Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopes and Worries about the Telltale Closure and Future of Console Edition

Nomad
    I can think of reasons why there is no announcement either way. If the TFP purchased the rights back, then (hopefully) their in negotiations with a new publisher. There are good reasons for keeping quiet about that.

If they didn't purchase the rights, then again, they are (hopefully) in negotiations (even if they are "hey, we've got your code, give us $x for it").

There is even the possibility that the TFP bought the code back, and are working on a new contract to try and ensure that this doesn't happen again (i.e. a clause basically saying that if the publisher goes bust, then ownership of the code reverts to TFP. IANAL, so no idea if this is feasible, or enforceable).

I hate the fact that there is no news, it would be great to know something. I'm hoping for the best, but I am also prepared to be disappointed. There is also the possibility that TFP are keeping quiet to ensure that no one gets their hopes up. There is a possibility that TFP got the code back, but if they can't find a publisher, then it's no different to them not having the code. So it's possible that they're keeping quiet until they have exhausted that avenue. If they have the code, then they will have reached out to publishers for a tender of some description. That is usually confidential.

Refugee
    Not at all. Just saying we need to be patient. These things can take months or years to resolve. Silence included. I talk from personal experience. No hard feelings.

Refugee
    Thank you for closing the announcements thread Roland.
    I was going back to it on a regular basis looking for some information and had to wade through pages of whining.
    Admittedly I was looking for posts from the fun pimp handle so I did initially disregard your comments as just another speculator without checking out your forum status.
    While my group has moved onto other survival games due to unstable nature of 7D2D, I will be popping back from time to time to check on its status and hope to see some positive news come out of all of this.
    I look forward to pulling the group back into the game one day.
    In short I just wanted to thank the moderators for trying to keep us up with information in the face of what is often some toxic posts from some of the members here.
    Cheers.

Refugee
    My Hope:

Xbox Scarlet could be a way for TFP to obtain new rights to the port. My limited understanding is that Scarlet is a different OS from the XboxOne. This might be enough of a difference to allow TFP to find another porter for the game. With increased graphics and processing power, 7Day's console could be upgraded to the PC version...

As for PS5, I have no knowledge as to the OS and if there is a difference from PS4 that would allow TFP to gain new rights.

Hope and Dreams.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by irjvik View Post
    Hello all.
    Greetings from France.

As for my hopes and worries about 7 Days To Die, I currently play the game solo as 7 Days To Dig.
    As for my entertainment, the game is fine as is and I enjoy it on my PS4.
    I set zombies spawning off so I can dig without being disturbed.
    I'm digging endless (or near-endless) tunnels with pickaxes only.
    Ligne Maginot or Moria Halls ? Only time will tell

My fears : actually none. The game runs flawlessly on my PS4 in solo mode.
    My hopes : an improved version on PS5 with a larger map (PS5 has more RAM), maybe with alternate block textures as DLCs.

I previously used Minecraft to dig tunnels, but 7DTD is more satisfying in doing that.
    So thank you TFP and even TTG so I have a game I can enjoy with my own rules.
    Luv this! Great attitude my friend!

I'm also still playing regularly on the Xbox. Absolutely luv building/designing new creative structures! Even in its current state this game keeps me entertained for hours on end. Just another console player still currently, silently, patiently playing the game waiting for a wonderful bonus surprise that future updates are in fact coming.
    Last edited by Lax; 06-12-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Tracker
    Thanks for opening this new thread where we could discuss stuff about the future of the game in an appropiately titled forum and section for discussion. Roland. What a jerk. CENSORSHIP IS REAL!

Im apparently one of the few straglers and i do matter! Like a fly to a turd i keep coming back. Am i the fly...or the turd....only time will tell.

Also if not abundantly clear. This was sarcasm. That other thread was long overdue to be closed. The only thing wrong with the whole situation was that roland actually took the time to respond to the forum trolls. Well just so you know the leftover turds like me understand.

