Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 168

Thread: Hopes and Worries about the Telltale Closure and Future of Console Edition

  1. #61
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Nit-picking territory. Everyone else please ignore this if you don't want to get a headache

    Yes, there is more communication. I'm just seeing that that "letter of intent" post in February corresponds nicely with the "letter of intent" of TFP in November (sorry I said October previously which is wrong).

    After that SD developers didn't post anything about what they were doing, who they contacted, if they have a deal brokered that just needed to be signed, if they have secured the money to continue development... . Instead they posted when they finally could report success on all fronts.

    Sure, most likely there was only one front (the publishing rights), not two like in TFP's case. But I don't see DS as a case where someone did better communication, just that circumstances made it impossible for DS to announce stage wins whereas TFP possibly could have announced one after the auction (IF....)

    We don't really know what DS would have done if they needed two deals to work out. Maybe they even did and didn't tell you!
    I disagree it is nit-picking territory. You agreed with Dernagon with the statement about questions regarding who owns the rights to the source code for console. I am stating the same thing. Did TFP aquire the rights back like other companies that were dealing with TTG as well?

    My SD posts were to show that communication is very important and that when you get little to no communication you end up with situations like we are currently in right now. As Dernagon said there is lots of little facts that could have been shared with us along this long and difficult process. I have been saying for a while I don’t see how TFP can spend resources on a console update and not get any ROI on that investment of resources. So that is why I feel it is important to know if they were able to get the rights back from the TTG assignment.

    As you can see from a couple of posts above there are some people who think the update is coming it just will be months or years away. There hasn’t been a single word said about the update from TFP. The main thing they last said was they were working on getting the rights to console back. I am 100% confident they know if they got the rights from the TTG assignment/auction which ended months ago. If they didn’t try to retain it via the auction, then I don’t see them trying to actively retain the rights from someone who just bought it from the TTG assignment. It doesnt make smart business sense.

    I don’t see the update happening even though I would be willing to pay for it. I am just wanting to hear it from TFP, just like when TTG said the update was coming. I think we can all agree if TFP were not successful in retaining the console source code rights then the chances for the update are likely zero. If TFP did get the rights and intend to re-release 7D2D to get paid, that is fine too just let me know where I can pre-order it. Or if the intent is to finish the PC version before doing anything with console, then say that. Seems to me the easy way out is to just be quiet. As another poster said I don’t need to see their dirty underwear, I just need to know they are alive and where we stand right now.


    For the record I am like some that have posted, and love the game. I understand TFP are not to blame for what happened with TTG. I do blame them for the total silence since November. As Dernagon said there are lots of little bits of info they could have released that might have helped us feel like things were progressing in a positive direction. As of right now with the lack of communications even from posts like 7D2D official T-shirt posts I hope you understand why I am skeptical of the direction we are currently headed and why I am slightly frustrated in the lack of communication.

  2. #62
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_Leopard View Post
    So what I've been reading for the last few hours/days/weeks/months is that the game isn't getting an update for probably a little while. (Months to a year) It desperately needs one for the state it's in currently. You can't play multiplayer and you can't play single player for an extended period of time. I'm tired of seeing everyone here say, "we got what we paid for, every update after was just icing to the cake." I strongly disagree about that. If the "icing" makes the game hardly run and unplayable then we didn't get what we payed for. Everyone is wanting new content and new things to play around with. Well, I simply want a game that runs and won't blue screen (close the game) on me after 1 hour of play during a single player world. Or 30 minutes for a multiplayer world. It's a great game and I love playing it, but the amount of progress lost and the amount of time wasted is too much to have to deal with.

    If we ever receive an update it won't be at least for a few months to a year. I know that. You know that. We all know that. So why can't we just accept that and not fight about something we literally cannot control because we none work for the company that got the rights and we don't know who got the rights.
    I agree with most of your post in regards to the multi-player issues I run into when playing with my friends. Playing pvp with friends and being reset to lvl 1 on day 20+ is very fustrating. Lost progress is a killer in pvp.

