Thread: 1280x1024 resolution fix?

Refugee

Unhappy 1280x1024 resolution fix?

Hello everyone so my monitor is 5:4 and the resolution is 1280x1024 but when i select it in the game and i open the character menu or a forge it goes slightly out of the screen and i cant see or press certain things so im forced to play on 1280x960 which has little black bars on the bottom and top and its very annoying can someone please help me or the fun pimps release a fix?

QA Lead
    Hello NeonDemon !
    I can not reproduce the issue with not being able to interact with certain buttons, but do see menus slightly cutoff.

Can you provide me with screenshots, please?
    -Hated

Refugee

Hello!
    I tried to reproduce but can't. I do see that it seems like the right side is cut off a bit, but I think that's just a perception thing. I did however find that the first time I switched to the 1280x1024 that for some reason as I was starting the game - that the resolution changed to 1920x1080. I couldn't reproduce that either. My guess is that the system is trying to get to the max resolution it can; but maybe this is like the old HP 5x4 monitors (HP L1706) in that the monitor itself is trying to adjust the screen (automatically) and therefore it gets cut off.

NeonDemon? Have you tried running in full screen? Oh, one thing is set the game to the resolution you want - without doing anything. Then on the monitor hit the "Auto" button. That should save the resolution you want into the monitor.

QA Lead
    Okay, I can reproduce what you are seeing.
    Alloc is talking about adding a UI scale in, which seems to would be useful in this situation.
    You could play other screen in windowed mode, but not everybody likes windowed mode.
    -Hated

Refugee
    Well i'm playing in fullscreen and the screenshots are from fullscreen but i will try the auto button if not im just going to wait for a fix.