Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 17.3 Experimental B18 bug reporting thread

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Summary: Surfaces with advanced shading effects render incorrectly in bright colors
    Version: A17.3E b18
    Platform: Mac
    OS/Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    Game mode: single player

Did you wipe old saves? No
    Did you start a new save? Yes
    Did you validate your files? No, but first launch after pulling down this build
    Are you using any mods? No

Status: Bug was also present (on different saves) in these builds. Previous reports:
    A17E b194
    A17E b197
    A17E b199
    A17E b208
    A17E b221
    A17.1E b8
    A17.1E b9

Bug Description: Some world surfaces that use advanced shader techniques, including transparency, bump, glow, or specular effects, render with patches of solid, bright color, most often blue but also other primary & secondary colors. The effect is most pronounced at night and in areas in shadow.

Reproduce steps:
    Seed name= Navezgane
    Co ords= (1318, 61, -1333)

1) Start a new game.
    2) Move near the coordinates listed above.
    4) Look at the grass and sports bag.

Actual result: The grass and sports bag render with bits of bright blue and cyan color.

Expected result: Surfaces render photo-realistically.

Screenshot:

Output log:
    https://pastebin.com/xSzYpkfm

I do notice a few renderer-related warnings in this log.
    Code:
    WARNING: RGBA Compressed BC7 UNorm format is not supported, decompressing texture
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Setting to default shader.
    I know Hated is aware of this bug, but I'm making a formal report in part because it would be helpful to know if anyone else experiences this, and if so what their computer specs are.

Summary: Incorrect amount of meat when harvesting animals
    Version: 17.3
    Platform: (PC)
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode SP

Did you wipe old saves? (no)
    Did you start a new game? (yes)
    Did you validate your files? (no)
    Are you using any mods? (no)

Bug Description: Sometimes, I've got more than 100 meats when dismembering a boar. It's very random. Had 18 meats on a chicken too.

Reproduce steps: just try

Actual result: no more survival challenge...

Expected result: less food.

Refugee
    I cant shoot off the legs/Arms of a Zed anymore (since a17). Pls bring it back

This should be working in A17.3 again, my zombies lose limbs left and right.
    If this is not occuring for you, please state which weapon you are using and provide a screenshot of the zombie you're trying to do it to.
    -Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 05-08-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    Summary: Surfaces with advanced shading effects render incorrectly in bright colors
    Version: A17.3E b18
    Platform: Mac
    OS/Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    Game mode: single player

Did you wipe old saves? No
    Did you start a new save? Yes
    Did you validate your files? No, but first launch after pulling down this build

Status: Bug was also present (on different saves) in these builds. Previous reports:
    A17E b194
    A17E b197
    A17E b199
    A17E b208
    A17E b221
    A17.1E b8
    A17.1E b9

Bug Description: Some world surfaces that use advanced shader techniques, including transparency, bump, glow, or specular effects, render with patches of solid, bright color, most often blue but also other primary & secondary colors. The effect is most pronounced at night and in areas in shadow.

Reproduce steps:
    Seed name= Navezgane
    Co ords= (1318, 61, -1333)

1) Start a new game.
    2) Move near the coordinates listed above.
    4) Look at the grass and sports bag.

Actual result: The grass and sports bag render with bits of bright blue and cyan color.

Expected result: Surfaces render photo-realistically.

Screenshot:

Output log:
    https://pastebin.com/xSzYpkfm

I do notice a few renderer-related warnings in this log.
    Code:
    WARNING: RGBA Compressed BC7 UNorm format is not supported, decompressing texture
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Setting to default shader.
    I know Hated is aware of this bug, but I'm making a formal report in part because it would be helpful to know if anyone else experiences this, and if so what their computer specs are.
    Thanks for the info, but we have not yet been able to reproduce this bug.

BC7 is a compression format not supported by Unity on Mac OpenGL, but it should not break anything. It would just use more memory since it has to decompress those textures.

We will need to look at that shader warning.

Can you try running this command in the console:
    gfx pp enable 0
    That will disable all postprocessing.

The gfx command was how we determined what effect was casuing some Macs to render a very bright world.

Just wanted to mention the Random map generation is like a CPU stress test, it 100% all my 8 cores mainly at the start of creating the map on my i7.

Still, can not say its not using what is on offer eh...

----------

Also an Observation than a bug. In a city with THREE Funeral POI and a church.
    They either very religious or like death !

----------

Noticing GPU usage isn't being maxed, my 1080ti isn't at its top core speed even though I have headroom.

----------
    Last edited by Jay_ombie; 05-08-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Refugee
    Summary: FPS Plummets When Indoors POI
    Spoiler: 

Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 7
    Game mode: SP RWG

Did you wipe old saves? (yes
    Did you start a new game? (Yes
    Did you validate your files? /No)
    Are you using any mods? /No)
    EAC off

Bug Description: Going inside (or looking in the open door) of any POI structure slams my FPS down to the low 20s/30s. This is strange because I get buttery smooth 60 fps everywhere else, even walking down the street of a crowded town. As you can probably guess, melee combat in close quarters with a wildly swinging framerate is not a good time.

Reproduce steps: Go inside a POI. It's especially brutal when you walk into those wooded cabins that spawn in the snow biome, because they're small and uncomplicated and it makes no damn sense that it's destroying my framerate like that.

Actual result: FPS goes into toilet when indoors.

Expected result: FPS doesn't do that.

//END TICKET

So am I the only one with this issue? I've had it since 17.0 and nobody else seems to be complaining about it, and if it's just me, it's probably not going to be fixed. I'll be sad if I just can't play 7DTD anymore. Any other players experiencing this?

Can you provide me with screenshots of an example POI that is treating you badly?
    Also please attach an outputlog and a sceenshot of your videosetting for "quality"
    -Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 05-08-2019 at 08:26 PM.

20190508162159_1.jpg20190508162228_1.jpg Work seems to be progressing nicely!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    Work seems to be progressing nicely!!
    What's your seed? I'd love to check that out.

Zombie Hunter
    Summary: rwgmixer is confused.
    Version: 17.3 b8
    OS/Version: Linux
    Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV) RWG preview

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) yes
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) NA
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) YES
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No) see below
    EAC on or off ? NA

Bug Description: trader generation is backwards somehow. 8k has more than 16k.

Reproduce steps:

changed rwgmixer.xml with below lines

Code:
    <prefab_rule name="wildernessGroup">
    			<prefab rule="traderGroup" min_count="1" max_count="5"/>
    			<prefab name="settlement_trader_01" min_count="1" max_count="3" prob="2"/>
    			<prefab name="cabin_01" />
    			<prefab name="settlement_trader_02" min_count="1" max_count="3" prob="2"/>
    			<prefab name="cabin_02" />
    			<prefab name="settlement_trader_03" min_count="1" max_count="3" prob="2"/>
    			<prefab name="cabin_03" />
    			<prefab name="settlement_trader_04" min_count="1" max_count="3" prob="2"/>
    			<prefab name="cabin_04" />
    			<prefab name="settlement_trader_05" min_count="1" max_count="3" prob="2"/>

Actual result: 8k gives 50-65 traders, while 16k gives no more than 15. Test with seeds: Starbuck or Dweezil

Expected result: no more than 15 traders, or, swap it and give me the bigger numbers on the bigger maps.

EDIT: updated what file. It does give some hilarious clusters though. Pair of traders right across the road from each other, one stretch within 500m or so was trader, trader, pair of them, trader, trader. for 6. Another set did another pair, but only 5 in the 500m stretch.

(mind you, could be fantastic later on when trying to SPEND all yer dukes.)
    Last edited by canadianbluebeer; 05-09-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Just a reminder folks, this thread is for Bug Reports ONLY

Reconstructionist
    Summary: Client does not release memory when exiting server.
    Spoiler: 

Version: 17.3 (b18)
    OS/Version: Linux
    Game mode: Client playing on dedicated server

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    EAC on or off ? OFF

Status: NEW (sorta, A17 did this from the initial release.)