    That being said in the last few hours/days/weeks/months what did you read that makes you believe we are still getting an update months to a year down the road? Because your last statement said “If we ever receive an update it won’t be at least for a few months to a year”. I noticed you used the words “If we ever”, versus “probably a little while” like your first paragraph. I don’t feel I am fighting, just wanting to know the truth. I am leaning on the side we are not going to get one, but until TFP say something one way or the other we DONT know what is going to happen. Since TTG said the update was coming by the end of 2018 back in January of 2018, I have been reading these forums. So I am looking to either close the book on this chapter or hear from TFP that there is more to come. I understand whatever decision they choose, but it is getting frustrating to not hear a single thing.

  3. #63
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,237
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    I disagree it is nit-picking territory. You agreed with Dernagon with the statement about questions regarding who owns the rights to the source code for console. I am stating the same thing. Did TFP aquire the rights back like other companies that were dealing with TTG as well?
    I would say it is nitpicking whether SD's case is similar to TFPs because you might give SD's developer a "browny point" for being somewhat more open, but that doesn't mean that TFP would have to follow the example. And if we broaden the perspective there are hundreds of games companies that are more secretive than TFP. For example Blizzard had a followup MMORPG to World of Warcraft in development for years and then canceled it and nobody knew about it. This is how games companies usually work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    My SD posts were to show that communication is very important and that when you get little to no communication you end up with situations like we are currently in right now. As Dernagon said there is lots of little facts that could have been shared with us along this long and difficult process. I have been saying for a while I don’t see how TFP can spend resources on a console update and not get any ROI on that investment of resources. So that is why I feel it is important to know if they were able to get the rights back from the TTG assignment.
    The situation right now is that we have a handful disgruntled and a handful who demand at least some information in this forum. All in all a very ♥♥♥♥storm-free forum. Probably many went on to other games, others are lurking and simply waiting for news to come. I may not be happy how TFP handles it, but I can understand that TFP might fear that for example continued updates could have generated a hype that would be fatal in case it doesn't work out.

    What I am saying is: Keeping silent is a valid strategy that might not make much difference in the end if they have good news. And even create less of an uproar in case of a bad end because people already don't expect much. Look at it from their point: They don't need an active console community right now (it might be even detrimental), they only need one in 1 or 2 years from now or never.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    As you can see from a couple of posts above there are some people who think the update is coming it just will be months or years away. There hasn’t been a single word said about the update from TFP. The main thing they last said was they were working on getting the rights to console back. I am 100% confident they know if they got the rights from the TTG assignment/auction which ended months ago. If they didn’t try to retain it via the auction, then I don’t see them trying to actively retain the rights from someone who just bought it from the TTG assignment. It doesnt make smart business sense.

    I don’t see the update happening even though I would be willing to pay for it. I am just wanting to hear it from TFP, just like when TTG said the update was coming. I think we can all agree if TFP were not successful in retaining the console source code rights then the chances for the update are likely zero. If TFP did get the rights and intend to re-release 7D2D to get paid, that is fine too just let me know where I can pre-order it. Or if the intent is to finish the PC version before doing anything with console, then say that. Seems to me the easy way out is to just be quiet. As another poster said I don’t need to see their dirty underwear, I just need to know they are alive and where we stand right now.


    For the record I am like some that have posted, and love the game. I understand TFP are not to blame for what happened with TTG. I do blame them for the total silence since November. As Dernagon said there are lots of little bits of info they could have released that might have helped us feel like things were progressing in a positive direction. As of right now with the lack of communications even from posts like 7D2D official T-shirt posts I hope you understand why I am skeptical of the direction we are currently headed and why I am slightly frustrated in the lack of communication.
    I get your frustration. It is also totally ok to judge TFP's silence, although you can only fully evaluate their actions when the whole information becomes available.
    But I don't agree with two of your conclusions:

    * If TFP didn't get the rights, chances are still above zero. If some "opportunist" got the rights from the auction, he has two things, a game on console that still generates revenue over a long time and source code he can't do anything with. If he looks to make money he might keep the revenue and try to sell the source code to TFP, but with as much profit as he can get. So he might wait for a few months, then make an unreasonable offer to TFP and wait for a counter offer, make a new offer... Such a case would not be hopeless because TFP is the only party the opportunist can sell the source code to. On the other hand the opportunist has no urgency, he can wait and hope for better offers.

