Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electricity how does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Titdiscus View Post
    Hello,

A small question about the solar panel please

I connect the panel equipped ramp to a Battery Bank and then to a projector.

It marks me 5w (the conso of the projector) but nothing is charged in the Battery Bank to allow to continue worked at night.

Or have I done wrong?

Thank you
    I tried out the solar panels and they really work, but always seem to show only 5w drain.

I made a connection solar panel --> battery bank --> switch --> 3 blade traps.

I let the blade traps drain the batteries in the night. Then turned off the switch in the morning and saw the panel slowly "repair" the batteries in the battery bank.

I have the same setup Titdiscus and it works. I wire from solar panel to battery bank to lights, and the batteries stay charged up. Maybe you need more output from the solar panel?
    Last edited by Beelzybub; 06-15-2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: spellcheck

Hey all. Good thread OP. Thanks for the pics too.
    I have played 7dtd for a while now and just now am delving into the electricity part of the game. One poster above made a point that I have not been able to get to work. If anyone would offer a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it.

My wiring job looked like this:
    Generator1 -> Relay1 -> Blade Trap1
    Relay1 -> Blade Trap2
    Relay1 -> Blade Trap3
    Relay1 -> Blade Trap4
    Relay1 -> Blade Trap5
    Relay1 -> Blade Trap6

Please note that I was running multiple wires from Relay1 to each of the blade traps.
    With this setup, only Blade Trap1 worked.

I rewired it to look like this:

Generator1 -> Relay1 -> Blade Trap1 -> Blade Trap2 -> Blade Trap3 -> Blade Trap4 -> Blade Trap5 -> Blade Trap6

Make note that all are in a daisy chain. The issue with this is when any of the traps get destroyed, the rest down the chain stops working.

I am wanting to build in better survivability in the traps for sure. Just not sure the best way to do it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicurius View Post
    My wiring job looked like this:
    Generator1 -> Relay1 -> Blade Trap1
    Relay1 -> Blade Trap2
    Relay1 -> Blade Trap3
    Relay1 -> Blade Trap4
    Relay1 -> Blade Trap5
    Relay1 -> Blade Trap6
    That setup should work. See pictures, all the blade traps and spotlights are working.

A17.4_2019-06-19_01-02-44.jpgA17.4_2019-06-19_01-08-51.jpg

Nomad
    @ Epicurius

what was your total output wattage of the gen?

At the time I think about 150? I'm not sure though. If the wattage is too low, will that stop all the items drawing power to not work or just the ones that go over the wattage limit of the generator.

From what I have read, each blade trap is 20w. and each relay is 1w. So I was thinking I was at about 101w draw.

I will test this again next time we get on and play.

BTW - Thanks all for the reply.

Survivor
    Damn I still haven't run my traps and I'm thinking extra blade traps but really unsure how many I should link to each relay and I would like to implement single trigger plates to each dart trap it's going to be interesting and

@ Epicurius I believe it will stop them but it seems odd it'll make one work and 5 not and I'm sure you have the right wattage needed it could be a bug... I've had my wires dissappearing and moving position and my simple lights also become invisible/disappear but will come back when I'm right next to them