Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha 17.4 Experimental B4 bug reporting thread

Quote Originally Posted by zootal View Post
    So I load a 16K local SP world, mem consumption goes up to about 16GB as expected. Exit, join a server, which is running a 15K world. Memory consumption goes up to about 24GB . Open console, type mem. Nothing happens.

Exit server, reload that SP map I was running before, mem goes up even more.

Am I doing this right? I issue "mem" in console while in game, nothing happens. Memory consumption remains high, does not drop at all.

If I exit the SP world and I'm just at the game menu, open console, type mem, I get:

2019-05-26T13:04:17 539.965 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at ConsoleCmdMem.FillStats (Boolean _bDoGc, .GameManager _gm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at ConsoleCmdMem.GetStats (Boolean _bDoGc, .GameManager _gm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at ConsoleCmdMem.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _params, CommandSenderInfo _senderInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at SdtdConsole.executeCommand (System.String _command, CommandSenderInfo _senderInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    *** ERROR Executing command 'mem' failed. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'm guessing you can't/shouldn't issue "mem" if not in a world/server?

I do see this in the log:

Unloading 3112 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 330173.
    Total: 1316.578000 ms (FindLiveObjects: 19.129000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 4.948000 ms MarkObjects: 1279.057000 ms DeleteObjects: 13.443000 ms)

I'm wondering if it thinks it needs most of the assets, and therefore does not unload them?
    That memory use seems very high to me. Maybe Linux/OpenGL is not handling textures well? Uncompressing them?

I fixed the mem command error when a world is not loaded in A18, but that fix is not in A17.

After the mem command runs, in the log you will see:
    2019-05-25T20:33:12 284.350 INF Time: 2.00m FPS: 92.59 Heap: 321.7MB Max: 321.7MB Chunks: 441 CGO: 227 Ply: 1 Zom: 1 Ent: 2 (2) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 2660.2MB

RSS: xMB is the total memory being used.

Refugee
    Summary: certain animations crash graphics
    Version: 17.3/17.4
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 7
    Game mode, SP, Naves.

wipe old saves? yes
    start new game? Yes
    validate files? Yes
    using any mods? yes
    EAC on or off ? Both

Bug Description: Performing certain actions or making enemies perform actions crashes graphics processor
    Actions include:
    Equipping Pistols
    Causing Zombie Birds to attack
    Causing Zombie Bikers to attack
    Approaching Settlements (their idle animations?)
    Possibly other animations (driver will crash seemingly at random, can occur without problem animation being visible)

Issue occurs with fully updated drivers on AMD Radeon HD 5670 card(bizarrely, rolling back to 2011 drivers fixes this, but breaks numerous other programs like steam, which is kinda important to run the game).

Reproduce steps: 1:Start game
    2:Place Pistol in Toolbar
    3:Select Pistol

Actual result: Graphics driver crashes, leaving the game window blank and unresponsive after recovery

Expected result: ...not doing that (I cant think of a better way to put it tbh)

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    That memory use seems very high to me. Maybe Linux/OpenGL is not handling textures well? Uncompressing them?

I fixed the mem command error when a world is not loaded in A18, but that fix is not in A17.

After the mem command runs, in the log you will see:
    2019-05-25T20:33:12 284.350 INF Time: 2.00m FPS: 92.59 Heap: 321.7MB Max: 321.7MB Chunks: 441 CGO: 227 Ply: 1 Zom: 1 Ent: 2 (2) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 2660.2MB

RSS: xMB is the total memory being used.
    One of the things I've noticed is that the client will use a proportionally larger chunk of memory if it is available. I have 32GB so it quickly grabs 16-18GB. My daughter has 24GB in her computer and the client IIRC grabs about half that or so. Maybe it's a unity feature, grab more memory if there is more available?

In the grand scheme of things, I'm not sure how serious this is. It seems to be more of a problem if you play on 16K maps. and I'm not sure how many people out there do that. OK, now I'm curious to what happens when you play on 8K maps....

