Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 179

Thread: Hopes and Worries about the Telltale Closure and Future of Console Edition

  1. #151
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Can't believe this unfinished game with no future updates is still selling for 30 bucks on the xbox live market.... something is wrong here.

  2. #152
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    What one company does or did doesn't mean the same thing happens with another company.

    You assuming you know what they are working out and not working out. All of it is speculation. None of us know anything beyond that they are having legal issues. It might not even be about the bankruptcy. Anything that is not being said from TFP themselves is speculation even if another company did it this or that way. They are 1000s of 1000s of 1000s legal issues out there. TT could of done something they wasn't supposed to and now who ever has the rights is having to get it straightened out idk I mean it can be anything and I mean anything. So to say it shouldn't take this long and BM ot knowing what they are having issues with how do you know exactly?
    Your right none of us know anything. We don’t even know that they are having legal issues. Yes, that was casually mentioned for a brief moment in a video talking about Alpha 18 for PC. But, it could also be the easy way out of having to break bad news to people. TTG took that route. So I really don’t understand why you keep on and on and on about the fact we don’t know what end is up. I respect your opinion, as you should respect mine. I am 99.9% (only death and taxes are 100%) sure the rights were sold at an auction and TFP know if they won them or not. Another poster in the TTG update has the same claim to my info about the auction, and I know Roland reads the forums and sometimes responds.

    So to clarify your console version has no real issues, and you are happy with where the game sits right now, and don’t care about a potential update that according to some posts has really cool stuff. Then as you once asked me. Why are you here in a thread that talks about hopes/worries and the future of the console edition???

    I posted back when TTG was telling us about this cool update. Before the mid 2018 post of everything was moving forward and I think they even had a bootable game with the new engine. Then TFP gave us the bad news about TTG, because the obviously TTG wasn’t going to tell us. Then TFP talked about getting the rights back, and support/aid for console. I am riding this boat until it sinks.

    I am still here just looking for some honest truth. Like free updates require money and additional risk and even more money if something goes wrong. Which is a logical reason not to move forward anymore.

    IMHO TFP should have cut bait once TTG went under. I know their name is on it, but now any new customer who buys this game has a chance of thinking it is just TFPs game good or bad. AS both the PS and Xbox websites lists this forums as the official forums under purchasing 7 days to die.

  3. #153
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    I'm not even sure where that money is going atm. IMHO, they should put it on hold like they've done with most of the other TellTale games. Or at least put up big disclaimers in the store page.
    The money goes to the new owner of the source code, less what PS/Xbox store charges as their fee. According to google. Meganoth was right on the long tail. Any teenager who gets a used ps4/xbox has a chance to buy this game.

    Why should they now put up big disclaimers??

  4. #154
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,497
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle604 View Post
    Your right none of us know anything. We don’t even know that they are having legal issues. Yes, that was casually mentioned for a brief moment in a video talking about Alpha 18 for PC. But, it could also be the easy way out of having to break bad news to people. TTG took that route. So I really don’t understand why you keep on and on and on about the fact we don’t know what end is up. I respect your opinion, as you should respect mine. I am 99.9% (only death and taxes are 100%) sure the rights were sold at an auction and TFP know if they won them or not. Another poster in the TTG update has the same claim to my info about the auction, and I know Roland reads the forums and sometimes responds.

    So to clarify your console version has no real issues, and you are happy with where the game sits right now, and don’t care about a potential update that according to some posts has really cool stuff. Then as you once asked me. Why are you here in a thread that talks about hopes/worries and the future of the console edition???

    I posted back when TTG was telling us about this cool update. Before the mid 2018 post of everything was moving forward and I think they even had a bootable game with the new engine. Then TFP gave us the bad news about TTG, because the obviously TTG wasn’t going to tell us. Then TFP talked about getting the rights back, and support/aid for console. I am riding this boat until it sinks.

    I am still here just looking for some honest truth. Like free updates require money and additional risk and even more money if something goes wrong. Which is a logical reason not to move forward anymore.

    IMHO TFP should have cut bait once TTG went under. I know their name is on it, but now any new customer who buys this game has a chance of thinking it is just TFPs game good or bad. AS both the PS and Xbox websites lists this forums as the official forums under purchasing 7 days to die.
    Warning.... at work and speed typing

    I do respect your opinion you and anyone else have the right to one. Sure I'm sure the way I word thing I come across as ****head but I really don't mean nothing by it. It is just how I am.

