this file.
    Its an example of how the factions are set up for the animals. You'd have to implement your own faction support, and the bandits would have to use some, but not all, the AI Tasks from the NPC traders for it to work.

Bandits and wandering traders are compatible with this mod. Bandits should attack npcs on sight. Npcs may attack on sight but will attack back if attacked. Same with the traders, but the traders will shoot bandits on sight. Traders and bandits do not use factions but attack based on entity class. I might change that at some point.
    Last edited by xyth; 04-25-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Colony Founder
    More missing dependencies in mod launcher:
    SDX_EAITasks
    SDX_Quests
    SDX_Buffs

More missing dependencies in mod launcher:
    SDX_EAITasks
    SDX_Quests
    SDX_Buffs
    Thanks, fixed.

Colony Founder
    Xyth, I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I'm posting it here just in case it has something to do with this particular mod. So I installed all of them: Bandits, Wandering traders and this NPCs mod. I encountered BanditArcher but it was killed by a zombie in the snow biome and just when that happened, console showed up with this message:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

Xyth, I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I'm posting it here just in case it has something to do with this particular mod. So I installed all of them: Bandits, Wandering traders and this NPCs mod. I encountered BanditArcher but it was killed by a zombie in the snow biome and just when that happened, console showed up with this message:
    I'll do some testing to confirm...Thanks

Bug confirmed. Apparently a vanilla bug that Khaine found a work around for. I will write the xpath patch and upload later today.
    Last edited by xyth; 04-25-2019 at 06:24 PM.