Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Respawn on bed needs tweaking

  1. #1
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Respawn on bed needs tweaking

    So instant 24/7 respawning is not that great in pvp, and ontop of that servers that lets u keep ur belt just makes it even worse, cause u can just respawn with a weapon and ammo and keep killing the raiders etc. So i suggest u change the respawn to work like in rust, one respawn then cooldown, another respawn then a longer cooldown. Maybe a higher tier bed for shorter respawn timers?

  2. #2
    Inventor Katitof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    945
    Rep Power
    1
    Rust is a pvp oriented game.
    7d is a pve coop game with an added optional pvp element that never was meant to be focus.

  3. #3
    Tracker Shineblossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Slavic Lands
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    1
    Also, let us not forget that literally everything in RUST will IK you. Also, when you log out, your character will just lie on the ground and sleep, so anyone can rob / kill you.
    #NoTrustInRust

  4. #4
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    368
    Rep Power
    1
    you answered your problem yourself. just play on DROP ALL servers. respawn timer? thats a bad for base protector with adventage for attacker

  5. #5
    Zombie Hunter OnlyMeiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    Rust is a pvp oriented game.
    7d is a pve coop game with an added optional pvp element that never was meant to be focus.
    Rust is a terrible PVP game; the building is very linear and lame/clunky since its not based on the same isometric block design used for 7 days, I've gone through many lengthy conversations about why PVP should have more focus in this game and it still confuses me why the casual pve players are always so strongly against it getting any love.

    7d has extremely good potential to be something many other games cannot, something that surpasses even many of the most popular zombie survival/horde/crafting games could ever dream to possess, the only problem is the entirely pve focus for over 6 years has left too much to be desired and left most loyal players searching for other games as they remain starved for any type of support for other players or devs.
    Last edited by OnlyMeiya; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:05 PM.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,217
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMeiya View Post
    Rust is a terrible PVP game; the building is very linear and lame/clunky since its not based on the same isometric block design used for 7 days, I've gone through many lengthy conversations about why PVP should have more focus in this game and it still confuses me why the casual pve players are always so strongly against it getting any love.

    7d has extremely good potential to be something many other games cannot, something that surpasses even many of the most popular zombie survival/horde/crafting games could ever dream to possess, the only problem is the entirely pve focus for over 6 years has left too much to be desired and left most loyal players searching for other games as they remain starved for any type of support for other players or devs.
    I think the reason could be at least in part the perception that many games focus on PvP at the expense and to the detriment of SP and Co-op. PvP is a cash cow and most studios are going to milk it. That TFP have not is gratifying to those of us who have finally found a game where co-op and SP come first.

    As you say....the focus on PvE and SP has damaged PvP for this game and I believe it is inevitable that it must be that way. If the focus were to shift to PvP then it would be the SP and Co-op balance that would suffer.

    It seems proven in this industry that when a game offers PvP, Co-Op, and SP access to the same game version that only one can be robust and the others invariably feel like afterthoughts. Interestingly, there is another thread active right now complaining that SP is suffering due to the game seeming to be balanced more for team play these days.

    But how dare the SP faction complain about only being second favorite of the devs, eh?
    Last edited by Roland; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:44 AM.

  7. #7
    Zombie Hunter OnlyMeiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    I think the reason could be at least in part the perception that many games focus on PvP at the expense and to the detriment of SP and Co-op. PvP is a cash cow and most studios are going to milk it. That TFP have not is gratifying to those of us who have finally found a game where co-op and SP come first.

    As you say....the focus on PvE and SP has damaged PvP for this game and I believe it is inevitable that it must be that way. If the focus were to shift to PvP then it would be the SP and Co-op balance that would suffer.

    It seems proven in this industry that when a game offers PvP, Co-Op, and SP access to the same game version that only one can be robust and the others invariably feel like afterthoughts. Interestingly, there is another thread active right now complaining that SP is suffering due to the game seeming to be balanced more for team play these days.

    But how dare the SP faction complain about only being second favorite of the devs, eh?
    Just because you give a little love to PVP does not mean you will suffer in single player; both of these aspects can work in tandem with each other in fact they already do, the problem is adding in some new features, that honestly no body really wanted to asked for (Like 1 land claim was the hands down most terrible idea TFP ever did, you lost so many players when you did this, literally 90% of everyone I played with online, quit) SP gets boring, very boring, PVP is what keeps players interested in a sandbox environment like this one, something 7 days does so well, but destroys itself with its only focus being for PVE and not giving any consideration for how PVP has been utterly disemboweled over the years.

    But I mean hell, when players are quitting your game because you're making it worse and you aren't listening to any of those players because they are primarily PVP players? Like does the value of a PVE player exceed that of a PVPer or something?

    Then the answer is the *Suffles hand through bowl of PVE'r fanboy replies*
    "A PVE focused game."

    Or

    "Play another game." <--- you should never say this to unhappy players that have valid reasons!

