Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: NPCs SDX Mod

Quote Originally Posted by rucky View Post
    But you could add a parameter for that so people could set it so, or another option would be to tie it to the PVP flag in the options...
    We could do that. But not all NPCs will want to be hired, and some will be looters / junkers / bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    We could do that. But not all NPCs will want to be hired, and some will be looters / junkers / bandits.
    true, but don't they have all their own xml entries?

Quote Originally Posted by rucky View Post
    true, but don't they have all their own xml entries?
    Yes. Their XML will describe their base attribute. Then, on spawn in, they'll go through a randomization process to add more diversity to the individuals. We may not be able to put in dozens and dozens of unique models, but we can get them to have random elements to make each encounter a bit less certain.

I can add more NPCs when needed. The ones currently in the mod were for testing and for future crafter roles like baker and farmer. I'm not planning on adding new NPCs just for "variety", I will leave that to others. It takes a lot of effort to make a "finished" custom entity.
    Last edited by xyth; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:01 PM.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    It takes a lot of effort to make a "finished" custom entity.
    i confirm that !

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjoki View Post
    i confirm that !
    i double confirm that lol, the more i talk to xyth about animating these entities the further i feel im going down the rabbit hole

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    It takes a lot of effort to make a "finished" custom entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstardragon View Post
    i double confirm that lol, the more i talk to xyth about animating these entities the further i feel im going down the rabbit hole
    Well, I'm not much of a modder, but if it helps, I can confirm that it's always VERY appreciated when you guys add more stuff to this mod, because I absolutely love it and I will always love to help you test it thoroughly in my gaming sessions which are always several hours long!

Seriously, I would get bored in vanilla, but I can keep playing for hours with this mod, so you are doing something right!
    Last edited by mr.devolver; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:12 PM.

Colony Founder
    Hey Darkstardragon,

I was on my way to my base at late night and when I went around this bus, I noticed some movement inside. I came closer and look who I found there hiding behind the seats trying to get a free ride home!

Thats classic

Colony Founder
    Sphereii, sometimes I get some red message in console, but it's always pushed away very fast by the stats messages. Is there any way I can temporarily turn off the stats messages so that when this red message shows up again, I will be able to read it and find it in the log?

Alternatively, here's the last log full of these stats, but also the error messages:
    output_log
    Last edited by mr.devolver; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.devolver View Post
    Sphereii, sometimes I get some red message in console, but it's always pushed away very fast by the stats messages. Is there any way I can temporarily turn off the stats messages so that when this red message shows up again, I will be able to read it and find it in the log?

Alternatively, here's the last log full of these stats, but also the error messages:
    output_log
    I can review the log tonight; media fire is blocked at my work.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    I can review the log tonight; media fire is blocked at my work.
    Sorry for that, but the log was really huge, pastebin.com wouldn't accept it, so I had to compress it.

Oh, one more thing. For some reason, my companion just disappeared like maybe after 3-4 days or so and we weren't even at trader's base. First I thought that he got stuck somewhere and stopped following me, but then I realized that we have the teleport now so this shouldn't be an issue, so I checked the map and he was really gone. Could it be that the game eventually despawns some entities? Assuming that this is the case, maybe you could put something there to protect at least hired NPCs from being auto-despawned by the game itself?
    Last edited by mr.devolver; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.devolver View Post
    Sorry for that, but the log was really huge, pastebin.com wouldn't accept it, so I had to compress it.

Oh, one more thing. For some reason, my companion just disappeared like maybe after 3-4 days or so and we weren't even at trader's base. First I thought that he got stuck somewhere and stopped following me, but then I realized that we have the teleport now so this shouldn't be an issue, so I checked the map and he was really gone. Could it be that the game eventually despawns some entities? Assuming that this is the case, maybe you could put something there to protect at least hired NPCs from being auto-despawned by the game itself?
    No worries about the log file. I appreciate providing them.

The NPCs do change their spawner so they shouldn't despawn. I will look at putting in some kind of notification for when they despawn, then maybe we can figure out why. Something that won't get lost in log files.

never bring a hammer to a knife fight