Thread: The Torch issue.

Refugee

Lightbulb The Torch issue.

Can you guys please fix the torch issue if a game is set to No Player Killing allowed this object is still overriding the game settings i am 100% certain this is a major bug that needs addressed I had a friend of mine get banned from a server we joined cause of accidental PvP's this needs to be either removed from the game or have its properties changed or just have newly created characters start out the game with a mining helmet. thank you very much for taking time to read.

Refugee
    I can't be certain, but more than likely they treat the fire like an environment variable, so that is why it kills even in a Friendly Fire off/No PvP situation. So the act of like using it like a club doesn't hurt, it's the burn applied by the fire, etc.

QA Lead
    Hello Jaina1337!
    I tried all four modes in p2p and on a dedicated server, the torch never set the other person on fire when it was not supposed to.
    Please provide the server's serverconfig.xml
    Thank you,
    -Hated

Tracker
    I think the issue was that you could do melee damage to other players with the torch, while pvp was off. I know this was a thing in early versions of A17 but not sure if the latest version has that problem.

QA Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzybub View Post
    I think the issue was that you could do melee damage to other players with the torch, while pvp was off. I know this was a thing in early versions of A17 but not sure if the latest version has that problem.
    Correct, but this issue was adressed in A17.2 and is currently not reproduceable in A17.3 for me either.
    -Hated