Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode: MP host

Did you wipe old saves? no
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? No
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: Some trees in the open world have 1 HP. These seem to be the ones that have 600 and 900 max HP.

Reproduce steps: Generated a world and went to chop down the nearby trees. 300 and 1200 HP trees do not seem to be affected by this. Also, trees that are part of a POI plot seem to not be affected by this either.

Summary: Explosion damage still doesn't give exp
    Version: 17.3 b18 (was bugged in previous versions too)
    Game mode: both SP Navezgane / MP Dedicated server

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Are you using any mods? Yes
    EAC on or off ? happens with both

Bug Description: Explosions like from the Crossbow explosive bolts only give exp from the zombie directly targeted in the crossbow aim. If you kill suppose 5 zombies, you get only exp from the one you aimed for

Reproduce steps: Spawn a group of zombies, kill them with the same explosion, most if not all of them will yield no experience. Quite annoying considering the investment and that the wasted experience is the major part of what you should have gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by danielspoa View Post
    Summary: Explosion damage still doesn't give exp
    Game mode: both SP Navezgane / MP Dedicated server

Are you using any mods? Yes
    EAC on or off ? happens with both

Bug Description: Explosions like from the Crossbow explosive bolts only give exp from the zombie directly targeted in the crossbow aim. If you kill suppose 5 zombies, you get only exp from the one you aimed for

Reproduce steps: Spawn a group of zombies, kill them with the same explosion, most if not all of them will yield no experience. Quite annoying considering the investment and that the wasted experience is the major part of what you should have gotten.
    I suspect it is now by design. Using explosive weapons will only give you xp for killing the zombie you are aiming at, not those in the AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    We've just released Alpha 17.3 Experimental B18
    Changed
    • Explosions on zombies to just damage closest collider like animals
    Last edited by Crater Creator; 05-10-2019 at 01:03 AM. Reason: shortened quote

Refugee
    Summary: Explosion damages entites through blocks (This wasn't always the case in previous versions)
    Version: 17.3 b18
    Game mode: Any

Did you validate your files? Yes
    EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description: Explosions will apply damage and buffs to entities (either zombies or players), even if there are full blocks in between them. This is more likely a programming oversight than a bug, but I'm sure explosions did not always function like this.

Reproduce steps: Create a wall of any kind of block, throw a pipe bomb onto one side of the wall and run around it. You will take damage if you're in range regardless of the wall or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilMissNorti View Post
    I suspect it is now by design. Using explosive weapons will only give you xp for killing the zombie you are aiming at, not those in the AOE.
    Then it's bad design, why would molotov debuffs applied via explosion give exp but not pipe bombs?

The real issue is explosions themselves seem to be very limited code wise.

Quote Originally Posted by LilMissNorti View Post
    I don't understand that change but considering:

- it damages everyone around, not just the first zombie near - I just tested by spawning 25 zombies -

- it was already not giving exp before this patch, so before the highlighted change

whatever that does it doesn't seem to affect what I mentioned, tho it legit made me more confused

Refugee
    If they added a proper triggered effect thats similar to "onProjectileImpact" but works for timed explosives (which this one doesn't, only things that "explodeOnHit"), they could apply the explosion damage via a buff, which WOULD grant you EXP for explosion kills.

However it wouldn't fix the fact that buffs and damage go through blocks.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Thanks for the info, but we have not yet been able to reproduce this bug.

BC7 is a compression format not supported by Unity on Mac OpenGL, but it should not break anything. It would just use more memory since it has to decompress those textures.

We will need to look at that shader warning.

Can you try running this command in the console:
    gfx pp enable 0
    That will disable all postprocessing.

The gfx command was how we determined what effect was casuing some Macs to render a very bright world.
    Thanks for the response. This is that same scene after setting gfx pp enable 0.
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...8335265BB76C6/

As you can see, the effect is still present with post processing turned off. The affected area changes a little bit, but this seems to be because of bloom and/or other effects, making the affected area bleed into more pixels.

In doing this test, I'd be remiss not to mention the effect on performance. Holy Moley, I had no idea post processing was killing my framerate so much! With the "low" video quality preset, and vsync turned off, I'm getting 60-80 frames per second with gfx pp enable 0, and 20-40 frames per second with gfx pp enable 1. There are still momentary dips in framerate with both settings, but outside of that these results were consistent over a half hour of testing.

After finding this, I tried turning on and off all the gfx pp values listed under gfx help. Toggling any of them - ambient occlusion, bloom, color grading, or eye adaptation - only changed the framerate by 1-2 frames per second. But as I said, disabling post processing altogether (gfx pp enable 0) increased framerate by a factor of two or three!

So it seems post processing isn't the cause of the weird colors issue. But if nothing else comes of this, thanks for adding the gfx command. I'll probably play with post processing disabled for the sake of the massive performance gain.

Bug Description: Cabin_11 is still excluded in the rwg.xml, Cabin_08 repeats, instead (and it's the cutest, why the hate ^_^)
    Spoiler: 

Game mode: rwg.xml

Did you start a new game? NO GAME NEEDED
    Are you using any mods? no
    EAC on or off ? NA

Hmm.. will double check on the ticket's existence hopefully in RWG soon, if cabin_11 will no longer be pushing 08 in front of itself to hide.
    -Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 05-13-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Summary: Steel Arrow Texture is messed up
    Version: 17.3
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode: Single Player

Did you wipe old saves? y
    Did you start a new game? y
    Did you validate your files? y
    Are you using any mods? n
    EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: Steel Arrows have a messed up texture.