    Its always so true, look at World of Warcraft (granted, yes blizzard is a huge company, but its a prime example that its possible to make pve and pvp work together well without entirely separating them)

    GameStage is unbalanced, after a while it becomes pointless to run out to do looting runs because you lose more than you will gain and by the time you get there, you don't need anything because you can craft it, there is no incentive, but if there were rival player guilds or groups to deal with, then their interference with your survival has gotten far more interesting.
    Last edited by OnlyMeiya; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:12 PM.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,217
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMeiya View Post
    Just because you give a little love to PVP does not mean you will suffer in single player; both of these aspects can work in tandem with each other in fact they already do,
    The two have never worked well in tandem in any game ever made. One always suffers for the other. You claim that they already do and yet you said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMeiya View Post
    7d has extremely good potential to be something many other games cannot, something that surpasses even many of the most popular zombie survival/horde/crafting games could ever dream to possess, the only problem is the entirely pve focus for over 6 years has left too much to be desired and left most loyal players searching for other games as they remain starved for any type of support for other players or devs.
    If the focus had been on PVP all this time then it would have been the single player and co-op players starving. There is no magical precious game mode to rule them all that can accommodate SP, Co-op, and PvP.

    It worked well in early versions of the game because it was just a basic framework of a game and mostly just open world environment without any sort of progression or rules. As rules and systems and progression and balancing have been added in they have had to do it with a focus in mind and PvP was not it.

  9. #9
    Zombie Hunter OnlyMeiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    The two have never worked well in tandem in any game ever made. One always suffers for the other. You claim that they already do and yet you said this:


    If the focus had been on PVP all this time then it would have been the single player and co-op players starving. There is no magical precious game mode to rule them all that can accommodate SP, Co-op, and PvP.

    It worked well in early versions of the game because it was just a basic framework of a game and mostly just open world environment without any sort of progression or rules. As rules and systems and progression and balancing have been added in they have had to do it with a focus in mind and PvP was not it.
    That is a delusion brought on by the prospect that there will be 100% neglect on one side, because of all this time, 100% neglect has been on the pvp side, and you are assuming that if it happened to PVP that if you give a little bit of love to it , that PVE will suffer, which is entirely false if it is done right.

    What you're referring to is game mode neglect, that is an entirely different subject.

    If you balance and alternate you can achieve a good medium between them that does not entirely cripple one.

    It works very well in the early game because there was attention to it in the early game.

    In fact only a few things are what hurt pvp very badly, and I have given you guys ample suggestions to fix PVP without hurting PVE.

    PVP really doesn't need much to be viable, thats all we are asking for roland, to be VIABLE. We don't need entire focus.

    Fix X-ray glitch.
    Fix duping.


    Make guns deal more damage to other players by giving us a mod that can be added to any gun that will penetrate Armor.

    Give us an ability to extend our land claim coverage somehow, the 1-land claim literally destoyed PVP.

    There's lots of little things that can be kind of ignored.

    Doing any of these will not hurt pve but in a way can slightly assist it.

    Its not only just that pvp has been neglected, its mainly that there were arbitrary reasons that made changes that really hurt it, and we could have literally done without any of them and been fine PVE.

    But no, someone had to have these "great ideas" and in doing so those great ideas, screwed your pvp community and have lost many players from the lack of giving a damn about keeping pvp viable.

    And then the answer was "Its not a pvp game, go play something else."
    Oh we want to give pvp attention but not after we've had our fill reinventing the wheel with pve for many many years to come, Seriously, we've waited very patiently and with every patch it gets worse and worse, there is never any new real content, just stretching of the existing content by making the early game almost as tedious as possible.

    Instead of taking a step back and taking player feedback when we tell you how bad it is, no one says "Okay, that broke pvp too much, lets try to achieve our goal another way so they can still have fun too."

    Instead the answer is "Fk pvp, no one cares!"

    We're scared to do anything so we will do nothing, such a bad choice.

    Not every decision and change made will be damaging to another aspect, in many ways you can make them assist one another.
    Last edited by OnlyMeiya; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:55 AM.

  10. #10
    Reconstructionist Khulkhuum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    565
    Rep Power
    1
    Geez calm down or you'll pop a vine and bleed to death O.o

    Like seriously, this argument killed your whole family and you're making it very personal that TFP need to correct their mistakes this instant, otherwise there will be grave consequences. Take a few deep breaths and calm down. A18 is around the corner and when it hits at least Experimental, you can blabber about further "no changes to mechanics", "no performance improvements", "no new content" and anything else there is you want to wail about.

    BTW, your fonts were a bit small, so i suggest you use bigger ones next time if you want to push your thoughts across, because they weren't visible enough...

  11. #11
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,153
    Rep Power
    1
    Just a couple of points here.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMeiya View Post
    Fix X-ray glitch.
    Looking through a lot of bug reports recently, I discovered several reports where adjusting the FoV would allow/support this glitch. If you follow that train of thought, it makes removing the FoV slider from the game perfectly reasonable as a fix.

    Sadly, that also completely screws up gameplay for a large number of players. As you would notice if you've paid attention to the many issues caused to players by having a fixed FoV at only 65. We have a workaround now, so they might as well stick the slider back in. Which will again allow it to be exploited.
    You can't have everything. This IS a Voxel game after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMeiya View Post
    Give us an ability to extend our land claim coverage somehow, the 1-land claim literally destoyed PVP.
    The ability to have 40 destroyed PvE servers, and it wasn't very helpful on PvP either as it was easily abused. It's been an option in the server settings for a couple of builds now, so consider this one resolved already. The server owner can choose how many each player can have. Which in the end, has always been the best option.

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMeiya View Post
    And then the answer was "Its not a pvp game, go play something else."
    This is entirely true. The game wasn't originally designed, or intended for PvP play. The fact that it even existed in the first place was a glitch.

    Stop trying to force the developers to make something they hadn't planned on doing. It's their game to develop, not yours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •