Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DMT Modding Tool

Scavenger
    Hey Guppy I guess I Am confused then. I have been out of the modding loop for a bit. So we still use sdk for blocks? or we use DMt now ? Another question is. Why use the DMT anyways.. I see that most mods like audio or block files is just a drop in mods folder and thats it.

So if I made a simple block in unity.. export it with the script, create my mod info and all the scripts.. I dont need to use anything to patch it? right? very confused on this process.

Its my understanding that sdk changed the assembly file and added it to the game ...

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    7days now supports import of .unity3d files without sdx. Check the tutorial section.

Sdx/dmt changes the assembly to allow scripts to be included, it's no longer necessary for anything else.

Scavenger
    With a fresh install of the 7 Days To Die client, and dedicated server for Windows, DMT causes the client to endlessly throw a single error when connecting to the dedicated server, preventing the player from spawning in. This does not happen in single player.

This is with the latest 7 Days To Die, version 17.4.

Client log: https://pastebin.com/0GMguLRg

Server log: https://pastebin.com/NJzMja1C

When starting a game through the client (I.E, not connecting to a dedicated server to play), everything proceeds as expected with no errors thrown: https://pastebin.com/PsBaqquu

This is with no mods, just an absolutely plain install after running the DMT tool, pointing it to the client and server folders.

Edit: Disregard. The issue was that I increased the view distance in the registry, beyond the default maximum of 7.
    Last edited by FiftyTifty; 10-01-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Refugee
    Hello, is there any info about how to get all game classes/objects within description?

Does any idea how to hook recipe searching mechanics?

hey, just tried to use this on a freash install of 16.4 and noticed you added like a 16 version one in your video, does this actually work with 16?

as i just keep getting

Running BackupFiles

Unhandled Exception: System.NotImplementedException: Instruction is not an i4 opcode
    at DMT.Extensions.GetValueAsInt(Instruction i)
    at DMT.Tasks.BackupFiles.GetVersionInfo()
    at DMT.Tasks.BackupFiles.Patch(PatchData data)
    at DMT.PatchData.Patch()
    at DMTViewer.Program.Main(String[] args)

process exited with error code -532462766

Have a look on the Github page and under Releases grab v1.2. That should be compatible with A16. I'll have a look at backwards compatibility for the next release

Quote Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post
    Have a look on the Github page and under Releases grab v1.2. That should be compatible with A16. I'll have a look at backwards compatibility for the next release
    Hey Hal tried right back to 1.0 same error, hopefully backwards compatible is actually a viable option cause this'll be awesome, I'll be looking forward to next release xD

Quote Originally Posted by stone00 View Post
    Hey Hal tried right back to 1.0 same error, hopefully backwards compatible is actually a viable option cause this'll be awesome, I'll be looking forward to next release xD
    hi stone00,

Give this a go: https://github.com/HAL-NINE-THOUSAND...7235.19353.zip

Cheers,

Hal

How do you get started with modding the C# assembly? I'm a programmer, but what tool is best to use to view the assembly source? Do you just use ILSpy?

dnSpy is what most of us use. It allows manual edits of the DLL for debugging and helping figure stuff out

dnSpy is what most of us use. It allows manual edits of the DLL for debugging and helping figure stuff out
    Thanks a lot for the info. Looks like a really great tool. Exactly what I'm looking for.

Lets write some Bandit AI then

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeLurker View Post
    Thanks a lot for the info. Looks like a really great tool. Exactly what I'm looking for.
    The latest version has an experimental option to try running the game in debug mode so you can hit breakpoints placed in dnSpy

Go to About->Experimental->Enable Debugger and then click the "Debug Exe" button. It will download a modded version of dnSpy and (fingers crossed) get debugging running

I've had mixed results, sometimes it works and others it crashes but if you're needing extra info about something not working right it's a good place to start.

The latest version has an experimental option to try running the game in debug mode so you can hit breakpoints placed in dnSpy
    Hey, I'm currently doing debugging just with dnSpy. Does this offer any benefit over that?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeLurker View Post
    Hey, I'm currently doing debugging just with dnSpy. Does this offer any benefit over that?
    No, either is good. It just handles swapping to the debug dll and starts the game through dnSpy so you can hit breakpoints. Just saves a few clicks and for those that don't want to start messing with the dlls