Thread: Alpha 17.4 commentary & not-bugs

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    This reminds me of Anthem.
    Game: does something bad
    Player: *complain*
    Game update fixes it.
    Players: *happy*
    Game update gets reverted because its just a bug.

I don't care if it was a bug. It was one of the very few things I actually gave A17 credit for.
    If they are worried about balance just lower the initial gain.
    But beeing rewarded for finishing up something is a "bug" I have discussed at length and EVERYONE (not a single person out of like 10) was super excited that they finally brought it back.

Sometimes I feel like they honestly don't play their own game. Like... I know some do... but they don't have QA Testers... so they just go by what they think should be fun and not what actually is fun.
    This is just a small feature that gave SO MUCH FLAIR and it gets removed.
    Like... it actually took them effort to remove a good thing. Its mindboggling!
    Funny how it was touted as a feature. I was remembering it being mentioned in a MM video but found a ref in the A16 release notes: https://7daystodie.com/a16-early-str...release-notes/ "Block/Entity Harvesting overkill now provides bonus resources"

There used to be that reward for finishing off a block/tree/etc. Now it's meh.

Well I do notice it was in the "changed" section of the A16 notes and not the "added" section. Perhaps because it was unintentionally changed by something else?

I would like to state for The first time in The history of 7D2D updates there are 0 bugs and no need for any additional fixes!
    lol :Fingers Crossed:

plz

Hi devs, it's months i work on a sli profile, i would like to ask u if it's possible for you to make Nvidia include the sli profile for ur game by default (in the driver)

(profile: https://www.mediafire.com/file/19csk...OFILE.nip/file)

Seriously...again what is the deal with these devs? Yet again they take the experimental build and change the word "experimental" for "stable" and it's done. Forget all the bugs people reported. Even IF they were perfect game developers/programmers and there were no bugs in their game, I think it would be good practice at least to TRY and improve something for the stable release, or increment the build number to signify it's now "confirmed to be stable". This just feels like they're phoning it in.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by pavichokche View Post
    Seriously...again what is the deal with these devs? Yet again they take the experimental build and change the word "experimental" for "stable" and it's done. Forget all the bugs people reported. Even IF they were perfect game developers/programmers and there were no bugs in their game, I think it would be good practice at least to TRY and improve something for the stable release, or increment the build number to signify it's now "confirmed to be stable". This just feels like they're phoning it in.
    "experimental" means it is an opt-in version, a test version too "dangerous" for giving it out even to EA players who should be used to critical bugs happening from time to time. Once it is reasonably sure there are no CRITICAL bugs left, they change the label to stable and automatically John "Normal-EA" Doe gets it the next time he starts steam.

This is quite approriate and incrementing the build number for something that didn't change would be a real "phoning it in".

Now what constitues a CRITICAL bug, that is something TFP and some users might have different opinions about. But putting the "stable" label on it is a simple administrative move to get it distributed to everyone in EA.

Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    "experimental" means it is an opt-in version, a test version too "dangerous" for giving it out even to EA players who should be used to critical bugs happening from time to time. Once it is reasonably sure there are no CRITICAL bugs left, they change the label to stable and automatically John "Normal-EA" Doe gets it the next time he starts steam.

This is quite approriate and incrementing the build number for something that didn't change would be a real "phoning it in".

Now what constitues a CRITICAL bug, that is something TFP and some users might have different opinions about. But putting the "stable" label on it is a simple administrative move to get it distributed to everyone in EA.
    Precisely, it happens every alpha cycle.

Zombie Hunter
    Summary: ammo stack sometimes there, sometimes not.
    Version: 17.4
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Linux
    Game mode: SP or MP, dedi server (windows server) or SP (linux client)

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) YES
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) YES
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) YES
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No) YES and NO see below
    EAC on or off ? OFF

Bug Description: change the magazine size from 1 to 10 in items.xml for the crossbow. NOTHING ELSE.
    Cool feature, you see a stack of 10 bolts on the bow. After each shot, the stack vanishes, then comes back at 1 less.

After a while, but indeterminate, the stack starts to have gaps in it, or just goes back to 1 bolt. Manual reload will sometimes
    (mostly) bring it back to proper stack.

Reproduce steps: Just change xbow magazine size from 1 to 10 in items.xml that's it. Use the crossbow.

Actual result: bolt stack shows properly sometimes, sometimes not.

Now, I know it's changing the base values, and I honestly did NOT expect to see the stack of bolts. But it does show up.
    (drawback: if you do not have a scope, and try to aim, well gee, those things block your vision. heh. get a scope then.)

