Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopes and Worries about the Telltale Closure and Future of Console Edition

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    "Legal issue" is not the same as "legal battle"
    Ok, where is this “Legal issue” or “legal battle” taking place. Just tell me what court system something by TFP was filed in and I will go find it.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    Ok, where is this “Legal issue” or “legal battle” taking place. Just tell me what court system something by TFP was filed in and I will go find it.
    Why do you feel you have the right to know every single thing that is going on behind closed doors? Because you bought a game?

How is one supposed to answer that question if none know? Also who said it was even in the court system as of yet? It could be lawyers going back and forth with one another or any other thing. How do you know that whatever it might be is even public knowledge? Maybe this is another reason they can't talk about it. I mean really it could be several different things. Either way we are a buyer of agame not stock holders, partners or any other term you wanna use to get knowledge what goes on what is happening behind the scene. If you feel like you are entitled to know everything before it is time then I'm sorry and will just leave it at that.

Edit: it is as simple as this they recently said themselves they can't talk about it because of legal stuff/issues. Either be patient or buy the PC version. (That is not any way an insult either)...... so going on about wanting answers isn't going to get you anywhere if it isn't obvious. So only 3 options are left.

1. Be patient.
    2. Buy the PC version.
    3. Or one don't believe what they say or do and just leave.

3 pretty simple options if you ask me.
    Last edited by crazywildfire; 07-14-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Refugee
    I would assume behind closed doors, with lawyers. Outside of the eyes of the public, you know, where the vast majority of legal issues are resolved.
    Reality is most contractual disputes are resolved behind closed doors, without any legal filings until AFTER they are resolved. As someone else pointed out, ‘legal reasons’ does not mean lawsuit, it could just mean they are following the advise of their lawyers until things are 100% set.

Colony Founder
    It might be taking place in lawyers offices and include phone calls, discussions and research.

I would say negotiations between companies, in which laywers try to negotiate some agreement are also put under the topic "legal issues". Another case would be if uncertainties in legal documents might prompt a law firm to do legal research. Simply said, anything that involves laywers.

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know if it is common to do (voluntary) arbitration without filing a law suit, but if yes, that would be another "issue" where no court is involved.
    Last edited by meganoth; 07-14-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Some of you are making faulty leaps in logic. Just because TFP couldn’t, on their own, publish the game to console doesn’t mean they weren’t excited about the prospect or thought the game would be a failure. They very much want to have a successful presence in the console market.

Also, TFP is very aware of the tarnish to their name and the 7 Days to Die brand. No employees or owners are denying that the hurt is real. TFP’s name is on the product and most gamers aren’t going to understand the intricacies of who is responsible for what. They will simply decide not to support any company associated with the product. This is part of the damages inflicted upon TFP by the collapse of Telltale.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    Why do you feel you have the right to know every single thing that is going on behind closed doors? Because you bought a game?

How is one supposed to answer that question if none know? Also who said it was even in the court system as of yet? It could be lawyers going back and forth with one another or any other thing. How do you know that whatever it might be is even public knowledge? Maybe this is another reason they can't talk about it. I mean really it could be several different things. Either way we are a buyer of agame not stock holders, partners or any other term you wanna use to get knowledge what goes on what is happening behind the scene. If you feel like you are entitled to know everything before it is time then I'm sorry and will just leave it at that.

Edit: it is as simple as this they recently said themselves they can't talk about it because of legal stuff/issues. Either be patient or buy the PC version. (That is not any way an insult either)...... so going on about wanting answers isn't going to get you anywhere if it isn't obvious. So only 3 options are left.

1. Be patient.
    2. Buy the PC version.
    3. Or one don't believe what they say or do and just leave.

3 pretty simple options if you ask me.
    1) I am patient, just expressing my side of how I see things.
    2) You obviously donÂ’t read any of my other posts. I OWN PC AND PS4 versions. So please pay attention.
    3) If TFP say it is going to happen or its not going to happen then I will consider leaving.