Still hoping for the best.
    Last edited by Wjiiv; 06-12-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Wjiiv View Post
    Thanks for opening this new thread where we could discuss stuff about the future of the game in an appropiately titled forum and section for discussion. Roland. What a jerk. CENSORSHIP IS REAL!

Im apparently one of the few straglers and i do matter! Like a fly to a turd i keep coming back. Am i the fly...or the turd....only time will tell.

Also if not abundantly clear. This was sarcasm. That other thread was long overdue to be closed. The only thing wrong with the whole situation was that roland actually took the time to respond to the forum trolls. Well just so you know the leftover turds like me understand.

Still hoping for the best.
    LOL...something smells funny....

Refugee
    so is the game dead i think a yes or no is in order were adults here well some but game had a good run if its done well thats it but if you got updates kicking around get them out bro

Scavenger
    hereís how I see it. TFP bought the rights back but they donít know if itís worth the money to update. and if they do update then is it going to be ongoing updates for A16 then A17 etc or just one last update.
    so I think they can prolly only update once for how much it costs to do that since the game is more than 2 years old on console now which means itís basically bargain bin and used game status now. So it would just be to please mostly already existing customers. Updating isnít going to bring in a lot of new money in other words.
    so if that is all true then they prolly will wait until the final version to update console just once more instead of a few more bit by bit.
    But they are a business so they may decide it isnít worth the cost at all and not do it. Thatís prolly why they canít say anything yet.

Refugee
    Sorry, but the Game is 6 years old (on PC) and they Update it. Why they do it? Because the want to get new Customers. And thats whats also possible for Consoles.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Nobody has been punished or banned or silenced. The announcement thread has been closed to all but developers and there is a place here for people to continue as they were wondering when a new announcement would come and speculating on who bought the rights and what it all means. Closing the announcement thread is consistent with all the rest of the announcement threads in that subforum. Take a look. Every single thead is locked.
    Yeah, this has some much credibility coming from a "true believer" and Mr. PC master race, who is rubbing salt to console players in every turn possible. It's not hard argument at all to make that by closing the stickied thread and opening this new one, you are deliberately trying to limit the attention this conversation will get. The fact that you are clearly going above and beyond defending TFP in every turn possible, does not help to convince otherwise either.

Based on the general life experience, it's more than probable that the console port is dead and TFP know it, but keep their customers in the dark for PR and profit reasons. The game is still for sale on PS store for whopping €35!! It is very likely that it still generates some random revenue, despite the current state of the game on consoles. Even tough Telltale owned the rights to the console version, I am really skeptical that TFP would have done so bad contract that they would not get any revenue from console sales.

Usually people are not so stupid that they believe everything that PR-Parrots keep spewing. They have enough life experience to understand that life is not as black and white as people who are affiliated with the capitalistic companies are trying to portray. The sad ones are the ones that spread these lies/intentional misleadings that they seem to believe them self.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Mightypants View Post
    Sorry, but the Game is 6 years old (on PC) and they Update it. Why they do it? Because the want to get new Customers. And thats whats also possible for Consoles.
    That's mainly because it's still in Alpha development, and isn't finished yet.

Quote Originally Posted by greedypimps View Post
    Yeah, this has some much credibility coming from a "true believer" and Mr. PC master race, who is rubbing salt to console players in every turn possible.
    Sorry man, but the PCMR comment is just plain stupid. You lose all credibility the second you toss that out there.
    Of course PC's are better than consoles. This will pretty much always be the case because they are designed specifically to do a hell of a lot more.
    You might as well toss a few other really stupid words like fanboi into your post.

No one is rubbing salt. We're just being realistic. I understand the console crowd has some issues with that sometimes, but that's just too bad. Yall need to get over it.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    That's mainly because it's still in Alpha development, and isn't finished yet.
    Mainly? 😂😂😂 I thought it was THE reason 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Sorry man, but the PCMR comment is just plain stupid. You lose all credibility the second you toss that out there.
    Of course PC's are better than consoles. This will pretty much always be the case because they are designed specifically to do a hell of a lot more.
    You might as well toss a few other really stupid words like fanboi into your post.

