Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixing Navezgane bridges (and more), trying to modify existing prefabs

Refugee
    There we go, I made all the files available on Nexusmods if you're interested, thanks again! https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/323/

There's still a small issue on one of the bridges caused by the terrain, some dirt is on top of the road:
    dirt.jpg
    It's not a big issue, but it brings me to a question I have with another POI in the game:
    Is there a block that can be placed to remove any terrain block but is then removed after the generation, basically acts like air but isn't bound to the CopyAirBlocks property in the prefab xml?
    I basically want to do 2 things with that:
    - keep the copy air blocks disabled but remove anything the terrain might put in certain locations (so I can get rid of that dirt for example)
    - remove water from POIs that have generation under water, copy air blocks doesn't seem to replace the water blocks, you can check that in the Docks_3 prefab that is used in Navezgane. By default the copy air blocks is disabled (so a good part of the underground is full of dirt and stone, zombies are trapped in dirt), but even if enabled it only removes the ground and not the water.
    Last edited by Gornemant; 05-05-2019 at 11:33 PM. Reason: inglesh gud gud

Quote Originally Posted by Gornemant View Post
    There we go, I made all the files available on Nexusmods if you're interested, thanks again! https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/323/
    Thanks man, these will be replacing my vanilla bridges, very cool.

There's still a small issue on one of the bridges caused by the terrain, some dirt is on top of the road:
    dirt.jpg
    It's not a big issue, but it brings me to a question I have with another POI in the game:
    Is there a block that can be placed to remove any terrain block but is then removed after the generation, basically acts like air but isn't bound to the CopyAirBlocks property in the prefab xml?
    I basically want to do 2 things with that:
    - keep the copy air blocks disabled but remove anything the terrain might put in certain locations (so I can get rid of that dirt for example)
    - remove water from POIs that have generation under water, copy air blocks doesn't seem to replace the water blocks, you can check that in the Docks_3 prefab that is used in Navezgane. By default the copy air blocks is disabled (so a good part of the underground is full of dirt and stone, zombies are trapped in dirt), but even if enabled it only removes the ground and not the water.
    Theres a little bit to the answer if Im understanding correctly. You can create seperate air prefabs underground, I released a pack of biome and earth based blocks. If you have copy air blocks off, it may guve you empty space in the overlapped areas underground though i havent tried it.

For completely removing water from a prefab, i would just open in Pille editor and replace the water with air, which will fill if the prefab is set to not copy the air blocks.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Krunch View Post
    Theres a little bit to the answer if Im understanding correctly. You can create seperate air prefabs underground, I released a pack of biome and earth based blocks. If you have copy air blocks off, it may give you empty space in the overlapped areas underground though i havent tried it.

For completely removing water from a prefab, i would just open in Pille editor and replace the water with air, which will fill if the prefab is set to not copy the air blocks.
    You're welcome.

So basically make a new block that acts like air but isn't one? Thought about it, was wondering if there was already something similar by default in the game.

The prefab doesn't have any water in it (except for a small specific location), the water comes from the terrain itself, the prefab is placed ignoring the terrain and the air blocks ignore the water in the terrain even if the copyairblocks is set to true.

You're welcome.

So basically make a new block that acts like air but isn't one? Thought about it, was wondering if there was already something similar by default in the game.

The prefab doesn't have any water in it (except for a small specific location), the water comes from the terrain itself, the prefab is placed ignoring the terrain and the air blocks ignore the water in the terrain even if the copyairblocks is set to true.
    Heres my utility pack which which I made when learning how to use the prefab editor. The sizes and selection are decent but could be better.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...928#post961928

Was my first attempt, but honestly once you get quick with the ingame prefab and editor and Pille's editor, you will quickly get fast enough to make them as you need them esp for things like air and water. I use both a lot when Im doing town and city placement.

Just unzip and drop them into your prefab folder. Just try and remember which ones you are using so you wont need to add my entire pack in order to use a handful of prefabs from it when your map is done. Mess around with those and let me know if you have any questions.