As for all the other posts on the legal behind closed doors ideas. Since TTG sold all of its assets, the only way to prevent that from happening would be to file an injunction. To stop or hold up said sale of said asset. Otherwise you will have to untangle anything that happened during the auction of TTG assets. Since creditors had to file in court by the 14th of April, TFP would have had to file something since once again TTG went out of business. Once the legal part of the assignment is over TTG doesnÂ’t exist anymore. There are no lawyers from TTG and TFP working out some kind of a deal. I am pretty sure the contract that TFP cancelled once they got the news had all the legal stuff lined out for if said company goes out of business. So I get that some might disagree with me, but we shall see.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Some of you are making faulty leaps in logic. Just because TFP couldn’t, on their own, publish the game to console doesn’t mean they weren’t excited about the prospect or thought the game would be a failure. They very much want to have a successful presence in the console market.

Also, TFP is very aware of the tarnish to their name and the 7 Days to Die brand. No employees or owners are denying that the hurt is real. TFP’s name is on the product and most gamers aren’t going to understand the intricacies of who is responsible for what. They will simply decide not to support any company associated with the product. This is part of the damages inflicted upon TFP by the collapse of Telltale.
    For the record I don’t blame TFP. I would buy their product if they did release it for console with the update. Once again assuming that is even possible. IF TTG doesn’t make a post about an update, but just go out of business. Then I don’t think this thread exists. Sorry I don’t think you can hold TFP responsible for what TTG was talking about doing.

Refugee
    The remaining issue being, IF TFP filed an injunction to stop the sale. IF they in fact just purchased the rights at auction (which may have been the cheaper option) there is still the transfer of publishing rights. That involves lawyers, and paperwork, lots and lots of paperwork, BEFORE anything available to the public is involved. Actual sale and transfer contracts need to be drawn up, which take time, and (again ) lawyers, in offices. All before things get publicly filed. This isn’t the kind of auction like when you bid on a canoe at a local fundraiser, these are intangible assets which have a hot mess of legal-ese and gibberish protecting them, and take a lot of time to transfer. And you bet your ass if TFP’s are smart, they’ll be extra careful after the cluster-F of the TTG debacle.

Colony Founder
    As for all the other posts on the legal behind closed doors ideas. Since TTG sold all of its assets, the only way to prevent that from happening would be to file an injunction. To stop or hold up said sale of said asset. Otherwise you will have to untangle anything that happened during the auction of TTG assets. Since creditors had to file in court by the 14th of April, TFP would have had to file something since once again TTG went out of business. Once the legal part of the assignment is over TTG doesnÂ’t exist anymore. There are no lawyers from TTG and TFP working out some kind of a deal. I am pretty sure the contract that TFP cancelled once they got the news had all the legal stuff lined out for if said company goes out of business. So I get that some might disagree with me, but we shall see.
    Who said the legal exchange would be between TFP and TTG or that TFP wants to stop the sale from the auction? It could be just difficult negotiations between TFP and the winner of the auction. It could be difficult negoations between TFP and IG or some other console developer. It could even be some third party involved we don't even have heard of. As farfetched as that sounds, in contract law anything is possible.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeshek View Post
    The remaining issue being, IF TFP filed an injunction to stop the sale. IF they in fact just purchased the rights at auction (which may have been the cheaper option) there is still the transfer of publishing rights. That involves lawyers, and paperwork, lots and lots of paperwork, BEFORE anything available to the public is involved. Actual sale and transfer contracts need to be drawn up, which take time, and (again ) lawyers, in offices. All before things get publicly filed. This isn’t the kind of auction like when you bid on a canoe at a local fundraiser, these are intangible assets which have a hot mess of legal-ese and gibberish protecting them, and take a lot of time to transfer. And you bet your ass if TFP’s are smart, they’ll be extra careful after the cluster-F of the TTG debacle.
    https://www.shrwood.com/

This company specializes in closing down companies. According to their website, “An assignment for the benefit of the creditors (ABC) has become an increasingly well-known insolvency process.“ So, I agree this isn’t a canoe at a local fundraiser, but it certainly isn’t a lengthy process as you describe either like a full on bankruptcy.

I have been talking to the Stranded Deep people to see how they were able to aquire their rights back from TTG. If I hear back I will post something factual.

I am pretty sure these same lawyers had something in the contract between TFP and TTG that told both sides what happens when X happens. Their wording of ending the rights and not allowing updates or sequels makes me think there was very likely something written into the agreement should one company go out of business or even get sued.

I hope Meganoth is right, and there legal issues are based on someone wanting to move forward with the console version. But I still fall back on the if no money is being made, no one is going to do anything. With the current version.
    Yes, Meganoth, I keep hoping they just re-release it after PC goes gold. With what ever can be added/updated and some fixing some bugs like ones that ruin pvp for my friends and myself.

Colony Founder
    What one company does or did doesn't mean the same thing happens with another company.

You assuming you know what they are working out and not working out. All of it is speculation. None of us know anything beyond that they are having legal issues. It might not even be about the bankruptcy. Anything that is not being said from TFP themselves is speculation even if another company did it this or that way. They are 1000s of 1000s of 1000s legal issues out there. TT could of done something they wasn't supposed to and now who ever has the rights is having to get it straightened out idk I mean it can be anything and I mean anything. So to say it shouldn't take this long and BM ot knowing what they are having issues with how do you know exactly?

I'd bet Roland's monthly paycheck that - even if the legal issues were resolved today - no actual development on the console version will commence until A18 becomes B18 and is on its way to gold. This...let's call it confidence in TFP's strategic planning and resource-allocation skills...is the basis for a long-term patiently waiting strategy on my part.

It would make a great Christmas present for 2020, one I'd even pay (again) for. But like the Lamborghini I keep asking for, my hopes for this particular gift aren't high. I got my money's worth 10x over, though, so I ain't even mad. If we get it, it's a bonus IMO. TFP doesn't owe me anything.

Keep up the good fight. And don't be jerks to one another.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boidster View Post
    I'd bet Roland's monthly paycheck that - even if the legal issues were resolved today - no actual development on the console version will commence until A18 becomes B18 and is on its way to gold. This...let's call it confidence in TFP's strategic planning and resource-allocation skills...is the basis for a long-term patiently waiting strategy on my part.

It would make a great Christmas present for 2020, one I'd even pay (again) for. But like the Lamborghini I keep asking for, my hopes for this particular gift aren't high. I got my money's worth 10x over, though, so I ain't even mad. If we get it, it's a bonus IMO. TFP doesn't owe me anything.

Keep up the good fight. And don't be jerks to one another.
    At a minimum, you're looking at at least several months once the legal issue are solved. They'll still have to negotiate a contract with IG for continued development, and then there's the remaining development that needs to be completed for the patch they were working on.

I would imagine once that is set, then development on the console might pause for a bit until the main title is closer to completion. Or they may only work on optimizing existing code to prepare for the new systems.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    At a minimum, you're looking at at least several months once the legal issue are solved. They'll still have to negotiate a contract with IG for continued development, and then there's the remaining development that needs to be completed for the patch they were working on.

I would imagine once that is set, then development on the console might pause for a bit until the main title is closer to completion. Or they may only work on optimizing existing code to prepare for the new systems.
    Yet the console versions will remain on sale making money for the pc version the entire time. I really wish the game would be pulled at this point. If we are talking another year without support it's only fair that nobody benefits from selling a game with so many issues. Pull it and try a relaunch late 2020 and hope people still care enough to give TFP another shot

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
    Yet the console versions will remain on sale making money for the pc version the entire time. I really wish the game would be pulled at this point. If we are talking another year without support it's only fair that nobody benefits from selling a game with so many issues. Pull it and try a relaunch late 2020 and hope people still care enough to give TFP another shot
    I'm not even sure where that money is going atm. IMHO, they should put it on hold like they've done with most of the other TellTale games. Or at least put up big disclaimers in the store page.