I suspect it's tied in to the reports of the asset clean up (the loading bar issue for bows).

Tossed it in here as it is easily reproducable, only 1 char change to 1 file to get, and silly as hell to play with.
    (take that zombie dog pack!)

Yes, I'm gonna try lower values, 10 IS kinda stupid, but it was a "hmm, wonder if this works" thing. Really only wanted 3-5, but just adding a zero to the mag size was easy.

Have fun. (btw takes down greenies real nice with the rad remover mod in it.)

Day 88 (120min days), level 211, in 17.4: Roads looked great - didnt find any "shoot in the air" roads or "parting of seas" roads, the map (seed: Map01 aka "Vimazu Territory") was full of cities/towns/poi's to explore, none of the poi's were overly repetitive within the town(s). Only bugs myself and my team could find was related to vehicles and we couldn't reproduce them so we didnt report -- (1/3): randomly duping (logged out for bed, came back and there was extra vehicles) also (2/3): as long as a vehicle has 1 gas in tank, logging out and logging back in gave full gas tank randomly and (3/3) we had only 1 motorcycle disappear either way above us or deep below us (we couldn't find it but the minimap icon was there), which happened on day 86 (so thats a vast improvement from our previous iterations). Aside from that it was a pleasurable and satisfying 176 hours. We are at the point of "what's left to do" so I thought I'd head here and give major props to team TFP for all the work up to and in 17.4. The bloodmoon "range" was a little confusing. We had it set for 14 days with 7 day range. We thought that meant that the horde nite would spawn inbetween day 7 and 21 (+ or - up to 7days). That wasn't the case, but the randomness that did actually occur was good though (day 14 + up to 7days later). So, my team and I give our sincerest thanks and a huge high-5 to y'all.

Well, I got to admit that the changes to A17.4 (especially the Wasteland) added a lot to the early game. Besides the cities, the Wasteland is THE abundant place to loot cars and broken buildings for a quick and early chance at a firearm, some ammo and some very needed gear.

Now I find myself standing on the edge of the Wasteland and looking at all the wrecked cars and buildings in my view and I have to seriously consider if the new risks outweigh my needs. Yes, from my vantage point at the edge of the zone I can see dozens of cars begging me to check out what they have and crumbled buildings with lots of cabinets that will surely have a cooking pot and other goodies.. BUT I can also see from my vantage point at least 3 Zombie bears.. just wandering about.. and a half dozen nasty dogs.. and I can see that even on day 1 that there are a few Cops and Spiders bouncing around out there..
    Just being here a few minutes, I already have 3 vultures circling overhead just waiting to pounce the moment I stub my toe..

Do I push in and see what I can manage to snag OR do I turn around and follow the road through the Forest zone ?

THIS is the feelings I got when POIs were first introduced.. Standing out front, do I dare venture inside and try to get the needed supplies and gear or do I play it safe? Decisions.. Decisions..

Getting this same feeling from an entire zone is pretty awesome.

Well done guys!

Tracker
    When I first played the game in very early days I remember struggling to survive the first few days. Even in Co-op. Getting chased at night, lots of zombies and much more wilderness. I always remember the relief of finding a building to hole up in. Now buildings and towns are everywhere.
    You can pretty much pick the one you want and few zombies chasing. Perhaps I'm just better at the game now but I don't feel the struggle of the early game now. I'll be glad to see the rivers and lakes back as well. I also am not a huge fan of the wasteland, I generally avoid it, would rather see a saltwater beach/shore zone at the outer map edges (at least some of them).

Is mining, ore hunting same in 17.4? like where I hit a gravel patch by some boulders with shovel and it will give dirt and iron, for example, indicates iron underground?? I am hitting lots of gravel patches and only rock and sand coming out

@gcomerfo: yes.. gravel patches up top are indicative to what is below.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gcomerfo View Post
    Is mining, ore hunting same in 17.4? like where I hit a gravel patch by some boulders with shovel and it will give dirt and iron, for example, indicates iron underground?? I am hitting lots of gravel patches and only rock and sand coming out
    Are you destroying the gravel blocks, or just hitting them once? As I recall, they donít give up their secrets on harvest, only on destroy.

Refugee
    Summary: Sprint bind to different key doesn't work on bicycle
    Version:
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode: Local game, RWG map

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? No
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: I remap sprint key to a different key than SHIFT and it works properly while running, but doesn't work on bicycle. Only SHIFT sprints on bicycle.

Reproduce steps: Remap sprint key and ride bicycle.