    * The most likely reason they did not offer the t-shirt to console owners (in January 2019!!!) is that they thought it would create a bad impression if they offered a t-shirt but no new version of the game. Imagine Ubisoft did announce they are thinking about not releasing the next Assassin Creed onc console and shortly after that offer a t-shirt to console owners of the game. Many would consider this a cash-grab or blackmail, i.e. buy the shirt or AC won't be available for you.

    Am I wrong? Could anyone else comment whether they would have seen TFP advertising the t-shirt to console owners in January as a bad move? I would have, but my moral compass might be off here because I'm VERY critical to all merchandise bussiness, for example I consider in-game shops as a major reason to not buy a game.

    PS: I put a sentence you wrote in bold letters. Could you explain why you don't think it makes sense to try to get the source code from another party that bought the whole package?
    Last edited by meganoth; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:42 AM.

  4. #64
    Refugee Zombie_Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    I agree with most of your post in regards to the multi-player issues I run into when playing with my friends. Playing pvp with friends and being reset to lvl 1 on day 20+ is very fustrating. Lost progress is a killer in pvp.

    That being said in the last few hours/days/weeks/months what did you read that makes you believe we are still getting an update months to a year down the road? Because your last statement said “If we ever receive an update it won’t be at least for a few months to a year”. I noticed you used the words “If we ever”, versus “probably a little while” like your first paragraph. I don’t feel I am fighting, just wanting to know the truth. I am leaning on the side we are not going to get one, but until TFP say something one way or the other we DONT know what is going to happen. Since TTG said the update was coming by the end of 2018 back in January of 2018, I have been reading these forums. So I am looking to either close the book on this chapter or hear from TFP that there is more to come. I understand whatever decision they choose, but it is getting frustrating to not hear a single thing.
    I'm just assuming. You know how it is with everything going on here. Everyone has some opinions about this topic. Whether it's that we get an update, or simply never do. That's why I said if we ever did because I hope and pray for an update to fix the problems I have stated here. It's a long shot I know, but I'm just hoping for a fix to something that should of been at least somewhat more stable than it is currently. I would love new content, but I don't need it and don't want to try and do something with a broken system. It's as everyone states "icing to an already finished cake."
    "We don't need to expect new content because we already bought the game as it was. Everything after is filler to better the game." So on and so forth. Like you said, not trying to argue. Just stating my view of it currently.

  5. #65
    Refugee Evilthumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0
    Thoughts.... Years of gameplay for my 30 bucks or whatever it was ea fun game, one of my favorites tbh ambitious quirky.. Oh the graphics though haha.voxel. Whatever mechanics>pretty
    Watching Joels YouTube shows drooling became too much, elec and gyros-- wicha fancy coffeez. 😆
    Thanks for this game so much fun
    I want updates of course
    Who doesn't

  6. #66
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    I get your frustration. It is also totally ok to judge TFP's silence, although you can only fully evaluate their actions when the whole information becomes available.
    But I don't agree with two of your conclusions:

    * If TFP didn't get the rights, chances are still above zero. If some "opportunist" got the rights from the auction, he has two things, a game on console that still generates revenue over a long time and source code he can't do anything with. If he looks to make money he might keep the revenue and try to sell the source code to TFP, but with as much profit as he can get. So he might wait for a few months, then make an unreasonable offer to TFP and wait for a counter offer, make a new offer... Such a case would not be hopeless because TFP is the only party the opportunist can sell the source code to. On the other hand the opportunist has no urgency, he can wait and hope for better offers.

    * The most likely reason they did not offer the t-shirt to console owners (in January 2019!!!) is that they thought it would create a bad impression if they offered a t-shirt but no new version of the game. Imagine Ubisoft did announce they are thinking about not releasing the next Assassin Creed onc console and shortly after that offer a t-shirt to console owners of the game. Many would consider this a cash-grab or blackmail, i.e. buy the shirt or AC won't be available for you.