    I will say it once more and try to reword, word it different or something idk... you are right we don't know maybe they are full of ♥♥♥♥. But here is the thing not once ever from console time of playing or PC side of playing but mostly PC side because until this they hardly if at all came to console fourm side. (Besides Gazz I can recall several times but mostly describing how something work or such). But I personally have not seen them ever come out and say something then when brought up or some one ask about then ignore it or make up some excuse and lie about it. They have said things this or that was coming to the game but decided not to. When ask why they say why. So on and so on, but never seen them lie about it. Now I don't catch everything that gets put on the forums and maybe they have lied idk but I just never seen them do so. So if they say they have legal issues I believe them. They said they do what they can for all platforms the game is on I believe when or if they can that they will. Maybe I shouldn't believe them but like I said they have given me no reason not to trust them.

    To clarify... my version has problems, glitches and bugs. Never from day one have I had anything game breaking or any of the friends I play with. The only type of reset any of us had was our maps when in the menu was 80% discovered but next day it was blank again. It sucked but by then we k we where was going and didn't look at the map anymore anyway so it wasn't game breaking. We have played 10 plus hours straight and not blue screen once with 4 at the same time on one person map. so the crashes we don't see like most. Anyway just sayin we don't see some of the stuff people have and by no means am I saying it doesn't happen but in our side of the glass we have a playable game.

    Why am I here? Well I have friends that don't have a PC so when a few at work say you wanna get online and play when we get off work? I say sure why not. Or if those I only met on different games and such send a message out asking to play I jump on because I enjoy playing with them. We all knew what we bought when we bought the game. We all knew it was not guaranteed to match the PC version. Now we all know what is going on and understand that it is what it is and if an update comes it comes if not so be it. We have many many many hours into the game and we keep playing. So we definitely got our money worth. Until they come out and say we can't update anymore all i can do is take what they say as the truth as of now. Be patient and have fun until then. But when they say ok update this or this at this or that time then I can be even more excited for my friends and myself that more of what I get to enjoy on the PC they get to enjoy. So I stick around waiting on word. Not here downing them by sayin they lie and saying you don't believe them is the same thing as saying they are liers.

    All I'm trying to figure out is if someone that don't believe them then why are they here? You want the honest truth but don't accept that the honest truth is they are tied in legal issues. So if they don't say what you want to here it must not be the honest truth and therefore they must be liers. So that is why I wonder why you are here. Don't mean no disrespect I just had to ask.

    By the way you have answered these questions so you don't have to say again. I was just explaining in this is all and hope my speed typing is not that bad. Lol

  5. #155
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    Warning.... at work and speed typing

    I do respect your opinion you and anyone else have the right to one. Sure I'm sure the way I word thing I come across as ****head but I really don't mean nothing by it. It is just how I am.

    I will say it once more and try to reword, word it different or something idk... you are right we don't know maybe they are full of ♥♥♥♥. But here is the thing not once ever from console time of playing or PC side of playing but mostly PC side because until this they hardly if at all came to console fourm side. (Besides Gazz I can recall several times but mostly describing how something work or such). But I personally have not seen them ever come out and say something then when brought up or some one ask about then ignore it or make up some excuse and lie about it. They have said things this or that was coming to the game but decided not to. When ask why they say why. So on and so on, but never seen them lie about it. Now I don't catch everything that gets put on the forums and maybe they have lied idk but I just never seen them do so. So if they say they have legal issues I believe them. They said they do what they can for all platforms the game is on I believe when or if they can that they will. Maybe I shouldn't believe them but like I said they have given me no reason not to trust them.

    To clarify... my version has problems, glitches and bugs. Never from day one have I had anything game breaking or any of the friends I play with. The only type of reset any of us had was our maps when in the menu was 80% discovered but next day it was blank again. It sucked but by then we k we where was going and didn't look at the map anymore anyway so it wasn't game breaking. We have played 10 plus hours straight and not blue screen once with 4 at the same time on one person map. so the crashes we don't see like most. Anyway just sayin we don't see some of the stuff people have and by no means am I saying it doesn't happen but in our side of the glass we have a playable game.

    Why am I here? Well I have friends that don't have a PC so when a few at work say you wanna get online and play when we get off work? I say sure why not. Or if those I only met on different games and such send a message out asking to play I jump on because I enjoy playing with them. We all knew what we bought when we bought the game. We all knew it was not guaranteed to match the PC version. Now we all know what is going on and understand that it is what it is and if an update comes it comes if not so be it. We have many many many hours into the game and we keep playing. So we definitely got our money worth. Until they come out and say we can't update anymore all i can do is take what they say as the truth as of now. Be patient and have fun until then. But when they say ok update this or this at this or that time then I can be even more excited for my friends and myself that more of what I get to enjoy on the PC they get to enjoy. So I stick around waiting on word. Not here downing them by sayin they lie and saying you don't believe them is the same thing as saying they are liers.

    All I'm trying to figure out is if someone that don't believe them then why are they here? You want the honest truth but don't accept that the honest truth is they are tied in legal issues. So if they don't say what you want to here it must not be the honest truth and therefore they must be liers. So that is why I wonder why you are here. Don't mean no disrespect I just had to ask.

    By the way you have answered these questions so you don't have to say again. I was just explaining in this is all and hope my speed typing is not that bad. Lol
    Thank you and yes, text can be easy to read, but hard to read into it, if there is something deeper. Or sometimes I just read it wrong, because my brain try’s to process every detail in every possible way. So, I understand your point.

    I think we are very similar with the PC and console friends. I really wish we didn’t have the issues of non host players being reset to lvl 1, but I guess sometimes that is the way it is. I agree with you if the update comes great, if not ok time to move on. I have never said I didn’t get my moneys worth. I agree playable, but frustrating after we save for the night and the next day one or all 3 people are reset to lvl 1 because of some kind of issue with the save file. For us 1 in 3 games it happens. Sometimes back to back. But it is what it is and why we stopped playing. We liked the excitement of knowing one of us is out there hunting us like the zombies. Now we are looking to spend money on a new game.

    For the record, I don’t believe TFP have lied to us. I think some truthful things could be talked about, but as a lawyer the less you say the less you have to worry about. There is a difference between withholding truth and lies. Maybe they have bad legal advice, I don’t know. But at this point I plan on coming back until TFP do finally tell us one way or the other on the direction things are going. This whole issue isn’t their fault, but hiding from what is actually going on makes me get suspicious. I have seen a few posts of people willing to pay more for the game if that update can happen, as would I. Maybe TFP don’t want to mess with console, maybe they do. Maybe PS5 or the next Xbox will be the target goal. Seems to me the PC side is so far ahead of the console side. I would understand them not wanting to look back.

    Unfortunately since I read the PC side, I see the message. It will be done when it is done. If you read the PC side you know what I am talking about. So we wait.

    As for myself. I would post its over the update is not happening. There is nothing to see or hear everyone go on about your normal lives. Then one day in the future if the deal was sealed 100% guess what things changed and here is .....

  6. #156
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,543
    Rep Power
    2
    Pricing and product warning at this point is pretty much all on Microsoft and Sony. They manage their own stores. I really doubt 7Days gets any shelf space in physical stores other than bargain bins or used game shelves at this point in time.

    It was Microsoft and Sony who approved the ports and dubbed them retail ready. Nothing gets released for consoles without the approval process of them.

    In addition it is the publishers right to set the price of the goods but retail stores do have the ability to run sales and put things on clearance. Now with no publisher even in existence to dictate terms of sale with retail outlets it pretty much comes down to what each store wants to charge. Go to Gamestop and youll probably find 7 Days disks for super cheap and the clerk will probably tell you about the issues with the game. Go to the Microsoft and Sony stores and it is still $29.99 and no info about the past year.

    Thats on them.

  7. #157
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Pricing and product warning at this point is pretty much all on Microsoft and Sony. They manage their own stores. I really doubt 7Days gets any shelf space in physical stores other than bargain bins or used game shelves at this point in time.

    It was Microsoft and Sony who approved the ports and dubbed them retail ready. Nothing gets released for consoles without the approval process of them.

    In addition it is the publishers right to set the price of the goods but retail stores do have the ability to run sales and put things on clearance. Now with no publisher even in existence to dictate terms of sale with retail outlets it pretty much comes down to what each store wants to charge. Go to Gamestop and youll probably find 7 Days disks for super cheap and the clerk will probably tell you about the issues with the game. Go to the Microsoft and Sony stores and it is still $29.99 and no info about the past year.

    Thats on them.
    While we all wish that were true stores like gamestop, walmart and even amazon are still are trying to get $20 for it. Most stores have stopped selling it altogether finally but not all. The problem being since the game has no real value on console anymore even your average gamestop employee wont know about these problems. Hence the cycle where people spend $20 on a game they'll never get support on yet whose money is obviously benefiting someone. Ideally online retailers would stop selling this game and eventually gamestop will move to the junk $5 bin.

  8. #158
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    So my buddy said he caught the last live stream from the fun pimps he said that they are no longer doing updates for console version of game. Dont know what he means, figure I would ask the forum

  9. #159
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,543
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
    While we all wish that were true stores like gamestop, walmart and even amazon are still are trying to get $20 for it. Most stores have stopped selling it altogether finally but not all. The problem being since the game has no real value on console anymore even your average gamestop employee wont know about these problems. Hence the cycle where people spend $20 on a game they'll never get support on yet whose money is obviously benefiting someone. Ideally online retailers would stop selling this game and eventually gamestop will move to the junk $5 bin.
    $20 for this game on console is probably a fair price still for the amount of entertainment time you can get out of it. The problems noted by some are not universally experienced and for those who prefer to play the game SP there are even fewer issues. Most people report the game to be an amazingly fun and different experience from most things on xbox or PS4. Even in this thread which is the official place to rant about the console situation there have been a few people post that they haven't had any issues and did get their money's worth.

    If the worst case scenario happens and what we get is the the whole enchilada going forward I would bet that most people would consider it a fair $20 experience. And if that is how it is still being priced then there must be a reason for it. It must still carry some popularity and enough people must be happy about the purchase that the stores are seeing good profits.

    My point was that there is not currently a publisher dictating any sort of price fixing to retail markets. The stores, themselves, are setting the price and if they are still giving it shelf space in the new games section and not clearancing it out then it is because they are seeing good movement still. My own assessment is that if you limit yourself to playing it as is for single player it is still a good $20 value and playing it single player most players will probably never have any major issues with it.

  10. #160
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Pricing and product warning at this point is pretty much all on Microsoft and Sony. They manage their own stores. I really doubt 7Days gets any shelf space in physical stores other than bargain bins or used game shelves at this point in time.

    It was Microsoft and Sony who approved the ports and dubbed them retail ready. Nothing gets released for consoles without the approval process of them.

    In addition it is the publisher’s right to set the price of the goods but retail stores do have the ability to run sales and put things on clearance. Now with no publisher even in existence to dictate terms of sale with retail outlets it pretty much comes down to what each store wants to charge. Go to Gamestop and you’ll probably find 7 Days disks for super cheap and the clerk will probably tell you about the issues with the game. Go to the Microsoft and Sony stores and it is still $29.99 and no info about the past year.

    That’s on them.
    Roland,
    Sorry but I have to say something regarding this post. When you say “product warning”, the clerk at GameStop “will probably tell you about this issues with the game”, and “That’s on them”. That makes me question the future of console, let alone the negative view of the current version of console. I believe I have read in a post you work with TFP, but I don’t know if I read a post of you saying that to be the case. I would agree with most others who play the game solo it is very playable and fun as a PS4 player. For what I now like in the game (pvp) it is more frustration but still playable, if you don’t mind starting over. I would like that to not be the case, but as far as I know TFP are still working on securing the rights back, and aiding console players. I think the time has come for TFP to maybe actually say something so we can all move on, either with or without the update. We don’t know to know all the details, we just need to know the direction things have been heading. Or if the plan is to make it available for PS5, I will wait until I get my PS5 before posting about the pre-order.

  11. #161
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,543
    Rep Power
    2
    Im not privy to whatever legal proceedings are happening. Dont read too much into what I say as meaning one thing or another about the future. I dont know the future.

    My comment about store clerks was just from my own anecdotal evidence. I went into my local GameStop and playing dumb asked about 7 Days to Die. The clerk was pretty knowledgeable about all the drama. Ive been warned about other potential purchases at GameStop as well. Ive always felt the help is more interested in showing their knowledge and being honest about their own reviews of games than making a quick sale on something they dont like personally.

    This was way before Telltale closed but Im betting they would know about that too. I dont think its far fetched that someone asking about the game would be warned by the clerk that it is a Telltale game and Telltale is now defunct and there probably wont be any more updates for it.

    That has nothing to do with the actual reality of how the future plays out.
    Last edited by Roland; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:57 AM.

  12. #162
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 117561 View Post
    So my buddy said he caught the last live stream from the fun pimps he said that they are no longer doing updates for console version of game. Dont know what he means, figure I would ask the forum
    I love how Roland just glosses over you spartan, not once but twice.

  13. #163
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sushiboy69 View Post
    Can't believe this unfinished game with no future updates is still selling for 30 bucks on the xbox live market.... something is wrong here.
    you do know that every game is sold for its original price on the xbox store because it's a digital copy not taking up shelf space in a physical store. I work in retail if something doesn't sell we will lower the price to get it off the shelf to make room for something else.
    digital stores are mostly operating through a program. there is mostly one digital copy in a compressed locked file waiting for the program to uncompress it make a copy of that copy and send it to you. or it's a 1mb compressed zipped file that gets sent to your account, A.K.A the buyer of said game and then it gets unzipped then uncompressed into the game you are play

  14. #164
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,351
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugitive View Post
    I love how Roland just glosses over you spartan, not once but twice.
    Roland answered him already, here:

    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post990102
    Last edited by meganoth; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:16 PM.

  15. #165
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,497
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Plus the last that was said on that live stream was they was still dealing with legal issues and couldn't talk about it. They never said once that console wasn't getting anymore updates. At least as of yet no word has been said it isn't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •