Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopes and Worries about the Telltale Closure and Future of Console Edition

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 117561 View Post
    Roland is there anything you can tell. like no we didn't get the rights back, but trying to work with the group that did. or yes but still in legal b.s. or even no still trying.
    Petty sure they dont check the console bulletin

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Topo113 View Post
    Pretty sure their answer is the same as before. Legal reasons....

8-2-2019 RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Topo113 View Post
    Pretty sure all moderators use the "New Posts"-button to check up on the forum. So there is no unsupervised unchecked part of the forum.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Pretty sure all moderators use the "New Posts"-button to check up on the forum. So there is no unsupervised unchecked part of the forum.
    No, I actually hate that feature. It doesn't show the section the posts are in when they have similar names.

I just browse manually through all the new posts. They are pretty easily identified with the forum navigation.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    No, I actually hate that feature. It doesn't show the section the posts are in when they have similar names.

I just browse manually through all the new posts. They are pretty easily identified with the forum navigation.
    Definitely, one of the reasons why PC players comment in the console section sometimes because they do that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post

Ah right, probably the fire vs. no fire icon. Different method, same result. Do you have some rules as a moderator about checking new posts, or a set partitioning among moderators? Or just some informal agreement who watches what?

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Ah right, probably the fire vs. no fire icon. Different method, same result. Do you have some rules as a moderator about checking new posts, or a set partitioning among moderators? Or just some informal agreement who watches what?
    No rules really outside of enforcing the forum rules. The only "set partitioning" we really have is that xyth focuses more on the modding section. We all pretty much watch everything though. Each of us has different schedules. (not assigned, it's just life around the globe)

Most forum moderation is rather informal, and we police each other.

All the moderators watch all the forums, just some are more available or focus on certain active forums.

Refugee
    I've been checking the forums for new news every month or so, and hadn't even heard that some other company had necroed Telltale back into existence until this morning. At first I was actually excited about this, but after looking at the new Telltale website, it clearly states that they "do not currently have any rights to sell, distribute, or support 7 Days to Die". That leaves me with a few questions. Why would they use the word "currently"? Are they planning on trying to obtain those rights? What will they actually do with them if they do get them? Can we really trust them to handle the game again? If they aren't the supposed "mystery buyer" we had seen spoken about previously in the forums, then who is? If they don't have the right to sell, where is any money from any new sales currently going? I feel like I'm more befuddled by the whole situation now than I even was before, lol.

Survivor
    Your guess is as good as anyone's at this point.

But with zero word from anyone, I won't hold my breath that anything will ever continue forward with the game on console.

I won't say it's impossible, but from TFP, new Telltale, to Iron Galaxy, not a single word has been given. Even if it was just to say they were working toward it, or something to signify the game on console wasn't just tossed away would've been appreciated by everyone.

But this lack of response and level of silence has undoubtedly damaged the player base on console.

I personally still play it, love it still. Would've loved to seen just a few more things that A16 offered to be added into console version and I wouldn't have cared after that, but now?

I'll place my vision toward PC. It's a shame, but any further hope is energy wasted in my opinion.

Zombie Hunter
    Game is long dead on console get over it and play something else

Quote Originally Posted by maughanorama View Post
    Game is long dead on console get over it and play something else
    great pep talk. thanks. needed that.

Refugee
    I do not think I am the only one who would be supporting the idea of a paid update sold as a DLC on console to put us to A17 or close to whatever stable version is out there. Call the product what you want and polish the art a bit and slap a 30 to 40$ and people will buy it I am pretty sure. You could slap all the character individual packs in it as an incentive too. The game is good and it made a bundle on console. Your call.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by roychr View Post
    I do not think I am the only one who would be supporting the idea of a paid update sold as a DLC on console to put us to A17 or close to whatever stable version is out there. Call the product what you want and polish the art a bit and slap a 30 to 40$ and people will buy it I am pretty sure. You could slap all the character individual packs in it as an incentive too. The game is good and it made a bundle on console. Your call.
    Not at all something that should happen. We already bought the game broken and had little to no support that passed 2 years. Nobody should invest another dime in this game until we get the upgrade from over a year ago to at least make it playable. Honestly at this point i dont even know how the game is still being sold.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by NukemDed View Post
    great pep talk. thanks. needed that.
    I think we all know it is dead. Unfortunately we are just waiting for this major legal battle to end to get the same statement from TFP. The pep talk was when TFP said they were going to try to get the rights back to support console players. When support was changed to aid console players. I think that would have been the time to come clean that the update isn’t happening. Of course in another month we will hit the 1 year anniversary of the Tell Tale Update post in News and Announcments, and sadly nothing has changed since we haven’t heard from TFP, except the “legal issues” and buy a PC version blip in the Alpha 18 video for PC.

I agree with Maughamanorama it is dead but TFP haven’t acknowledged that yet.

8-2-19 RIP.