Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Hopes and Worries about the Telltale Closure and Future of Console Edition

Refugee
    Can't believe this unfinished game with no future updates is still selling for 30 bucks on the xbox live market.... something is wrong here.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    What one company does or did doesn't mean the same thing happens with another company.

You assuming you know what they are working out and not working out. All of it is speculation. None of us know anything beyond that they are having legal issues. It might not even be about the bankruptcy. Anything that is not being said from TFP themselves is speculation even if another company did it this or that way. They are 1000s of 1000s of 1000s legal issues out there. TT could of done something they wasn't supposed to and now who ever has the rights is having to get it straightened out idk I mean it can be anything and I mean anything. So to say it shouldn't take this long and BM ot knowing what they are having issues with how do you know exactly?
    Your right none of us know anything. We don’t even know that they are having legal issues. Yes, that was casually mentioned for a brief moment in a video talking about Alpha 18 for PC. But, it could also be the easy way out of having to break bad news to people. TTG took that route. So I really don’t understand why you keep on and on and on about the fact we don’t know what end is up. I respect your opinion, as you should respect mine. I am 99.9% (only death and taxes are 100%) sure the rights were sold at an auction and TFP know if they won them or not. Another poster in the TTG update has the same claim to my info about the auction, and I know Roland reads the forums and sometimes responds.

So to clarify your console version has no real issues, and you are happy with where the game sits right now, and don’t care about a potential update that according to some posts has really cool stuff. Then as you once asked me. Why are you here in a thread that talks about hopes/worries and the future of the console edition???

I posted back when TTG was telling us about this cool update. Before the mid 2018 post of everything was moving forward and I think they even had a bootable game with the new engine. Then TFP gave us the bad news about TTG, because the obviously TTG wasn’t going to tell us. Then TFP talked about getting the rights back, and support/aid for console. I am riding this boat until it sinks.

I am still here just looking for some honest truth. Like free updates require money and additional risk and even more money if something goes wrong. Which is a logical reason not to move forward anymore.

IMHO TFP should have cut bait once TTG went under. I know their name is on it, but now any new customer who buys this game has a chance of thinking it is just TFPs game good or bad. AS both the PS and Xbox websites lists this forums as the official forums under purchasing 7 days to die.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    I'm not even sure where that money is going atm. IMHO, they should put it on hold like they've done with most of the other TellTale games. Or at least put up big disclaimers in the store page.
    The money goes to the new owner of the source code, less what PS/Xbox store charges as their fee. According to google. Meganoth was right on the long tail. Any teenager who gets a used ps4/xbox has a chance to buy this game.

Why should they now put up big disclaimers??

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    Your right none of us know anything. We don’t even know that they are having legal issues. Yes, that was casually mentioned for a brief moment in a video talking about Alpha 18 for PC. But, it could also be the easy way out of having to break bad news to people. TTG took that route. So I really don’t understand why you keep on and on and on about the fact we don’t know what end is up. I respect your opinion, as you should respect mine. I am 99.9% (only death and taxes are 100%) sure the rights were sold at an auction and TFP know if they won them or not. Another poster in the TTG update has the same claim to my info about the auction, and I know Roland reads the forums and sometimes responds.

So to clarify your console version has no real issues, and you are happy with where the game sits right now, and don’t care about a potential update that according to some posts has really cool stuff. Then as you once asked me. Why are you here in a thread that talks about hopes/worries and the future of the console edition???

I posted back when TTG was telling us about this cool update. Before the mid 2018 post of everything was moving forward and I think they even had a bootable game with the new engine. Then TFP gave us the bad news about TTG, because the obviously TTG wasn’t going to tell us. Then TFP talked about getting the rights back, and support/aid for console. I am riding this boat until it sinks.

I am still here just looking for some honest truth. Like free updates require money and additional risk and even more money if something goes wrong. Which is a logical reason not to move forward anymore.

IMHO TFP should have cut bait once TTG went under. I know their name is on it, but now any new customer who buys this game has a chance of thinking it is just TFPs game good or bad. AS both the PS and Xbox websites lists this forums as the official forums under purchasing 7 days to die.
    Warning.... at work and speed typing

I do respect your opinion you and anyone else have the right to one. Sure I'm sure the way I word thing I come across as ****head but I really don't mean nothing by it. It is just how I am.

I will say it once more and try to reword, word it different or something idk... you are right we don't know maybe they are full of ♥♥♥♥. But here is the thing not once ever from console time of playing or PC side of playing but mostly PC side because until this they hardly if at all came to console fourm side. (Besides Gazz I can recall several times but mostly describing how something work or such). But I personally have not seen them ever come out and say something then when brought up or some one ask about then ignore it or make up some excuse and lie about it. They have said things this or that was coming to the game but decided not to. When ask why they say why. So on and so on, but never seen them lie about it. Now I don't catch everything that gets put on the forums and maybe they have lied idk but I just never seen them do so. So if they say they have legal issues I believe them. They said they do what they can for all platforms the game is on I believe when or if they can that they will. Maybe I shouldn't believe them but like I said they have given me no reason not to trust them.

To clarify... my version has problems, glitches and bugs. Never from day one have I had anything game breaking or any of the friends I play with. The only type of reset any of us had was our maps when in the menu was 80% discovered but next day it was blank again. It sucked but by then we k we where was going and didn't look at the map anymore anyway so it wasn't game breaking. We have played 10 plus hours straight and not blue screen once with 4 at the same time on one person map. so the crashes we don't see like most. Anyway just sayin we don't see some of the stuff people have and by no means am I saying it doesn't happen but in our side of the glass we have a playable game.

Why am I here? Well I have friends that don't have a PC so when a few at work say you wanna get online and play when we get off work? I say sure why not. Or if those I only met on different games and such send a message out asking to play I jump on because I enjoy playing with them. We all knew what we bought when we bought the game. We all knew it was not guaranteed to match the PC version. Now we all know what is going on and understand that it is what it is and if an update comes it comes if not so be it. We have many many many hours into the game and we keep playing. So we definitely got our money worth. Until they come out and say we can't update anymore all i can do is take what they say as the truth as of now. Be patient and have fun until then. But when they say ok update this or this at this or that time then I can be even more excited for my friends and myself that more of what I get to enjoy on the PC they get to enjoy. So I stick around waiting on word. Not here downing them by sayin they lie and saying you don't believe them is the same thing as saying they are liers.

All I'm trying to figure out is if someone that don't believe them then why are they here? You want the honest truth but don't accept that the honest truth is they are tied in legal issues. So if they don't say what you want to here it must not be the honest truth and therefore they must be liers. So that is why I wonder why you are here. Don't mean no disrespect I just had to ask.

By the way you have answered these questions so you don't have to say again. I was just explaining in this is all and hope my speed typing is not that bad. Lol