Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DMT Modding Tool

DMT Modding Tool

Hey guys,

Here's the new community made tool for modding 7 Days to Die. It is going to be the replacement for SDX going forwards.

The tool is open-source and can be found on github: https://github.com/HAL-NINE-THOUSAND/DMT.

Downloads

v1.4

All previous SDX mods should be compatible with DMT but also comes with some new features and workflow improvements. The main new benefit is support for the Harmony modding library

Tutorials

Harmony hooks for DMT by sphereii
    Overview

Many thanks to sphereii and the other testers of DMT. If anyone is interested in keeping the source updated feel free to submit a pull request or PM me.

Cheers,

Hal
    Last edited by HAL9000; 6 Days Ago at 05:41 PM.

Thanks Hal!

Here's a repo of most of my migrated mods to Harmony. Feel free to use them for testing, playing, and seeing examples of Harmony in action: https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods

Thanks for doing this for the community Hal!!

Tracker
    Thank you I had a mod that I couldn't patch using SDX in 17.3 experimental, but was able to patch it using DMT.

In more layman's terms, could you explain in a few sentences what this offers over the other? Like is the Harmony library really big? just a summary of what stuff it has in it? (like is it specific to 7days or does it have other things useful to more general coders?)

ok i just noticed more info was in the guide

question: applying them at run-time means slower loads? is that the only down-side? are there any upsides besides making it easier to see what changes are being applied?

I have not noticed any kind of slower responses to the game, even when using Harmony on a really aggressive call.

To clear up your questions...

DMT is only for 7 Days To Die

Harmony applies patches to the DLL in-memory, vs in the DLL itself. You can add and remove patches in between reboots, just like you do for the XML snippets now.

DMT does support SDX Patches, but the way forward will be recommended to use Harmony instead. Harmony is a lot easier to work with; we can place our changes before the vanilla method starts, or after it ends, change its values, etc, without having to touch IL or CECIL.

Updated release v1.1

Fixed some Harmony integration bugs and added an auto-updater so future releases you should get a popup in the app when starting.

v1.1

Cheers,

Hal

Pls anybody can shortly elaborate some advantages with DMT and using Harmony. Still reading thru the guide right now.Thanks
    Last edited by PeterB; 07-12-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Pls anybody can shortly elaborate some advantages with DMT and using Harmony. Still reading thru the guide right now.Thanks
    A big benefit of using Harmony is that it allows run-time patches. The Harmony DLLs we make are under the Mods folder, and are loaded every time the game is started. If players found they like a lot of different modlets, then can add and remove them at their leisure, without having to go through the DMT build process.

They are also easier and cleaner to write.

Refugee
    I don't suppose there is a simple tutorial somewhere to show a noob how to import a basic cube into the game using DMT is there? I just want to add a basic cube with my own texture. I followed a sdx tutorial but that does not work either dispite saying that the build completed and no errors. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by karlmarsh05 View Post
    I don't suppose there is a simple tutorial somewhere to show a noob how to import a basic cube into the game using DMT is there? I just want to add a basic cube with my own texture. I followed a sdx tutorial but that does not work either dispite saying that the build completed and no errors. Thanks.
    Take a look here.

Hunter
    Thank you guys for the hard word on SDX and now DMT, you are amazing.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    ???? these tutorials apply to DMT? cause I just tried to do the simple cube sample and it does not work at all...

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Two different things.