Guys I know this might not be related, but I see you might know, I cannot create thread atm for I just joined but does somebody know how I could create a "colored" area on my map to make it the spawn area....like in purple or something...can I paint on it or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rival819 View Post
    Guys I know this might not be related, but I see you might know, I cannot create thread atm for I just joined but does somebody know how I could create a "colored" area on my map to make it the spawn area....like in purple or something...can I paint on it or something ?
    You could create a 10x20x1 concrete slab and paint it purple. Run around the slab and grab a handful of coordinates. Coordinates are read
    E/W, height, NS. Go into spawnpoints.xml in the map you are editing and replace the entries with the coordinates you got from the slab and replace them. Might also back the file up first in case its gets boned up. If the map isnt reveled you obv wont see it on map, but it will otherwise show up like any other prefab.

Thank you !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Krunch View Post
    You could create a 10x20x1 concrete slab and paint it purple. Run around the slab and grab a handful of coordinates. Coordinates are read
    E/W, height, NS. Go into spawnpoints.xml in the map you are editing and replace the entries with the coordinates you got from the slab and replace them. Might also back the file up first in case its gets boned up. If the map isnt reveled you obv wont see it on map, but it will otherwise show up like any other prefab.

Thx this was one of the way I tought......but wasnt too sure if there was a way to simply grab the map from the map folder and put it in paint then paint an area of it and replace it...

but I think I will do what you said because altought I tought about it....I never did think about painting them the color I want which is smart, thx a lot !!! I already did place spawnpoint, but it's only because I want to say in my server (no killing in this zone).

Server is "7DTD Quebec" if ever I Configured it with RAT also and some stuff, no mods but modified some XML's and got Alloc's Fixes and also Bad Company (BC editor), I expanded the inventory also, PVP, Lose only Toolbelt so you dont have to run and get all your material back, OR grabbed them and have to place things in inventory while a dozen zombies are there, you can go on longer trips also. Kill everyone, zombies are Walk all the time and jog on blood moon, a very enjoyable setting

All are welcome, Very stable !

Thx this was one of the way I tought......but wasnt too sure if there was a way to simply grab the map from the map folder and put it in paint then paint an area of it and replace it...

but I think I will do what you said because altought I tought about it....I never did think about painting them the color I want which is smart, thx a lot !!! I already did place spawnpoint, but it's only because I want to say in my server (no killing in this zone).

Server is "7DTD Quebec" if ever I Configured it with RAT also and some stuff, no mods but modified some XML's and got Alloc's Fixes and also Bad Company (BC editor), I expanded the inventory also, PVP, Lose only Toolbelt so you dont have to run and get all your material back, OR grabbed them and have to place things in inventory while a dozen zombies are there, you can go on longer trips also. Kill everyone, zombies are Walk all the time and jog on blood moon, a very enjoyable setting

All are welcome, Very stable !
    Thanks for the invite, I will stop modding and play again at some point lol. For my players on the last server, I did something similar where the players wake up next to a hospital bed in a 5x5x5 concrete room with a steel door that faces out and away from the prefab, which is square and has 5-20 similar spawn rooms, all with doors facing outward. I placed a large square area of gravel around it and told my guys no killing inside the gravel. I had another one where we put in a trader and walled the whole thing with bedrock, everyone got their own mini starting base as well as a place where i let them keep end game items and for storing stuff to carry over to next map.

Im from the 28 days later school of run all the time zombies and compensate this by lowering req and craft costs for making ammo usually.

I found out how to use prefab and how to level terrain and stuff with it....but I spawned a prefab in the air and it crashed my server but thats not important since I have a backup engine, was running 5 minute later, but I was wondering....if I build that slab underground and paint it purple ? It won't show on map right ?, so I would have to do a floor like this somewhere I guess.....but I logged into another server which had defined area in purple but it was still the wood....they manage to paint a transparent purple highlight.....I wonder if it was a mod or simply a file hack (modify it)....I'll check into it, if I find out I'll let you all know

I found out how to use prefab and how to level terrain and stuff with it....but I spawned a prefab in the air and it crashed my server but thats not important since I have a backup engine, was running 5 minute later, but I was wondering....if I build that slab underground and paint it purple ? It won't show on map right ?, so I would have to do a floor like this somewhere I guess.....but I logged into another server which had defined area in purple but it was still the wood....they manage to paint a transparent purple highlight.....I wonder if it was a mod or simply a file hack (modify it)....I'll check into it, if I find out I'll let you all know
    Custom biome maybe? Either that or a custom Rad zone, sorta beyond me there, seen them used but never used myself.