Bug Description: Client does not release or reuse memory when exiting server. Each successive join to a server uses more memory, until memory and swap file are maxed out, at which point the game crashes. After the fifth join, the sewap file starts to get hammered and performance suffers. If you are lucky to get to 7 joins without crashing, swap and memory are maxed and the system is not stable, performance is very poor.

This might be specific to when joining dedicated server with 32K map, have not tested it on smaller maps. I suspect the problem exists with smaller maps but the memory usage is much smaller so that it doesn't cause problems unless someone hops around to a lot of different servers. I've also observed that the client often crashes before you get that far, so it's possible that between small maps and crashing clients, few people can get the game to run long enough to max out available memory. I had to repeat this process several times to get 7 server joins in one session without crashing.

Reproduce steps:

I and several of my players have observed this on both Linux and Windows clients with either 24 or 32GB of memory installed. I'll use my own workstation as an example.

Client PC has 32 GB of memory. OS is Linux Slackware 64 bit 4.19.37 kernel.
    nVidia 1060 with proprietary drivers
    Storage is several SSDs, each with at least 100GB free.

Start game, join server running 16K map. Observe memory usage. In my case, it quickly jumps up to about 48% or so. With 31.4GB total ram, this would be 15GB. This is quite typical, btw, the program usually uses about half of available physical memory on first run.

Exit server, rejoin. Observe memory usage. In my case, it jumps up to 72%. Swap file untouched.
    Repeat. 78%. Swap file untouched.
    Repeat. 85%. Swap file untouched.
    Repeat. 90%. Swap file jumps up to 1.4GB utilization. Performace starts to suffer.
    Repeat. 92%, I forget what swap file is....
    Repeat. 92%, but swap file is now 3.4GB. System is unstable and system crashes..

You can see on the attached image the memory usage each time I do this, and how each time I exit/join server, more memory is used.

Screenshot_2019-05-09_10-44-14.jpg

Actual result: After each server join/exit, memory usage increases until it maxes out and client crashes.

Expected result: Game should release/reuse memory.

Thank you, we are already looking into this.
    -Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 05-12-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Summary: the pc restarts while you play
    OS/Version: Windows 7 ultimate 64bits
    Game mode Single player Navezgane

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No)Yes
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No)Yes
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)Yes
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No)No
    EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: PC RESTART

Reproduce steps:
    In the game while doing something random, such as opening a car or anything else, the computer shuts down and restarts, the cpu / gpu temperature is correct at that moment (60c)

(Amd 6300fx / amd r9 290x 4gb 12gb ram dd3)

Tracker
    Summary: Warmth Buff from Campfire & Forge Gone
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode client on dedi RWG

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: Campfires and forges no longer provide warmth in the cold plus the icon is gone.

Reproduce steps: Go into winter biome, let your temperature drop until you get orange or red snowflake icon.
    Pull up your current body temp. Start campfire and or forge, watch your temperature continue to go down. Experienced by every player on the server. Torches no longer give buff either.

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs
    This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.
    once done click ok
    there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1)
    2)
    3)

Actual result: freezing next to heat source

Expected result: should warm up as previous alphas

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonydevidal View Post
    Summary: the pc restarts while you play

(Amd 6300fx / amd r9 290x 4gb 12gb ram dd3)
    I recently had this exact problem and it turned out to be the power supply. Gaming is very power hungry and maybe your ps is feeling old and tired. Mine was rated at 500 watts but would shut down at around 350. It was 7 years old.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzybub View Post
    I recently had this exact problem and it turned out to be the power supply. Gaming is very power hungry and maybe your ps is feeling old and tired. Mine was rated at 500 watts but would shut down at around 350. It was 7 years old.
    Video drivers are also notorious for doing this. Would not hurt to try a newer/older version from whatever you are currently using.

+1 power supply. Not common, but can cause exactly what you are experiencing. Sometimes swapping out the power supply can fix problems like this.

Would not hurt to run memory diags. If you have some bad bits at the upper range, then as memory usage increases you might be hitting those bad bits. 7D4D client can use up all of your memory, especially if you are playing on 16K maps.