No one is rubbing salt. We're just being realistic. I understand the console crowd has some issues with that sometimes, but that's just too bad. Yall need to get over it.
    We are talking about someone that has only made this one post and being the first post this is what they say. Most likely someone that has either been ban or made another account to write it😂😂

Refugee
    I'm not a regular poster and despite lurking the forums for years I only recently joined in the discussion as I do have interest in the future of 7D2D console. I believe to date my posts have been fairly neutral and I've tried to be reasonable in my comments.

However, I'm going to step in and defend the vocally frustrated. They are not turds and trolls. These guys have spent months or possibly years posting their questions, hopes, predictions, theories, and yes frustration. I can empathize with their position. They are clearly mega fans of the game and only want to see it improve and be the best that it can be or at the very least become a more stable experience (particularly Xbox owners).

For the majority of the last six months they have generally defended TFP. It was not TFP's fault that TTG collapsed and put the future of 7D2D console was put in doubt. Most of us get that.

However, it is very reasonable at this point to critize the way that TFP has handled their cone of silence approach. Do I need to be told weekly, "sorry no news" no I don't. However, they could've been at the forefront of some of the developments. Why did the fan base have to chase down information on their own? Such as Sherwood Partners is handling the asset liquidation, or that the auction would be in April, or that the auction has been completed, or that 7D2D console publishing rights and IG code was purchased, or that the buyer chose to be anonymous, etc.

Those are details that TFP should've been the ones to release. There is no legal risk as it is public knowledge. They don't have to back up those statements of fact with any sort of promises or commitments. It's simply keeping the consumer aware of the situation. That is the type of "no news" that would at least convey to us the super fans, who are stilling playing the game, and taking time out of our day to care enough to continually visit these forums because we love what TFP has created.

We are not trolls and turds. Close the News thread? Fine I get the reason. Should've happen months ago. Although in all fairness it really wouldn't have spun out of control if there was more official news transparency. So that culpability is as equally shared between the TFP team's approach as it is with the vocal dissenters.

Lastly, Roland And Sylen are just about our only official conduit to TFP in this pocket of silence. I immensely appreciate their patience in dealing with a difficult sutuation. Having said that I would be remiss in not noting that some of the responses to the fanbase can come off as sarcastic at least lately. You guys do a great job but I caution keeping it above board and professional. We are just looking for news to a game we love.

Again calling people trolls and turds because they ask questions isn't appropriate. Some of you might be content to sit and around and wait for an announcement that may never come. You do you. For myself I'm going to be more vocal, tactfully vocal than some I hope, but I'm going to ask TFP for a bone every now and then. I bought their product so yes they actually do owe me that much if they want to retain a repeat customer. That is Marketing 101.

I work in Business Development and
    I guarantee that if I ignored my customer emails and phone calls, I would lose that business very very quickly. I owe my customers the courtesy of addressing them when queried. No different than TFP owing me, a buying customer, the same level of respect.

That's all. My two cents. Thank you.

Inventor
    Any hopes and/or fears regarding the console edition is based on knowledge that is now nearly a year old. Either way, its speculation at best. At worst, with Twitter posts popping up and getting deleted from TFP saying both they regret the console version, and yet don't want to lose the console community, it's really hard to say what the future, if at all, holds for this game.

To close off the main thread from the few people that still posted on it siting the negative nature of the conversation as the reason, and then making a brand new post so that we can continue the conversation seems to me to be a flexing of unnecessary forum powers. Granted the announcement post should have been closed last year, when became clear that there would be no further updates until after the TT bankruptcy hearings of earlier this year. New announcements should be made in new threads, but what so I know?

The stark silence over a year after the last update we received speaks volumes. If the Fun Pimps cared at all for the console market, they would have at least shot out a brief update after the hearings even if it was just to say "We have not forgotten the consoles. We are still working toward getting updates rolling." Or, "Sadly, due to unavoidable legal ramifications, we will be unable to continue console support." Instead, we are in the dark. It makes it hard for me to justify giving the game disk space. I mean why should I give space to a game owned by a developer when it feels like they got what they wanted from me and now they're done?