Reconstructionist
    --> load 8K map. Memory consumption is 8GB. Interesting. Half of what it uses when it loads a 16K map. Exit map, load map: 10.8GB. Exit. Load. 11.2GB. Each successive exit/load increases memory a small amount. You would have to exit/join a lot of maps/servers before you would notice a problem.

So yeah, it's us 16K map players causing most of the noise here

Refugee
    I get this same error if I have any overclock applied to GPU. Reset to default settings takes care of it.

Ryzen 5 2600x (OC to 4.0)
    Cooler Master AIO
    EVGA GTX1080TI SC
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (3000Mhz)
    Aorus Gaming 5 (latest BIOS)
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    Corsair CX750M PSU
    Win 10 Home 64b

Refugee
    Summary: Sneak attack pistol hits sleeper vultures like a train
    Spoiler: 
    Version: A17.4 (b4)
    OS/Version: Windows
    Multiplayer Client

Did you wipe old saves? N/A
    Did you start a new game? N/A
    Did you validate your files? No
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC on

Bug Description: Sneak-attacking sleepers (vultures at least) with the pistol sometimes launches them into orbit.

Reproduce steps:
    1) Attach a silencer to a pistol
    2) Level up Hidden Strike to Lv3 (3.0x sneak attack bonus) (may or may not be relevant)
    3) Find a vulture sleeper spawn
    4) Crouch for sneak
    5) Shoot the vulture with the pistol

(Video says alpha 17.3, but this is still happening in 17.4)
    https://youtu.be/NGqtF4DIkDg

Actual result: YEET

Expected result: The dead vulture to get not much more hangtime than one that's awake
    Last edited by t3hp0larbear; 05-29-2019 at 10:55 PM.

Refugee
    Summary: Shadows cast from garage doors don't always reflect open/closed state
    Spoiler: 
    Version: A17.4 (b4)
    OS/Version: Windows
    Multiplayer Client

Did you wipe old saves? N/A
    Did you start a new game? N/A
    Did you validate your files? No
    EAC on

Bug Description: On a couple different occasions, I noticed that garage doors always cast a shadow as if they're closed, both player-placed doors and doors in POIs.

Reproduce steps:
    Unsure, seems to happen intermittently? Shine a light at an open garage door and there's a chance it will cast a shadow as if it were closed. Maybe this has something to do with the memory garbage collection that makes the green ready bar for arrows/thrown weapons disappear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WyYgLCbHjc

Actual result: Big dark square where doors aren't.

Expected result: The cast shadow to move with the opening doors.

Survivor
    Summary: Wrong arrows returned from zombies
    Spoiler: 

Version: A17.4 Experimental
    OS/Version: Windows 7
    Game mode: SP Navezgane

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: I shot a zombie with an iron arrow I had just crafted and nocked, and when I grabbed it back off the zombie (it was still alive) it turned into a stone arrow. It was my only iron arrow, I had a stack of stone arrows, it was a burnt zombie, and the green draw-time bar bug was active.

Reproduce steps:
    1) Craft and shoot a zombie with an iron arrow
    2) Grab it back off it while still living
    3) It may magically turn into a stone arrow

Actual result: Stone arrow returned to inventory

Expected result: Iron arrow returned to inventory

Hello AlabasterW!
    What you are describing sounds to me like the ammo switch bug where the first projectile is not actually changed.
    -Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 05-29-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Refugee
    Summary: Game crash while loading a NEW game OR LOAD GAME
    Version: A17.3 B18 / A17.4 b4
    Platform: (PC)
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game: dedi RWG

Did you wipe old saves? (yes)
    Did you start a new game? (Yes)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes)
    Are you using any mods? (No)
    EAC on or off: ON

Bug Description: When I want to play the saved game or the new game of itself will graduate me!!

Reproduce steps: verify intergity of files on steam, Reinstall the game,change the quality to low!!

Actual result: Game quit!!!

Expected result: i think in A18 will be good without crash!

Survivor
    Hello AlabasterW!
    What you are describing sounds to me like the ammo switch bug where the first projectile is not actually changed.
    -Hated
    I'm not familiar with the specifics of this bug, but it actually did fire away my iron arrow successfully, and it was only different upon retrieval. If that's part of the bug then disregard this message.