Tried every setting. Only the Steel Arrow is messed up. Bug was present in since A17 dropped.

Once in a while it's not messed up. Then it reverts back to this ugly texture.

All drivers up to date

Big Version: https://ibb.co/wNQgtv3
    Last edited by Odetta; 05-10-2019 at 02:14 AM.

Summary: Dedicated Server Installs via SteamCMD Missing Bundle Files
    Version: 17.3
    Game mode: MP host

Are you using any mods? Yes and No
    EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description: Ran into an issue where when I use steamCMD to install the latest experimental version using "app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental-unstable", it leaves out two files: blocktextureatlases and terraintextures. The server will error out and not start due to an NRE when it cannot find the files.
    I've tried this on four separate systems: two of my own dedicated servers on personal hardware, both logged in with my account and anonymouse, and on two servers on separate hosting companies. The result was same in all cases, even if I made sure and delete all the files, or force install to another directory to guarantee a fresh run. Moving these missing files into the Bundles directory fixes the issue.

Reproduce steps: Use SteamCMD to install the latest experimental build. Run the server.

Code:
    Exception: Missing resource bundle BlockTextureAtlases
      at WorldStaticData+<Init>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at GameManager+<loadStaticData>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at GameManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Code:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at WorldStaticData.LoadTextureAtlases () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at WorldStaticData+<loadSingleXml>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Summary: splat3.png does not render in RWG at all and biome.png is using old, ugly patchwork layout
    Version: 17.3 b18
    Game mode: Single Player

Did you wipe old saves? y
    Did you start a new game? y
    Did you validate your files? y
    Are you using any mods? n
    EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: Rendered a new RWG world with my old 17.2 seed, and splat3.png is empty instead of showing road layout. Was also treated to the awful patchwork biome.png code from an earlier, pre-b27 17.2 build. Example images:

17.2 b27 splat3.png:

17.3 b18 splat3.png: just a white box, no need to post it.

17.2 b27 biome.png:

Same seed, 17.3 b18:

Refugee
    Summary: Healing with First Aid bandages without consuming them
    Version: 17.3 B18
    Game mode : MP, dedicated server

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes)
    Are you using any mods? I am not using mods, but the server is using stuff like /home and /wallet
    EAC on

Bug Description: I can use right click to heal myself with first aid bandages without consuming the bandage. It appears i can also stack the healing buff this way.

Reproduce steps: Get injured, select bandages, right click. I have noticed that it doesn't always work the first try. It seems to work best if i spam right click right as i switch weapons.

Expected result: Right click should only heal other players.
    Last edited by OutlawStar; 05-10-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielspoa View Post
    I don't understand that change but considering:

- it damages everyone around, not just the first zombie near - I just tested by spawning 25 zombies -

- it was already not giving exp before this patch, so before the highlighted change

whatever that does it doesn't seem to affect what I mentioned, tho it legit made me more confused
    The change was to how it applied damage to each zombie. Before it would hit multiple colliders of a zombie and tried to apply diminishing damage as it went, but the logic was bad and often did little damage. Now it just picks the closest collider on the zombie and does damage based on the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    Thanks for the response. This is that same scene after setting gfx pp enable 0.
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...8335265BB76C6/

As you can see, the effect is still present with post processing turned off. The affected area changes a little bit, but this seems to be because of bloom and/or other effects, making the affected area bleed into more pixels.

In doing this test, I'd be remiss not to mention the effect on performance. Holy Moley, I had no idea post processing was killing my framerate so much! With the "low" video quality preset, and vsync turned off, I'm getting 60-80 frames per second with gfx pp enable 0, and 20-40 frames per second with gfx pp enable 1. There are still momentary dips in framerate with both settings, but outside of that these results were consistent over a half hour of testing.

After finding this, I tried turning on and off all the gfx pp values listed under gfx help. Toggling any of them - ambient occlusion, bloom, color grading, or eye adaptation - only changed the framerate by 1-2 frames per second. But as I said, disabling post processing altogether (gfx pp enable 0) increased framerate by a factor of two or three!

So it seems post processing isn't the cause of the weird colors issue. But if nothing else comes of this, thanks for adding the gfx command. I'll probably play with post processing disabled for the sake of the massive performance gain.
    Might be a shader or texture format issue then.

Nice that you got such an FPS boost! You can also try toggling screen space reflections, that I didn't list in help:
    gfx pp ssr 0

Summary: Typing "starve" in the command console fills hunger bar.
    Version: A17.3 (though this has existed throughout A17's release.)
    Game mode: SP RWG

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: When you type "starve" in the command console, it does the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do.

Reproduce steps: Let your character's hunger drop a little bit, press F1 to open the console, and type "starve". The hunger bar will be full again.

Actual result: Hunger bar fills up completely.

Expected result: Hunger bar should go empty. (Typing "thirsty" in the command console causes the water level to drop to 50, so I'd imagine that "starve" should have the same effect for the food level.)