Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 Days to Die Mod Localization loader

Colony Founder

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bdubyah View Post
    Just my vehicle mods. Had about 5 mods. Seemed like everything worked good, so I'm not sure what happened. And I also didn't look at the txt file afterwards. Guess I probably should've done that. Lol.

Just ran it again and I don't really see anything odd. But everything on the main menu had Xui in front of it. It's kinda like it's breaking the localization somehow.
    Hi!

I have some good news and bad news...

The good news is that by comparing the original file against the modified one, I was able to locate the problem. Something which was supposed to be in both files is missing in the modified file and that's what is causing this problem in game. The line which is missing can be manually added after which the in-game menu works fine again.

The bad news is that the script itself is breaking it which is not supposed to happen and unfortunately, at the moment I have no idea what exactly is wrong with the script, so it may take me some time to fix it.

I recommend to use manual editing instead of my script until I (or some better coder) get this thing fixed.

I'm sorry, guys. I will try my best to make this script work again.

EDIT:
    It seems like TFP broke their own localization format by adding that one line. In previous Alpha 17, every line had to match the strict format and so I made the script to depend on that specific format. The advantage of doing that was that every line that was not formatted correctly was by the script seen as irrelevant and it was removed from the final file. This helped in many cases when you didn't have a proper localization file supplied in the mod and just instructions like "add this line, remove this line, edit that line"... The script was able to automatically add everything that was in proper format. Unfortunately, now that they made this exception, this line which doesn't have the required format, but is still required for game to work correctly is also taken as garbage that must be removed and so my script removes it. Well, at least that's my first guess after first look... Lol... Any ideas?

Oh and by the way, this is the exact line in the original file which seems to cause the problem:
    "terrOreStonePotassiumRandomDesc
    As you can see, its format is not the same as other lines, so it may confuse automatic scripts.
    Last edited by mr.devolver; 10-23-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Colony Founder
    First post updated with new version with an experimental hotfix for Alpha 18! Please test this new version and feel free to let me know if any issues occur, thanks!

Colony Founder
    Today's update broke the compatibility of a better fix I was working on.

Well, the script was never perfect, it was always possible that running it could break something, but in Alpha 17, it worked very well for massive amount of mods that I have installed. The localization format in Alpha 18 changed drastically and I was trying my best to salvage as much as possible from the original script, so that I could make it work for Alpha 18 as soon as possible, but the more I'm testing it, the more issues I'm running into, so it started to feel like it might need a whole new approach this time. Radical changes in the format require radical changes of the script and unfortunately that's something I don't have enough time for, so I decided to take a break from it for now and work on it at my own pace, not trying to catch every new update, every new little change... If and when I have something new to share with you guys, I will let you know. Thanks for using my script and feel free to make it better and beat me to making it compatible with Alpha 18, I will be happy if you do.
    Last edited by mr.devolver; 10-25-2019 at 10:50 PM.