    Am I wrong? Could anyone else comment whether they would have seen TFP advertising the t-shirt to console owners in January as a bad move? I would have, but my moral compass might be off here because I'm VERY critical to all merchandise bussiness, for example I consider in-game shops as a major reason to not buy a game.

    PS: I put a sentence you wrote in bold letters. Could you explain why you don't think it makes sense to try to get the source code from another party that bought the whole package?
    I skipped most of your initial post, as I think we can agree to disagree on the nitpicking part. I do see your point of view, and I hope you see my point of view on that issue. Funny how we communicate quite well even though we disagree on some things.


    In regards to my statment you bolded. The least expensive way for TFP to get the source code rights would have been to buy it from the Sherwood Partners auction of TTG assets. Because if someone else bought it, using your own words the would keep it for the long tail stream of revenue or “sell the source code to TFP, but with as much profit as he can get.” So to get the source code now will be more expensive then if they bought it themselves from the auction, if it is even available for sale. So in simple business terms why would TFP spend money/resources on the console version, to spend more resources on an update that would generate almost zero rate of return??

    The reality of it would be the best financial decision for them would be to re-release the game, with the new unity engine and whatever content they can add to it and not kill the hardware. Of course that is assuming TFP want to be involved in the console arena. Which I believe they don’t and I cannot blame them for not doing this long before being approached by TTG. Maybe they kicked the idea around and said lets port it to console, and 6/mo later someone said we have issues that we didn’t forsee and it is never going to work as intended. But when TTG comes and is willing to absorb the risk TFP sign a deal that gets them cash for something they feel isn’t going to work or worth the risk. TFP are a for-profit business, and TTG is a sign of what happens when your company spends more money then it brings back in revenue.


    As for why TFP didn’t offer the T-shirt or the contest for a free steam key in console. Once again I know console isn’t steam, but for $29.99 they could have given away a free console version. I think TFP are in an awkward spot and either they never wanted to be involved in the console version, or because TTG made a ton more money then anticipated when 7D2D first launched. If 7D2D can play like TFP want it to on console, and if that type of hardware is an arena they want to be involved in, then I believe they will do something. Unfortunately TTG got the lions share of “new” player revenue when the game was released. For-Profit business normally don’t buy assets to put more money/resources into said asset and not make additional revenue off of it. The most logical process left is TFP, let the rights go because it really isn’t worth the additional cost, contact IG for the port they were already working on (since they have past knowledge) and re-release the game and make the money that TTG did, but this time TFP are not left holding the empty bag and some game needing fixing. I PERSONALLY think TFP know 7D2D would be slightly unstable at best on this current console due to hardware, but TTG didn’t do them any favors by going out of business.

    Once again, I don’t know if any of this is possible or what the future holds. Some simple statment of facts and some genuine communication isn’t asking to much is it?

  7. #67
    Ranger NukemDed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    nz
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    1
    madmole is in the Dallas office this week saying he will be very busy, this just after saying he has done his bits for a18.
    could he be in discussions over the console version...?
    well, I can be hopeful cant I?

  8. #68
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,237
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    In regards to my statment you bolded. The least expensive way for TFP to get the source code rights would have been to buy it from the Sherwood Partners auction of TTG assets. Because if someone else bought it, using your own words the would keep it for the long tail stream of revenue or “sell the source code to TFP, but with as much profit as he can get.” So to get the source code now will be more expensive then if they bought it themselves from the auction, if it is even available for sale. So in simple business terms why would TFP spend money/resources on the console version, to spend more resources on an update that would generate almost zero rate of return??
    The least expensive way? In general I agree, but that also depends a little on the sort of auction. If there was only one bidding-round, TFP could have hoped to get the package cheaper and given a lower bid because half the package (the source code) would normally only have worth for them. They could also have undervalued the expected revenue of the current console version or someone else overvalued the expected revenue (which would mean that that person could still sell them the source code for less than they bid for it).

    Also if someone else got everything, they may be interested in giving the source code to TFP even for a low price because their customers will get that update too, which will increase the revenue of the current console version as it is more attractive to potential buyers.

  9. #69
    Nomad ZombieHoG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    The deepest wallow in HoGland
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NukemDed View Post
    madmole is in the Dallas office this week saying he will be very busy, this just after saying he has done his bits for a18.
    could he be in discussions over the console version...?
    well, I can be hopeful cant I?
    There are quite some game development studios in dallas...
    You ignited some hope in me

  10. #70
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    I’m really just hoping that the fun pimps are working hard to get the rights back. I bought this game back when it first came to console and have loved it since. The lack of updates always hurts but it is a great game nonetheless. I believe all of us are excited for the future of 7 Days to die, and are patiently waiting for new updates on the auction and other news.

  11. #71
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,171
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHoG View Post
    There are quite some game development studios in dallas...
    You ignited some hope in me
    That is where the main TFP office is. I keep meaning to visit when I'm in Dallas, but never find the spare time to.

  12. #72
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    The least expensive way? In general I agree, but that also depends a little on the sort of auction. If there was only one bidding-round, TFP could have hoped to get the package cheaper and given a lower bid because half the package (the source code) would normally only have worth for them. They could also have undervalued the expected revenue of the current console version or someone else overvalued the expected revenue (which would mean that that person could still sell them the source code for less than they bid for it).

    Also if someone else got everything, they may be interested in giving the source code to TFP even for a low price because their customers will get that update too, which will increase the revenue of the current console version as it is more attractive to potential buyers.
    Meganoth, You can add all the variables you want to the auction. The fact still remains at the end of the auction the person who bought the source code paid X. If TFP are still planning on trying to do the update they will need to pay the person who won the auction(source code) and whatever profit this person/company wants, as well as paying someone to do the update for the port to console to finish what TTG started. So if TFP didn’t buy the source code from the TTG auction they will be paying more then if they had bought the source code from the auction. Not sure how many potential buyers are left, versus the number of people getting the free update.


    So I have answered your question here is mine to you.

    What makes you think TFP want to spend money/resources to produce an update that for a game someone else started on console, that is now (potentially) owned by someone completely different??

    If you do believe they will spend money/resources to aquire the source code, and then pay a company to do the actual work to finish the update. How do you think TFP will gain any extra revenue from all that work for an update?

    I understand there are some who have not bought 7D2D for console, but I am willing to bet the amount that still have not bought it yet, is no where near the number of people that have already purchased it. To me this is about money because unfortunately almost everything revolves around it. The cost of the update is not worth the risk of revenue in this situation.

    Of course when I finally hear from TFP one way or the other I will be happy. I am only hear because of their TellTale Games update post. Of course when you hear continuing aid to console vs support console your lawyer ears should perk up. I am pretty sure the original post said support all platforms, but it was edited and now says continuing aid to console players.

    I hope I am wrong, and would gladly eat crow and apologize for things I am wrong about. Unfortunately since that TTG update post the only info I have found is from Sherwood Partners who handled the TTG assignment. Another poster did as I did and called and got the same info. So there are facts to be know, but I haven’t heard it from TFP directly.


    I see a post or two after yours there are still people who think the auction isn’t ended.

  13. #73
    Refugee
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Sometimes there’s only a very small part of an entire post that warrants a response because you can tell that the person has already made up their mind and nothing will change it.

    Case in point.
    Well, totally disregarding valid and justified criticism just verifies the accusations of biased moderation, fanboy attitude and general hostility towards console customers. Life must be easy, but lonely, when you are totally incapable of taking any responsibility about your actions. I genuinely feel sorry for you, SylenThunder, crazywildfire and like. You seem to think, delusionally, I have to add, that by just ignoring 100% valid criticism, the issues don't exist. Do you behave this irresponsible IRL too?

    By what grounds you think that, us paying console customers, are not entitled to a working product, same as PC customers? No, I am not whining about all the missing features that PC has. I do understand the limitations of console hardware and possibly the developers, the number one issue here is that the game is still broken in many levels. It's also very immoral to still keep selling the game for consoles, at it's current state. There is absolutely no mention in the games description pages or in the non-existent console home page about the current uncertainty for console version.

    In the civilized part of the world, this kind of deliberate deception can be grounds for legal actions. I know that TFP is based in the less civilized part of the world, when it comes to consumer rights (and bunch of other things too, but we don't need to go there in this conversation now do we?), but still it's quite self-centric and does not give an impression of intelligence to only view and consider these issues trough eyes of average MAGA-Joe. This may come as shock to some of you, but most of the people in the world don't live in the "land of the free" and here in the more civilized parts of the world we have these things called consumer rights and morality.

    I know I may sometimes come out as arrogant and hard to understand to some of you. I know that some words I use are kind of long and c-o-m-p-l-i-c-a-t-e-d, even tough English is not my native language, but even this does not dismiss the facts. This forum is clearly PC-centric and openly hostile towards console customers. The console version of the game is a mess and TFP at least shares the resposibility, because they still keep profiting from it. The moderation here is highly questionable, to put it as politely as I can, because they allow off topic, childish and unfounded personal attack posts like these,
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire
    We are talking about someone that has only made this one post and being the first post this is what they say. Most likely someone that has either been ban or made another account to write it����
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth
    crazywildfire, seems your guess was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire
    ��������

    Well ya know. It must be the fanboy in me that spotted it ��. With that said only a few people here that has had a account before go on about the PCMR stuff so got an idea on who it is.��������
    and participate in this childish bullying by suggesting to console customers that have issues with their game, to get the PC version and by ignoring fair and justified criticism. I don't know how you judge people, that stick their head in the sand, instead of tackling the issue in hand, but I don't judge them very highly personally and I don't believe any responsible grownup will either.

    Lastly, my beloved Roland, you can't know for a fact, if you can change some ones mind, if you don't even try to and most of the things I have stated, and you have blatantly ignored, are facts, not opinions that someone could change their mind on.

    To crazywildfire I sure would like to see some evidence for your accusations. Have fun with your paranoia and wasting your time. According to your post history, those two should not be too unfamiliar concepts for you.

    To not to be all sourpuss, I would like to offer a solution. If(Because) TFP can't(be bothered to) get the console version going again, the least they could do is offer free PC version for those who have purchased the console version. Although this would not help others like me, who have purchased the console version, because their friends mainly have consoles, it would still go long way to mediate the situation. The loss in earnings would be negligible, as opposite to the beliefs of the forum moderators and fanboys a like, no one or at least very few console gamer's would buy the PC version anyway, after how they have been treated. This way they could at least argue they have not totally forgotten/ignored their whole console customer base. For some reason I think that instead of this, they are going to just whitewash the forums and keep totally ignoring their console customer base, like they have done so far.

  14. #74
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,237
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    So if TFP didn’t buy the source code from the TTG auction they will be paying more then if they had bought the source code from the auction.
    Sorry, my long winding sentences are often hard to understand. So I'll try one more time even though this point isn't really worth talking endlessly about:
    The value of the current console game depends on future sales. This value can only be guessed and will be different for any prospective buyer. It follows that even if a buyer values the source code similar or lower than TFP does, he could bid more for the whole package than TFP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    So I have answered your question here is mine to you.

    What makes you think TFP want to spend money/resources to produce an update that for a game someone else started on console, that is now (potentially) owned by someone completely different??
    I have already answered that question and listed a few reasons, in an answer to you no less!! No surprise you don't remember it, it was months ago. See the list further down in https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post953380 . Obviously point 2 won't be valid in this scenario, all the other reasons are still good.

    Even a DLC is possible, probably only in cooperation with the new owner. But the new owner would be interested in a DLC as well (as he might get a small percentage of the revenue and it would increase the value of the base game)
    Last edited by meganoth; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:32 PM.

  15. #75
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    United States ����
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    For whom ever bought the rights to this game on console. I would not have a problem paying for a DLC pack for this game. I know who ever bought the rights still needs to make money.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •